We have two commits

In the vein, our best classes on paper have always had a ton of early commits. We have rarely finished with a quality class without a hot start - see '08, '12, '18, '21.
I went and looked at the commits for those years. Admittedly I only looked at kids we signed. I‘m sure we had lots of decommits some of those cycles but that kind of supports my point.

None of the kids Randy signed in ‘08 were committed by this date in ‘07.

‘12 was essentially a disaster. The high rating was largely a function of having 33 kids in it. Howard signed late. Bush did too. The best two players were Duke and Flowers and they committed earlier. But Flowers was pre-summer, not before that. Duke was the only kid we signed who was committed as of this time that cycle.

‘18 had a few kids who were committed even back to Golden ... it picked up a lot between mid-Feb - June. I suspect we’ll see the same thing this year but backloaded for the reasons I identified (covid and staff changes).

Advertisement
So you miss the days of us being a “placeholder”. Ok

Fl9mfnQx9KY_6C9DUYYPj_xRmjDFdGCoqT4j7Gq59OZOV5o-uJizSsrIAwYSXG-9
That's it right there,
all 5'-3", 113 lbs of her.

I'll be happy if the Canes got a commit from a solid punter. God forbid we trot out another feagles out there

Advertisement
Advertisement
Since we’ve conflated recollections of a hot chick from back in the day with thoughts of a slow start to a recruiting class, let me be the first to say that I’m going to feel like I’ve lost my virginity when TWill gets a commitment from a stout MLB prospect. Can we get a Devin White up in here so we can all see that this system has not been the problem with our LB play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back