We have some **** good players

Advertisement
This team is not perfect. LB and WR are weak spots. But it’s been a long time since we’ve had this many good players making plays in Cane uniforms.

King is a star. Jordan and Mallory are the best TE duo in the country. The RBs are game breakers. Phillips is first round. Nesta is coming on. Bolden is a stud safety. The kicking game is as good as I’ve seen.

We’ve got real talent and we’re finally playing fast on both sides of the ball.
Please man, let's stop putting will mallory's name in the same sentence as jordan, brevin been balling since day 1, this will mallory guy has a long way to go to erase his own soft *** play, should've redshirted, but he was another delusional one from the crybaby class, led by their leader from another class in jeff thomas and harley.

All this mallory talk, that **** hasn't done **** for there teams to be worried about except letting pass go thru his fingers that the other team has a chance to intercept. And I still don't know why they keep lining mallory up to block, he's got talent, but at what level, so far he shows up against the lower level competition.

So calm down with the "best duo" talk. Now we do have some players playing at a high level, but the whole operation is in the oven!

Who was #17 at LB ? He’s kinda fast I watched the highlights of the game I saw him towards the end of the game

They'd look even better if their coaches stopped putting them in poor positions.
Bolden was getting worked by Tutu, but he has no business covering him one-on-one.

And our alignments on defense are just awful. So often we are beat before the snap. On Tutu's long catch we had Bolden playing man coverage on him with outside leverage/alignment but no help in the middle of the field.

Our LB's are being left out to dry in the run game too. Too often they have to defeat O-lineman's blocks because our DL is not being gap sound up-front.

You can get 8+ yards on the stretch /out side zone on us EVERY down. Just have ate or motion a wing. Its money...and thats just based on alignment.

Advertisement
I think you will. He is making his presence known on special teams. Baker made a comment after the game.

And that's exactly where I hoped he would. Guys like Brooks and Huff are your ideal player types that you want on STs coverage units - long, athletic, fast, 205-215 pounds, etc.

You can get 8+ yards on the stretch /out side zone on us EVERY down. Just have ate or motion a wing. Its money...and thats just based on alignment.

I'm no football guru - can you explain how our alignment is poorly suited to stretch plays?

Say it again, and it's based off the fact that 1st coach diaz defensive alignments weren't fundamentally sound but he understood the strengths and weaknesses better and cover them up by taking different Gamble's whereas this baker guy ismaking defensive calls as if we are running a fundamentally sound defense and this scheme is not based on that, it's based on gambling alot more, but when you gamble wrong, it looks like trash, this was the main reason mack brown fired coach diaz's *** after 1 year in Texas, and it's the same reason we kept getting drubbed up on D against Wisconsin and Boston college, you can't gamble your way into victories over those 2 teams on defense, the fundamentals have to be their or you'll get exposed, and coach diaz got exposed every time against those type teams, no need in mentioning the clemson game where all of a sudden coach diaz started calling that sissy *** defensive game and started zoning up out the gate as if kelly bryant was some **** of a passer, instead of manning up on renfrow, this man was allowed to run scott free.

Point being if diaz got exposed in those type of games and he's a better d-co than his boy blake baker, if he really wants this team to be the team it should be, that 4-2-5 bullshat needs to be looked at, or who's running it, one of the has got to give. Im not impressed with that striker bullshat, we got to many talented linebackers that would make us better against the run, we are at more of a disadvantage often times with the striker position than not, plus as much as they been blitzing from the striker position, its time to go back to the 3 linebackers alignment.

Advertisement

Great post, I'm glad you put this up, this goes back to what I kept telling the clowns who kept criticizing garvin last year, in season just because he didn't have a high number of sacks, the way garvin played the run last year, the qb pressures, and often times he was just 1 or 2 steps away from getting the sacks but jock rousseau was just a tad bit quicker. And the same thing basically happened to joe jackson. To many stat and star gazers being lazing and not even trying to learn the game, just blabbing off at the mouth.

Like the other, a **** posted how disappointed he was in chaney, you know when a **** says, "well it didn't come right, what I was trying to" we all know WTF that means.

68% of our starters are from South Florida. Many of them, including Cam Harris, Nesta Silvera, Al Blades and Jose Borregales, played large roles in our win.
I'm a die hard Cane. People have been asking for almost 20yrs when is the Cane's back. I'll just take a conference chip. I laugh when people mention Florida vs Florida that players but here in Texas all we ever see is Heisman Trophy winners in first round picks. These aren't the days of old.

I'm a die hard Cane. People have been asking for almost 20yrs when is the Cane's back. I'll just take a conference chip. I laugh when people mention Florida vs Florida that players but here in Texas all we ever see is Heisman Trophy winners in first round picks. These aren't the days of old.
0E037EBE-094A-4FEB-90B4-B065CD07E2D6.jpeg

Actually it’s exactly like the old days.

Inebriated but alot of true statements. Fl had wonderful year round football that even amazed me out of football to most is religion Texas. As a traveler other have mimicked FL yr round schedule. Florida has great players but lately idk

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s not current. Houston has taken the lead, but Florida still wins until Dallas produces more

Hadn’t seen that. But even if true, you have to consider Houston is the fourth most populated city in the US, with nearly five times the number of people Miami does.

Bolden is the best player on D and our best safety in a loooooong time. Like Kenny Phillips long.

Jaelan is 100% the real deal, was in the back field all night.

Receivers are bad to borderline awful. Harley, Pope and Wiggins all had bad drops. Pope especially refuses to fight for the ball. Younger guys need more reps there.
Wiggins didn't have a drop... and let's not forget all the good catches they had. It's not like every ball that leaves the QB's hand is great either. So yeah they had a couple drops but they had some good catches too. King had a few bad throws, doesn't mean he had a bad game.

What's funny to me is the fans that don't realize Manny's defense was all smoke and mirrors and he passed it to Baker and now they want Manny back. LMAO

Last edited:
Hadn’t seen that. But even if true, you have to consider Houston is the fourth most populated city in the US, with nearly five times the number of people Miami does.

Miami proper is a small city. Miami has 13.5K per square mile. Houston has 3600/sq mile. Not saying better or worse, just not comparing apples to apples.

All the proof you need is the extent of ultra-rich people who choose to spend significant time in Miami. People that can go anywhere and be the man almost alllll go to Miami.

Advertisement
Back