We have to be the impatient fan base

And in that time this program has been saddled with two of the most incompetent coaches Miami has ever seen..... and you think that kind of mess gets cleaned up in a year?? Have you been under a rock?

This fan base is chock full of petulant children.

MY *****....I ******' CANT STAND THESE "I'LL B IN WHEN WE WIN" NUBCANES...

U BLEED OR DIE TRYING

Advertisement
I honestly don't think anyone of the anti-coaches crowd has really looked at our depth chart. You have dmoney proclaiming true sophomores as busts for goodness sake. Please someone point to a team in the past 30 years that have had success with the collective youth and inexperience on defense that we have now. It is astounding how young we are. People really just gloss over it with the mindless drivel about schemes and coaching.

THIS to the 9th degree. Every word. Shannon left us a FULL REBUILD.

Figures you would see it that way. Some of our fans have gone FULL ******.

The day that Canes fans start accepting 84 points and 1000 yards in 2 games against BC and K State is the day that our beloved program is relegated to mediocrity forever. I for one do not accept it. A bunch of talented freshmen should be able to force more than 1 punt in 2 games. They shouldn't allow K State's backup QB to run at will. They shouldn't make BC's average QB look like Johnny Unitas. Where's the Canes pride? I'm just disgusted. 8 years of this garbage under 3 coaches.

I honestly don't think anyone of the anti-coaches crowd has really looked at our depth chart. You have dmoney proclaiming true sophomores as busts for goodness sake. Please someone point to a team in the past 30 years that have had success with the collective youth and inexperience on defense that we have now. It is astounding how young we are. People really just gloss over it with the mindless drivel about schemes and coaching.

Quit while you are still behind. You act as if every other team in CFB lines up Jr's and Sr's only. The rosters of all teams have many underclassmen playing large roles. Many of them playing at a very high level. But it's only the UM kids who need time to mature?
Come on man.

Let's look at the team that just emasculated us three days ago, as a direct point of comparison.

The entire starting defensive unit are upperclassmen-9 Srs and 2 Jrs. On offense, they have sophs starting at C and WR and a rFr at LG- everyone else is an upperclassman. So, 19 of the 22 starters are upperclassmen. Overall, they have 11 sophmores and freshmen on the two-deep.

His progression after coming back to KSU:
2009 6-6
2010 7-6
2011 10-3
2012 2-0 and counting

He's been program building(for the second time, mind you) for the past 3 seasons and this is his first legitimate Top 10 team. The team I saw last Saturday is capable of being Oklahoma and winning the Big-12. They're faster than we thought, more athletic than we thought, and execute with the acumen of a team that's been drilled tirelessly. I can't help but envy what they are considering what they used to be.

Don't get me wrong- it's fine to have contributing younger players here and there. We won a national title 30 years ago with a freshman QB and WR leading the way. But in this era, nobody else in the country plays 17 or 18 kids on the two-deep and skates through the season. I'm sure USC and Bama and Oregon have handfuls of baby-faced assassins contributing. Pretty sure Oregon's QB is a rFr and he seems to be doing just fine. But those are programs that have been rolling on autopilot from a minute and have strong coaches that drive the ship. We're dealing with a team that's been stuck in the mud for a decade. We're still building this thing. Besides being young, our kids are surrounded by mediocre or bad upperclassmen who do nothing to help make them better on the field. They're also receiving poor coaching at the moment. That's a violent combination to have to sift through, and I think we're in store for at least one or two more of these thumpings in 2012.

I completely get the OP point and what you are saying. Totally. But at some point it becomes an invalid excuse. I'm too lazy to do a roster by roster comparison of all of losses under Golden. Lat year we weren't "young" we were just "bad". Now we aren't so much "bad" as we are "young". Call it what you will but I see underclassmen performing at high levels all over the country every weekend. That is an undeniable fact. For some reason, those performers just don't end up in Coral Gables.

It's one of the mysteries of the world.

Quit while you are still behind. You act as if every other team in CFB lines up Jr's and Sr's only. The rosters of all teams have many underclassmen playing large roles. Many of them playing at a very high level. But it's only the UM kids who need time to mature?
Come on man.

Let's look at the team that just emasculated us three days ago, as a direct point of comparison.

The entire starting defensive unit are upperclassmen-9 Srs and 2 Jrs. On offense, they have sophs starting at C and WR and a rFr at LG- everyone else is an upperclassman. So, 19 of the 22 starters are upperclassmen. Overall, they have 11 sophmores and freshmen on the two-deep.

His progression after coming back to KSU:
2009 6-6
2010 7-6
2011 10-3
2012 2-0 and counting

He's been program building(for the second time, mind you) for the past 3 seasons and this is his first legitimate Top 10 team. The team I saw last Saturday is capable of being Oklahoma and winning the Big-12. They're faster than we thought, more athletic than we thought, and execute with the acumen of a team that's been drilled tirelessly. I can't help but envy what they are considering what they used to be.

Don't get me wrong- it's fine to have contributing younger players here and there. We won a national title 30 years ago with a freshman QB and WR leading the way. But in this era, nobody else in the country plays 17 or 18 kids on the two-deep and skates through the season. I'm sure USC and Bama and Oregon have handfuls of baby-faced assassins contributing. Pretty sure Oregon's QB is a rFr and he seems to be doing just fine. But those are programs that have been rolling on autopilot from a minute and have strong coaches that drive the ship. We're dealing with a team that's been stuck in the mud for a decade. We're still building this thing. Besides being young, our kids are surrounded by mediocre or bad upperclassmen who do nothing to help make them better on the field. They're also receiving poor coaching at the moment. That's a violent combination to have to sift through, and I think we're in store for at least one or two more of these thumpings in 2012.

I completely get the OP point and what you are saying. Totally. But at some point it becomes an invalid excuse. I'm too lazy to do a roster by roster comparison of all of losses under Golden. Lat year we weren't "young" we were just "bad". Now we aren't so much "bad" as we are "young". Call it what you will but I see underclassmen performing at high levels all over the country every weekend. That is an undeniable fact. For some reason, those performers just don't end up in Coral Gables.

It's one of the mysteries of the world.

Usually when those underclassmen perform at such high levels, they have a lot of experienced and talented players around them. They are at the very least surrounded by better than the likes of Vaughn Telemaque, Darius Smith, and Kacy Rodgers. Perryman is playing very, very well right now but everything he does is negated by the incompetence of the players around him. He can't do everything, and if the defense believes him to be a problem for them, it is possible to scheme around him a little bit because nobody else really inspires fear at this point. Eddie Johnson and Bush are playing like talented freshman, flashing potential here and there but also making rookie mistakes, and McGee and Finnie are solid. We have nobody else helping at all right now on this defense.

When you look at the success of Duke Johnson last week, take a peek at the offensive line. That is one of the only, if not the only, talented and experienced unit on our team. Duke wouldn't have had the day he did without a quality line like that to allow him to break free. He'd be tackled at the line of scrimmage and we would be glad to see him gain 4 yards.

I stressed myself out worrying about D'Onofrio last year, and he got better. We will get better this year, and even if we don't D'Onofrio isn't leaving until at least the end of the season. I'm not saying to accept what is going on as a Canes fan, but a little patience is in order. I had high expectations for this team this year (lol), but it is obvious they aren't going to be met. I'm really not even that disappointed because I knew there was a good chance the people saying we were going to suck this year were right.

Also, would this loss be any easier a pill to swallow if at the end of the year K-State finishes in the top 10? What if they are just that good, and we really aren't that much worse than we thought we were? No doubt the defense has had a bad couple weeks, but the sample size is still very small. I'm giving it a few more weeks before I start to stress out over D'Onofrio and the longterm future of the defense.

Advertisement

Nebraska's corches tried mightily to give the game away. Fraulden The Incompetent tried mightily to give the game away. Finally, Canes players bailed out their incompetent corch.

Won't get fooled again.
Firing Day is 72 away.

[video=youtube;htz9CS-Zmms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htz9CS-Zmms[/video]

Advertisement
Back