We have to do something about CBB being on TV...

I get where you're coming from. MLB has made itself big enough that it's probably not going to fall much further behind NFL/NBA. But again - for me as a fan growing up, today's MLB is a far cry from what it was. It used to feel like if you are a fan, you're a part of the game. Now, it just feels distant. I definitely relate to the college game a lot more as it hasn't become nearly as sterile and is still pretty pure when it comes to how they play the game.

I do agree wholeheartedly that College baseball deserves more airtime. Heck, I think the MLB game should shorten to about half of the 162 game season and that would make things more meaningful in my eyes. It's exhausting to follow even though there are tons of ways to do so now...and I'm speaking for myself here, but the trends in terms of interest in MLB are less than what they used to be in my eyes. You see more fans of teams in their respective cities than you do folks traveling from out of town to show up to games unless they're just hardcore die-hard fans.

Fair points. I just think that this thread turned into some sort of an "I know how to use streaming devices" detour. It's not that. It's about the distinct lack of ANY coverage for college baseball, in the media, or in broadcasts. I really don't care if anyone knows how to use a Firestick. I care about Dan Radakovich and other ADs making a bigger effort to elevate the entire approach to, and coverage of, college baseball.

And, yes, your points about how MLB views itself in the world (and the arrogance) feeds into the reality that baseball is no longer the dominant #1 "America's Pasttime" that it once was.

That is all.

Advertisement
Fair points. I just think that this thread turned into some sort of an "I know how to use streaming devices" detour. It's not that. It's about the distinct lack of ANY coverage for college baseball, in the media, or in broadcasts. I really don't care if anyone knows how to use a Firestick. I care about Dan Radakovich and other ADs making a bigger effort to elevate the entire approach to, and coverage of, college baseball.

And, yes, your points about how MLB views itself in the world (and the arrogance) feeds into the reality that baseball is no longer the dominant #1 "America's Pasttime" that it once was.

That is all.

I wasn't picking on your streaming skills homie - no worries on that front. I agree that any collegiate leadership should do all that they can to make baseball accessible to fans. College baseball as a brand only gets the coverage it deserves around Omaha, and before then it is sorely lacking. IMO - it deserves to pull coverage from MLB but again - the MLB is a machine and they won't get short-changed by ESPN for sure.

Good convo overall. (y)

I wasn't picking on your streaming skills homie - no worries on that front. I agree that any collegiate leadership should do all that they can to make baseball accessible to fans. College baseball as a brand only gets the coverage it deserves around Omaha, and before then it is sorely lacking. IMO - it deserves to pull coverage from MLB but again - the MLB is a machine and they won't get short-changed by ESPN for sure.

Good convo overall. (y)

Oh, no, I'm not bothered by it. I was just pointing out that the over-focus on "well, I can stream games" misses the broader point. I'm not mad at anyone, but I have bigger concerns than just whether I can personally see games.

It's an important convo, and one that I hope Radakovich can address.

Advertisement
Back