We just gonna ignore

Advertisement
TrumpyCane demands to know why funniest poster of the year award thread was deleted

TrumpyCane was up a landslide
It will be done later. What was posted was a portion of the potential nominees not the narrowed down list. It shouldn’t have been posted. We have changed the process since then and it’s much smoother. You are indisputably a top candidate for that award and multiple ones for that matter.

I see a team who’s spirit was broken. I see a team playing at half speed. Also lol at worrying about Feld. Cali and Florida don’t create strong football players. They create fast football players. You want strength? Then you better get your *** to the South and the northern parts of the Midwest.

I see a team who’s spirit was broken. I see a team playing at half speed. Also lol at worrying about Feld. Cali and Florida don’t create strong football players. They create fast football players. You want strength? Then you better get your *** to the South and the northern parts of the Midwest.
So you good with Mr. Mustachio? I’m excited to watch him fight the other teams’ mascots during games.

Tell us more about how awesome Texas is
Happily 3#1 draft picks Baker, Garrett, Stafford recently. Best ol Trent williams who I personally know. The best Rb since Barry is Adrian Peterson who broke my record but I digress. Aggie alum who wished to be a Cane is my gripe. Oh and my son was visited by Lincoln and will easily have his pic.

Advertisement
Happily 3#1 draft picks Baker, Garrett, Stafford recently. Best ol Trent williams who I personally know. The best Rb since Barry is Adrian Peterson who broke my record but I digress. Aggie alum who wished to be a Cane is my gripe
You went to aTm?

Happily 3#1 draft picks Baker, Garrett, Stafford recently. Best ol Trent williams who I personally know. The best Rb since Barry is Adrian Peterson who broke my record but I digress. Aggie alum who wished to be a Cane is my gripe. Oh and my son was visited by Lincoln and will easily have his pic.
Interesting stuff on here. Did he break your record in track or football?

Advertisement
Under Slocum who I disliked but, Texas Mackovic gave me a scholar but his replacement Brown took my younger rival Lee Jackson instead.
That’s awesome. How does a guy who grew up in Texas, and goes to aTm - as a football player to boot - become a UM fan?

Like I went to a small school in DC with no football team but I grew up in a house with 2 UM parents and went to games as a young kid and growing up.

What year and position is your son? Does he share your Cane fandom?

That’s awesome. How does a guy who grew up in Texas, and goes to aTm - as a football player to boot - become a UM fan?

Like I went to a small school in DC with no football team but I grew up in a house with 2 UM parents and went to games as a young kid and growing up.
I have this same question for some of our lads from overseas. Their fandom is fascinating to me

Advertisement
What year and position is your son? Does he share your Cane fandom?
He's a 9th grader who thinks Lincoln is a star but of course I took him to the Miami bowl game in the Independence bowl and the setting wasn't impressive. He gets excited on old tapes of the U so I hope we get back soon to relevance.

He's a 9th grader who thinks Lincoln is a star but of course I took him to the Miami bowl game in the Independence bowl and the setting wasn't impressive. He gets excited on old tapes of the U so I hope we get back soon to relevance.
Awesome, good luck to him and hopefully we have a shot in a few years

So you good with Mr. Mustachio? I’m excited to watch him fight the other teams’ mascots during games.
He’s given me no reason to question anything. That’s the same team that had to match OSU’s physicality and won the trench battle. If you can beat OSU in the trenches you can beat anybody.

Advertisement

I grew up with some players like Tremaine Mack who came regularly to visit our school promoting his espy win and I hungout with Damione Lewis. But it started for me is when Miami face Notre Dame Tony Rice. I hated Dame and loved Miami speed.

Two things can be true at the same time.

Mario is the coach we got now & the excitement he’s brining & the recruiting he’s going to do is dearly needed for our program to take the next step, he’s a good coach no doubt.

Oregon is also a ****** team that played in a cotton soft conference.

The Alamo Bowl is not on Mario, but those Utah beatdowns & that bad Stanford loss is, but either way I don’t think that really matters much to Miami in the sense of how things will go for us, at least down the line.

On one hand, it should get people to temper their expectations a bit in terms of expecting of us to win the ACC in year 1, but on the other hand it’s not going to deter people from being a little overzealous in the aptitude to talk about Mario as if he’s Saban Jr.

All Oregon’s season has highlighted is that Mario needs to hit Homeruns with his coordinator hires because while he will definitely be a recruiting dynamo it can’t be denied that the game day coaching in some instances have been questionable to put it as delicate as possible.

It also may raise an eyebrow or two about Feld...

But the truth is, it’s far too early for any objectivity in Mario’s tenure, you’re not going to be able to ask any questions or second guess anything in the first couple years of Mario’s run without being attacked, even if you have valid points to make.

Miami has the pieces to win & we play in weak conference as well, not as weak as the Pac-12, but weak enough. So, hopefully we win & won’t have anything to worry about, but until then, you kinda gotta just keep any dissension or questions you may have to yourself, unless you just enjoy arguing lol.
preach

Two things can be true at the same time.

Mario is the coach we got now & the excitement he’s brining & the recruiting he’s going to do is dearly needed for our program to take the next step, he’s a good coach no doubt.

Oregon is also a ****** team that played in a cotton soft conference.

The Alamo Bowl is not on Mario, but those Utah beatdowns & that bad Stanford loss is, but either way I don’t think that really matters much to Miami in the sense of how things will go for us, at least down the line.

On one hand, it should get people to temper their expectations a bit in terms of expecting of us to win the ACC in year 1, but on the other hand it’s not going to deter people from being a little overzealous in the aptitude to talk about Mario as if he’s Saban Jr.

All Oregon’s season has highlighted is that Mario needs to hit Homeruns with his coordinator hires because while he will definitely be a recruiting dynamo it can’t be denied that the game day coaching in some instances have been questionable to put it as delicate as possible.

It also may raise an eyebrow or two about Feld...

But the truth is, it’s far too early for any objectivity in Mario’s tenure, you’re not going to be able to ask any questions or second guess anything in the first couple years of Mario’s run without being attacked, even if you have valid points to make.

Miami has the pieces to win & we play in weak conference as well, not as weak as the Pac-12, but weak enough. So, hopefully we win & won’t have anything to worry about, but until then, you kinda gotta just keep any dissension or questions you may have to yourself, unless you just enjoy arguing lol.
I agree with all your points. Mario is a good coach and his best days are ahead (or at least I hope). The main thing to take away from all this is that both coordinator hires are of the utmost importance and that cannot be understated. Mario is in position now to hire two elite coordinators then back them up with analysts galore. We have the money to spend so spend it.

There is some concern as to what is left in terms of coordinators this time around as many elite coaches were already hired by the time Mario signed on. There may be some truth to this but if I was a betting man I would put my next mortgage payment down that our OC and DC have already been chosen. Then I would put next months mortgage payment down that those two spots will be taken by Kendall Briles (OC) and Glenn Schumann (DC). That's pretty darn good for getting to the party late.

In terms of Mario and the 2 losses to Utah, I can't really speak to that because frankly I have no clue. Sometimes you get your *** kicked and it happens to everyone. I'm not letting him off the hook, I just don't think there is much more to say as I have no way of knowing how much of it was the fact that Utah matched up very well against Oregon and how much of it was the players being deflated because they knew what was going on and perhaps it became a major distraction in the locker room. Add to that the injury status of QB Anthony Brown and how that negatively affected his play.

What I do know is that all of that drama is over and Mario is back home in his dream job and I believe Cristobal will take all of his previous experience and put it to use because he knows that if he plays his cards right that this will be the last coaching job that he will ever have. The timing couldn't have been better as Mario Cristobal is uniquely qualified to build this program back up into the juggernaut that it once was and can be again. The school has decided to go for it and spend money with the goal of competing with and rejoining the elite of college football.

The excitement and the buzz around this program and within the fan base is something that I didn't think I would ever see and it is truly something to behold. I'm still pinching myself because all of this spending money and all these big time moves seem like something out of a fantasy. Did we somehow all get sent to some parallel universe where the UM administration gives a **** about football?

Mario Cristobal isn't perfect. Nobody is. He is however a huge upgrade over anyone we have had here since Davis and you could even say since Erickson as Davis had no head coaching experience prior to getting the Miami job. I'm extremely happy to have him but I will voice any valid criticism or concern that I may have. With everything that we have been through with this program, I'm not quite ready to just blindly tow the company line. I'll give Mario my full support just as I gave it to all of our former coaches until they proved that they were not up to the task. I have a very strong feeling however that things will be very different this time around and that coach Cristobal will be around for a good long time.

Advertisement
Back