We have to be the impatient fan base

KLCane

Redshirt Freshman
I honestly don't think anyone of the anti-coaches crowd has really looked at our depth chart. You have dmoney proclaiming true sophomores as busts for goodness sake. Please someone point to a team in the past 30 years that have had success with the collective youth and inexperience on defense that we have now. It is astounding how young we are. People really just gloss over it with the mindless drivel about schemes and coaching.

Advertisement
think we've been patiently waiting for close to 10 yrs. I'm giving AL and crew the benefit of the doubt, but many of our fanbase thinks we're in 2002 coming off a NC

I can't with this no talent argument. Its absurd.

K St gained less yards and scored fewer points against Se Mo St last week.

And, in case you were wondering, the very same Se Mo St managed to out gain our offense 418 yards to 262.

So stop making excuses for a coaching staff that is equipped with division 1 talent and putting out a division 2 product.

I'm beginning to doubt D'Onofrio (as I did last year at the beginning of the season before he got his **** together), but I'm withholding judgment until the end of the season. It's not like he is going to get fired before then. We have an incredibly young defense, and due to injuries and the suck-***-ness of our upperclassmen, we are only getting younger. Sophomores often perform very well if they are stars, yes, but they only perform well if they are surrounded by some good upperclassmen. And, once again, we also have no defensive line.

Time will tell whether this is D'Onofrio's fault or due to a lack of experienced talent, but the fact that even the D'Onofrio haters have some doubt (even if they place most of the blame on D'Onofrio) tells me that I shouldn't go all out against him yet. I'm confident that Golden will make the right decision at the end of the season, or see the ruination of his coaching career. There is no coming back from failure at Miami. See: Randy Shannon, Larry Coker.

Youth and inexperience is not an excuse, it is a reality.

It's not an "either/or" in my opinion.

I'd rather the defense be far more aggressive, knowing the youth will lead to mistakes. I'd rather the D be constantly blitzing and occasionally getting burnt but sometimes making big stops or creating turnovers than this slow burn that has been going on for about 6 of the 8 quarters, essentially.

The "bend don't break", "I don't care about yards" or whatever you want to call the defensive philosophy. It obviously does not work and is ineffective over 2 games. There is no way the coaches don't see it.

If Miami plays the same kind of Defense (not performance wise, but philosophically) then either the staff is incapable of implementing something other than what we're seeing now, or they are just too hard headed to make a change.

Advertisement
Impatient? We've been in the ACC since 2004 and haven't even won our ****** division in the ****** ACC once. How much patience are we supposed to have?

And, in case you were wondering, the very same Se Mo St managed to out gain our offense 418 yards to 262.

So stop making excuses for a coaching staff that is equipped with division 1 talent and putting out a division 2 product.

Did you watch that game? KState's schemes were the plain vanilla. They saved everything for us.

Impatient? We've been in the ACC since 2004 and haven't even won our ****ty division in the ****ty ACC once. How much patience are we supposed to have?

And in that time this program has been saddled with two of the most incompetent coaches Miami has ever seen..... and you think that kind of mess gets cleaned up in a year?? Have you been under a rock?

This fan base is chock full of petulant children.

Last edited:
Impatient? We've been in the ACC since 2004 and haven't even won our ****ty division in the ****ty ACC once. How much patience are we supposed to have?

And in that time this program has been saddled with two of the most incompetent coaches Miami has ever seen..... and you think that kind of mess gets cleaned up in a year?? Have you been under a rock?

So I should just chalk up the last 8 years to "incompetent coaches," but it's no cause for impatience? When Shannon took over for Coker and sucked in 2007, it was the exact same story....left the cupboards bare...can't get cleaned up in a year....blah blah blah. Now I'm not saying AG is Shannon, but the product that I've seen on the field is just as bad as when Shannon took over for Coker.

So my question is, when is it time to get impatient with our once great, now long time mediocre football program?

Advertisement

So I should just chalk up the last 8 years to "incompetent coaches," but it's no cause for impatience? When Shannon took over for Coker and sucked in 2007, it was the exact same story....left the cupboards bare...can't get cleaned up in a year....blah blah blah. Now I'm not saying AG is Shannon, but the product that I've seen on the field is just as bad as when Shannon took over for Coker.

So my question is, when is it time to get impatient with our once great, now long time mediocre football program?

You missed the point of the OP entirely. It doesn't matter how long you have waited for things to turn around. The reality right now is that this is a ridiculously young team. I don't know if Golden can fix this program. But, inpatient fans can't fix anything. I'm as frustrated and impatient as anyone, but you can't look at this roster and expect much at this point.

SniperCane and KLcane's comments were right on target. Our fans are like children. Kick your feet and pitch a fit if you don't get what you want, when you want it.

The time to get impatient with the program was in 2010. Maybe Al Golden deserves some patience, but the program deserves zero patience. We couldn't even successfully cheat. Instead, we were enabling access to Miso Soup at Benihana, boat rides and vodka tonics at clubs.

There's no reason a program with our history should be right in the middle of the most fertile recruiting ground in the entire eastern United States, and be in our position.

The time to get impatient with the program was in 2010. Maybe Al Golden deserves some patience, but the program deserves zero patience. We couldn't even successfully cheat. Instead, we were enabling access to Miso Soup at Benihana, boat rides and vodka tonics at clubs.

There's no reason a program with our history should be right in the middle of the most fertile recruiting ground in the entire eastern United States, and be in our position.

And this might be the worst part of all. We sucked while we were cheating, we sucked after we got caught cheating and BEFORE sanctions come down. How much are we going to suck after sanctions come down? This program is in horrible shape. Horrible.

think we've been patiently waiting for close to 10 yrs. I'm giving AL and crew the benefit of the doubt, but many of our fanbase thinks we're in 2002 coming off a NC

This right here is the problem. We've heard this be patient routine before. I want results.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, Paul Dee was the worst AD possibly in D1 history.

The hiring and extensions that he gave in both football and basketball were disastrous.

The only credit I give the "blame Donna" crowd is that she could have fired him, or eased him out the door much sooner.

We now have an apparently competent AD who actually has a background in sports administration at the D1 level.

The next decade should be better.

I honestly don't think anyone of the anti-coaches crowd has really looked at our depth chart. You have dmoney proclaiming true sophomores as busts for goodness sake. Please someone point to a team in the past 30 years that have had success with the collective youth and inexperience on defense that we have now. It is astounding how young we are. People really just gloss over it with the mindless drivel about schemes and coaching.

Quit while you are still behind. You act as if every other team in CFB lines up Jr's and Sr's only. The rosters of all teams have many underclassmen playing large roles. Many of them playing at a very high level. But it's only the UM kids who need time to mature?
Come on man.

I have no problem saying that 114 makes me antsy. No patience nor tolerance for our D being this bad. It needs to be cleaned up right now. Lower middle of the pack? Fine. **** near last with one frickin forced punt in two games? No way. Btw the defense has been trash since last year. How much more patient should we be?

Advertisement

And this might be the worst part of all. We sucked while we were cheating, we sucked after we got caught cheating and BEFORE sanctions come down. How much are we going to suck after sanctions come down? This program is in horrible shape. Horrible.

Exactly. The program is ****ed up. And it doesn't take a snap of the fingers to make it all go away.

Having patience doesn't mean accepting mediocrity. Or worse. I'm not happy with where this entire athletic dept is right now. No one should. But Jesus H have a little bit of perspective.

Did you watch that game? KState's schemes were the plain vanilla. They saved everything for us.

Did you watch the game? K State beat us with read option and bubble screens. What is you think they were doing against Se Mo St?

We live in a world where we can't out gain Se Mo St? Is this not insane to anyone else but me?

THIS to the 9th degree. Every word. Shannon left us a FULL REBUILD.

Did you watch the game? K State beat us with read option and bubble screens. What is you think they were doing against Se Mo St?

We live in a world where we can't out gain Se Mo St? Is this not insane to anyone else but me?

Of course it is! But go ahead genius, what do you do to magically fix things? Huh? With this roster full of youth and JAGS and very little else, what do you suggest Al do that would be any better than what he's running with now?!

Carp about how far we fallen and moan about how embarrassing **** is, and pine away about how it USED to be. But it doesn't ******* change that we are in this mess NOW. And can not, WILL not be repaired over night.

Advertisement
Back