We have serious tools covering UM.

1983canes

Freshman
At least on a positive note, it seems that Coach Richt gets more interest and excitement from the media overall.

But the local coverage like Susan/ Tim , is just retarded. And all the softball questions and lead ins.

My question is.... Is this the norm? Do other big-time College Programs have it better?

Advertisement
I can't stand New York, but they're the most brutal news media out there. Outside of them, most sports reporters keep it pretty light and clean. Getting too tough with questions is a good way to find yourself with little access or being ignored when questions are allowed. Without that access, you're soon out of a job.

This is something that has happened mostly in the last quarter century as the media has gone as soft as a babies butt. Whether it's a generational thing or part of the political correctness movement, I don't know. I'd be curious to know what they're teaching journalism majors these days.

Advertisement
Brad Kayaa :

Brad how do you feel out on the practice field today?

I feel good, I got out there and threw some footballs around? Wtf?

Let's try..

Under the new coaching staff, what are you doing personally to make your skills get this team to the next level?

You came out here from California two years ago, what are your thoughts about living in Miami now?

I can't stand New York, but they're the most brutal news media out there. Outside of them, most sports reporters keep it pretty light and clean. Getting too tough with questions is a good way to find yourself with little access or being ignored when questions are allowed. Without that access, you're soon out of a job.

This is something that has happened mostly in the last quarter century as the media has gone as soft as a babies butt. Whether it's a generational thing or part of the political correctness movement, I don't know. I'd be curious to know what they're teaching journalism majors these days.

SMD once spent every open interview session with Golden, over the course of a couple weeks during fall camp, asking the same question. "What's going on with the punters and have you settled on a guy yet?"

There's a difference between asking soft questions and just plain asking stupid questions.

It is laughable at the people who have been covering the Miami Hurricanes over the past 10 years.

Brad Kayaa :

Brad how do you feel out on the practice field today?

I feel good, I got out there and threw some footballs around? Wtf?

Let's try..

Under the new coaching staff, what are you doing personally to make your skills get this team to the next level?

You came out here from California two years ago, what are your thoughts about living in Miami now?

Sometimes it's very hard to believe that Susan is a veteran reporter based on her interviews, it's like you ask yourself did she really think Bout what she said before the words come out of her mouth. Now she does write better stories than when she interviews, I do get what you are saying cause it does appear that other local reporters for major programs are more partial to their coverage of their Universities.

Advertisement
What do you want them to ask?

At least on a positive note, it seems that Coach Richt gets more interest and excitement from the media overall.

But the local coverage like Susan/ Tim , is just retarded. And all the softball questions and lead ins.

My question is.... Is this the norm? Do other big-time College Programs have it better?

What do you want them to ask?

Seriously. It's the spring snd It's feel good time. Matt porter seems pretty good. I really don't see a problem with the questions. Susan isn't the best but it's not a big deal.

Michigan and Michigan State reporters are all brutal homers too. For Miami coverage I think Matt Porter at the Palm Beach Post is the best. The Herald is pretty awful.

Advertisement
These reporters have to consistently kiss *** to get in good with these new coaches and staff. I kinda understand but in this day and age, theses reporters gotta work harder to walk that line. The sports audience wants more honesty these days...the days of the fluff pieces are over...what we r seeing is job preservation vs. Providing legit content.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Seriously, outside of investigative journalism, business news or international stories, why is a journalism degree necessary? Both the reporters from the Herald are just collecting a pay check. We get more news from the dedicated posters here than any of those journalistic pretenders at the Herald. Until the Herald is flooded with complaints, they aren't going to change their coverage.

Matt Porter is only marginally better lol. We really do have some of the dumbest, most inane sports journalists available.

Hey, Pete and Geo, maybe get your grammar together, and you might stumble your way into a real job!!

Advertisement
I just think the problem is Susan is not a football "guy" or even a hard core sports "guy." She should be permanently covering the olympics or something.

Advertisement
Back