We have the worst coordinators in college football

drewm3i

Junior
I don't know how many times we have to get burned to realize that Trent Harris and McCord ARE NOT lbs who should be covering in space. Same with AQM! These guys need to be in the box. Every time they are, we do much better. One play towards the end of the game, UVA had a rb split out at wr and we had AQM on him with Elder directly behind him. Luckily someone called time out before we could run that defense lol. I honestly don't know what imbecile conceived this horrid defense. It wouldn't work no matter who we had player wise.

As for the offense, holy crap. We run the same plays over and over. We have Njoku, Waters, Coley, Scott, etc.hurt we insist on running out of the shotgun with a QB who isn't a threat to run and a line that can't block. Get those playmakers in space and stop running the same **** screens! How Golden found dumb and dumber is a mystery to me. You honestly couldn't hire worse coordinators.

A few other observations,
-the crowd was very lively and not bad at all.
-the kids were definitely in to it, but they celebrate every win like they won the super bowl. I understand they've been through a lot, but they are content with playing down to the competition as long as they win. The new coach will have to exorcise this loser mentality out of them.
- we have a lot of talent and speed all over the place. Our schemes are absolutely putrid, yet the players still find ways to make plays. Kamalu, AQM, Chad, Young, Grace, Njoku, Redwine, Johnson, etc. are all very good and have a lot of potential. The future is looking up!
-happy to just get the win and be bowl eligible!

Advertisement
Coley is a c-/d+ coordinator
Dorito is a F coordinator

Both need to go

I don't know how many times we have to get burned to realize that Trent Harris and McCord ARE NOT lbs who should be covering in space. Same with AQM! These guys need to be in the box. Every time they are, we do much better. One play towards the end of the game, UVA had a rb split out at wr and we had AQM on him with Elder directly behind him. Luckily someone called time out before we could run that defense lol. I honestly don't know what imbecile conceived this horrid defense. It wouldn't work no matter who we had player wise.

As for the offense, holy crap. We run the same plays over and over. We have Njoku, Waters, Coley, Scott, etc.hurt we insist on running out of the shotgun with a QB who isn't a threat to run and a line that can't block. Get those playmakers in space and stop running the same **** screens! How Golden found dumb and dumber is a mystery to me. You honestly couldn't hire worse coordinators.

-the kids were definitely in to it, but they celebrate every win like they won the super bowl. I understand they've been through a lot, but they are content with playing down to the competition as long as they win. The new coach will have to exorcise this loser mentality out of them.
- we have a lot of talent and speed all over the place. Our schemes are absolutely putrid, yet the players still find ways to make plays. Kamalu, AQM, Chad, Young, Grace, Njoku, Redwine, Johnson, etc. are all very good and have a lot of potential. The future is looking up!

Worst coaches I've ever seen....at Miami or anywhere else. These clowns are really holding these kids back. Will be glad to see the whole bunch gone.

Advertisement
I honestly don't know of any worse coordinators anywhere! Do you guys? Maybe the circus? LOL Coley's playbook consists of 50% bubble screens, 10% out routes, 5% streaks, and 35% zone read runs out of a non-running formation. Makes no sense. As for Dorito, why would anyone take defensive ends and make them cover??? Rush the **** passer! If you want to play prevent at the end, play cover two with tight man underneath and your four best rushers! It just makes no sense.

It's not just the coordinators that are weak it's the whole coaching staff.We had to keep Denofrio who is basically Golden's twin because we don't have anyone else who can run a defense.

Advertisement
I'm surprised No D didn't skate when Golden did. No reason he should be here still. Coley can go too. There's a reason Jimbo called the plays.

I wish they would have let Kareem just take over the defense and switch to a basic 4-3 with press man on the edge.

The loser mentality thing is spot on... I cant stand it. Golden really brainwashed these kids. Cant wait until we get some new coaches in here to change the culture!

Advertisement
Their all soft time to clean house . I'm not worried about none them if we get Butch . I might get rid of them all and hire moss and rumph

You're 2 years late to the party, but make yourself at home.

If either of those *** ***** are retained I'm done with this program.

Advertisement

Worst coaches I've ever seen....at Miami or anywhere else. These clowns are really holding these kids back. Will be glad to see the whole bunch gone.

You must live in the moment.. You guys don't remember Patrick Nix huh

Advertisement
Back