We have gotten worse as the season has gone on.

Advertisement
Have we? I don't think so. I think we're the same mediocre team, but we're playing better teams now.

Have we? I don't think so. I think we're the same mediocre team, but we're playing better teams now.
This. We are the same exact team we were last year. But the terrible teams we played were all front loaded. Once we started playing teams with a pulse (lulz that we have to consider Wake and UNC in this category) we got exposed for being a very bad team that has not improved one bit since last year.

Advertisement
We are a mediocre team but still think we are worse. Tackling has got worse, pass defense is worse. Our offensive has no identity.

Well from my vantage point, if you're not getting better you're poorly coached. Staying mediocre is not a good thing.

Last edited:

This

No way. VT got beat by Duke and BC and nearly lost to Marshall. They're on par with a GT or a UF. Actually UF when we played them (at full strength) is easily better than this VT team. FSU was a major step up in competition but this VT team was not.

The poster who pointed out that our pass d and tackling have gotten worse has it right. Early in the year we were hitting guys, wrapping up, and dropping them on the spot. Tackling has steadily declined as the season has worn on and the pass defense has steadily gotten worse.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it was Bobby Knight that said "You either get better or worse you never stay the same" and I know we haven't got better sooo? Yes I think we've gotten worse. If you are the same player or team today that you were yesterday you are worse because your competition got better.

Last edited:
Love your site Terd, really look forward to your monthly talks with Jim Willie. You're right, we are regressing as the season goes on, I can't ever remember saying this about previous Miami coaches like Schnelly, JJ, Dennis, or even Butch, who was handed a sh*t sandwich, and managed to make Chicken salad out of Chickensh*t in 1998 and 99.
Like Ron Zook, is Al a great recruiter but a shi**y coach?

Advertisement
Golden is to blame and if you want to lie to yourself that he may not be the guy go ahead but I'm done with him

Golden is to blame and if you want to lie to yourself that he may not be the guy go ahead but I'm done with him

I'm not ready to throw in the towel, but he no longer has the NCAA cloud to hide under. I expected once the sanctions were announced they'd be relieved and play like it...instead they barely beat Wake and get humiliated by FSU and VT.
Can this team win a game that actually matters?
Can they play one complete game all year??
I'm very disheartened and getting tired of the same company line.

Advertisement
Back