We have just as much talent as Clemson

jnf2257

Junior
When is the last time you could say that? Yes, they are trending down, but we are also trending in the right direction. If Mario had taken a knee we'd be 6-1. I'm not thrilled with the season, but I can acknowledge positive progress. May it continue. 9-3. That should be the minimum expectation.

Advertisement
Are they improving? You say a coach is done when the team stops improving, or starts regressing. This team is better this year. Period. Say no more. It’s a better football team. It’s not good enough…yet. But we are absolutely better today than we were in October 2022. Keep going.

I'm not sure we do. I think for the first time in forever we may be doing more with less. Corey Flagg wouldn't get recruited by Clemson. A lot of our secondary guys wouldn't. Clemson very rarely starts true freshmen on the lines. We started 2. Restrepo and Colby are probably guys they wouldn't have taken.

I'm not sure we do. I think for the first time in forever we may be doing more with less. Corey Flagg wouldn't get recruited by Clemson. A lot of our secondary guys wouldn't. Clemson very rarely starts true freshmen on the lines. We started 2. Restrepo and Colby are probably guys they wouldn't have taken.
Still got some recruiting to do but we are on the way!

Advertisement
It hasn't been pretty but we are improving. An I am thankful for it. Mario isn't the best coach in the world an he will make mistakes but I can see the foundation he is trying to build.

We are more talented than last year and Clemson is less talented than normal. So yes this year we probably do have as much talent because Clemson does not have an explosive player on offense.

Advertisement
I think if anything it shows that it is about WHERE you have talent and how it is used. Clemson overall has more talent than us, but they are lacking in certain key positions (QB and WR in particular) and their coaches are not doing them favors.

Look at the results that he pointed out fella. Boom

Look at the results that he pointed out fella. Boom
Okay then by that logic GT has as much talent as us and Clemson. It's a compliment to do more with less. It's something we haven't done in a while..

Advertisement
Okay then by that logic GT has as much talent as us and Clemson. It's a compliment to do more with less. It's something we haven't done in a while..
250 yards to 450 yards. Please don't confuse the score with what happened on the field. Turnovers fella. 9 in 2 games, 2 losses. Simple.

Read the post again, held Clemson to 30 yards rushing. Manhandled them. Ok??

Clemson's defense is and has been very very good. They seem to have finally ran dry on explosive wr's and the offensive line has regressed. Eitienne made that line look a lot better than it was. But most important they had two generational qb's basically back to back. That is why they went on the run they did.

Still they are a solid team. They got blasted by Duke, should have won vs FSU, and now in double OT to Miami. I really wouldn't be shocked if they won out.

It wasn't pretty but this is the best win of the season so far.

Advertisement
We are more talented than last year and Clemson is less talented than normal. So yes this year we probably do have as much talent because Clemson does not have an explosive player on offense.
Neither do we. J Smith comes here. With ny carr 👀👀 It could get very scary

It hasn't been pretty but we are improving. An I am thankful for it. Mario isn't the best coach in the world an he will make mistakes but I can see the foundation he is trying to build.
mario just building winning culture at light speed by occasionally corching making the team win each game like 10 times. low key brilliant

We have the best OL in the country.. they give our offense/QB a chance almost every down.

Clemson DL is legit.. with future 1st rounders all over.. our OL played the best you can against that type of talent
That is the best DL we will play on our schedule. Probably this year. NFL players on all three levels of defense and our OL DOMINATED those boys

Advertisement
Back