We just got better

AmherstCane

Recruit
We will be a substantially better team next year than we were the second half of this year if Lykes develops as expected.

Trade Newton and Lonnie (2018 version) for Johnson & Wilson? Every single day.

Buka and Gak will surprise next year, too.

Advertisement
Yea idk about substantially but given the three transfer we just snatched and development from some of the current guys on the roster I actually could see next years team being slightly better than this years.

Johnson >>>>> 2018 Lonnie

Lykes >>>> Newton (offensively)

What will Wilson contribute? Will Mack get a waiver? Fair questions... but regardless of those answers 2019>>>>2018 as currently constituted.

I think with the transfers we've gotten we could be as good as last year after Brown got hurt. Higher floor lower ceiling in comparison to post Brown injury. I still don't think this current team is a good as what we had last year before Brown got hurt though. But there are so many variables so what do I know? One thing is for certain, L and the staff got some players so we can compete once again in the ACC and make our 4th straight tourney. This is all assuming Huell comes back though.

Advertisement
Johnson >>>>> 2018 Lonnie

Lykes >>>> Newton (offensively)

What will Wilson contribute? Will Mack get a waiver? Fair questions... but regardless of those answers 2019>>>>2018 as currently constituted.
Hard to make comparisons here. Lonnie is a high-level NBA talent but 11.5 points, less than 3 rebs and south of 42% shooting is somewhat of a disappointing season from a guy who was dubbed as the "second coming of MJ" by his own college coach. Safe to expect that Johnson and Wilson will more than replace that production in the aggregate.

Lykes over Newton is a no-brainer upgrade. I expect Chris to be a leader next season and continue to get better. He can already score the ball so I look for him to develop into a floor general who makes the guys around him better.

Bruce is the only true stinging loss I see for next year. Guys that can get you 12/6/4, handle the ball and lock your best player down on D don't grow on trees. I would have loved to see what he could have done with a full second season of health but, unfortunately, we will never know.

Advertisement
Back