We interviewed Rhett Lashlee for OC today; expected to interview Robert Anae today as well

Advertisement
I'm not sure what that tells me yet, which means its not a home run.

We just went 6-7 with a coach on the hot seat and as toxic of a fan base you’ll find right now. This is way better than I was expecting, not a home run but Brady wasn’t either when he took the job.

Nobody knows a home run until you see the product on the field.

Last edited:
You left a lot out of the story. I also have family in bama and one is a Auburn booster.

Lashlee only called the plays one year and finished sixth nationally rushing , while losing his starting qb and rb. The qb that was hurt was Shawn white, and he was awful before the injury. The issue with with him and Gus was more schematically, Lashlee wanted to get away from the majority power run offense and use more of the pass. So they went their separate ways, he could’ve stayed as oc but malzahn has always called his own plays. And wanted them back.

So he goes to UConn , takes pay cut to run his own offense, he took over arguably the worst o in the country and they jumped around fifty spots. Every offensive staff jumped significantly. From yards, s&p and plays.

His pass offense at Smu finished number 13, now go look at malzahns pass offenses at Auburn. This year they finished below MIAMI, yes i said MIAMI!!

The proof in the pass game alone is enough to show he’s not malzahn and was one of the reasons for their issues. Auburn has had below average pass games Malzahns entire time as hc. It’s basically techno bowl route concepts.

I figured I’d ad some facts to your post.
Facts. He jumped from 130 out of 130 to 103 out of 130 in his 1 yr at UCONN. Facts his first year at SMU they greatly regressed. He has had one good year as OC at smu which basically got them back to where they were before he arrived. Look if I'm manny I'm not risking my job on lashlee especially if he truly is into analytics as much as he says he is.

Advertisement
Did you watch the game, or you just got the points? They scored 14 in garbage time after FAU shut it down and emptied the bench.
It was also a huge letdown spot after losing to Memphis to potentially play in a NY6 bowl. Very tough to gauge bowl motivation, especially for a pre-Xmas bowl. Plus they were without Roberson.

I'll go with the bigger sample size of the 2019 regular season rather than the poor bowl performance. They gave a tough Memphis team everything they could handle in a nationally televised game that was the biggest game for that program in a very long time.

Advertisement
Fair. On the surface it's just slightly alarming that this happened in 2017.

Gus loves to call plays. I was surprised he even let anyone call plays for him to begin.

We all know coaches will relieve duties, and start firing folks that aren't to blame, when that heat turns up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Welcome to cis. I just read a poster say Richt ran an uptempo / spread offense. Not sure where we find these guys.
If lashlee is the best we can get so be it and let's roll. I do think he would be an improvement over Enos which isn't saying much... But wouldn't be enough to save Mannys job

We just went 6-7 with a coach on the hot seat and as toxic of a fan base you’ll find right now. This is way better than I was expecting, not a home run but Brady wasn’t either when he took the job.

Bobodt knows a home run until you see the product on the field.

Under different circumstances, this would be a great hire. I'm not sure if a deferential younger dude is the right fit for the situation. I'm leaning towards pay the money to pair grizzled spread vet (Briles/RichRod/Fedora) + Ken Dorsey QB/Co-OC.

Advertisement
Back