We have 13 potential draft picks for 2019. Unbelievable.

Advertisement
Gotta love our fans writing off Tito's pro prospects before he's played a game for us or ****, a practice. Who knows what Jess can get out of him..

Illusions of granduer start right here on this forum.

Let them play a little bit next season before we talk draft about these players.

Our players have tested like **** in recent vintage...so lets not put the cart before the horse.

Advertisement
If Homer replicates what he did last year over the course of the full season in 2018, there will be absolutely no reason for him to return. There'll be nothing left to prove, nothing left to gain (from a pro-career standpoint), and he will be standing in the way of other talented backs that need playing time. Much like it would be nice to have Walton back this year, what would he have had to gain by coming back to fight for carries with Homer?

When it comes to OLine, DLine, corner, lots of other positions, there is more often than not merit to sticking around for another year to hone your skills, increase strength, prove your mettle, etc. Running back, barring injury, is generally just not one of those positions any more.

Homer should and will go after this season, barring something unforeseen. And that's ok. Bring in two stud RB's every recruiting class and expect to lose at least one of them to the draft after three years. It's what's best for the program and the player. This is a RB only stance and does not apply to any other position.

SIAP, but just saw this - Homer named top 100 prospect for 2019 draft. This is almost certainly his last season in a Canes uniform. Get used to it and carpe the diem.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-a-super-early-look-at-the-top-100-prospects/

If Homer replicates what he did last year over the course of the full season in 2018, there will be absolutely no reason for him to return. There'll be nothing left to prove, nothing left to gain (from a pro-career standpoint), and he will be standing in the way of other talented backs that need playing time. Much like it would be nice to have Walton back this year, what would he have had to gain by coming back to fight for carries with Homer?

When it comes to OLine, DLine, corner, lots of other positions, there is more often than not merit to sticking around for another year to hone your skills, increase strength, prove your mettle, etc. Running back, barring injury, is generally just not one of those positions any more.

Homer should and will go after this season, barring something unforeseen. And that's ok. Bring in two stud RB's every recruiting class and expect to lose at least one of them to the draft after three years. It's what's best for the program and the player. This is a RB only stance and does not apply to any other position.
Valid point, my man. I just happen to be of a different opinion on this matter. As I have mentioned before, Homer is one of my favorite players on our squad. However, I think it's a bit much to expect him to be NFL ready after this season. Coach Brown indicated that Homer is the only 3 down back on the team, at this current time. I agree!! With that being said, just because he in college ready does not mean he is NFL ready.

There is so much that goes into the running back position besides running with the rock. The defensive schemes that he is going to face in the NFL is a lot more complicated than anything that he is seeing on the college level. Picking up blitzes, identifying holes, and taking the constant pounding is a different beast in the league.

I think that he can survive in the league, if he was to leave early, but I think he could be very successful if he was to gain the additional experience of being "The Guy" at the college level, should he return.

Valid point, my man. I just happen to be of a different opinion on this matter. As I have mentioned before, Homer is one of my favorite players on our squad. However, I think it's a bit much to expect him to be NFL ready after this season. Coach Brown indicated that Homer is the only 3 down back on the team, at this current time. I agree!! With that being said, just because he in college ready does not mean he is NFL ready.

There is so much that goes into the running back position besides running with the rock. The defensive schemes that he is going to face in the NFL is a lot more complicated than anything that he is seeing on the college level. Picking up blitzes, identifying holes, and taking the constant pounding is a different beast in the league.

I think that he can survive in the league, if he was to leave early, but I think he could be very successful if he was to gain the additional experience of being "The Guy" at the college level, should he return.

He’ll be “the guy” this year. He’ll be as ready as he can get. I hear what you’re saying, don’t even totally disagree. His best earning potential is to ball out this year and go pro cause Dallas and Lingard/Burns/Cam Davis will be ready to fill his shoes in ‘19.

I already have commitments this weekend, so can’t go, but you gonna check out the Florida States Track Champs in town this weekend?

He’ll be “the guy” this year. He’ll be as ready as he can get. I hear what you’re saying, don’t even totally disagree. His best earning potential is to ball out this year and go pro cause Dallas and Lingard/Burns/Cam Davis will be ready to fill his shoes in ‘19.

I already have commitments this weekend, so can’t go, but you gonna check out the Florida States Track Champs in town this weekend?
He will definitely be the guy this year. I'm pulling for him to put himself in position to be one of the first 64 players drafted in 2019, that's for sure. If he is not projected in the first 2 rounds, I think he should return.

As for the track finals, I will be at UNF, decked out in orange and green. I have family coming in town for the event. I mentioned in one of the latest Mallory threads, that I can't wait to see my family (FSU fans) facial expressions when they see Mallory dust these fools.

Advertisement
I don't know exactly how much Homer would benefit were he to return for a senior season. He will never get as much burn at The U as he did last year. Not that he isn't good, but last year's depth issues will likely never appear again in his Miami career.

I don't know exactly how much Homer would benefit were he to return for a senior season. He will never get as much burn at The U as he did last year. Not that he isn't good, but last year's depth issues will likely never appear again in his Miami career.
Depth issues or not, homer showed he can play at a high level and i don’t see anyone getting more carries than him this season and brown has alluded to him being far and away the #1 guy in terms of consistency

Advertisement
Gotta love our fans writing off Tito's pro prospects before he's played a game for us or ****, a practice. Who knows what Jess can get out of him..

Yep. I wonder if these dumbasses realize that Tito had more tackles than Norton last year. He's gonna be the #2 behind Ford at NT and has a decent shot to make the draft next year.

i think you're a fool to cross off any of the names i listed in terms of the draft. Dean is the weakest but the kid is a legit 6'2 with 4.4 speed - if he shows ANYTHING on the field this year and tests as well as we expect, he's gonna go somewhere. Gauthier and St Louis are classic late round OL. Dem Jackson gonna blow up this year like Chad Thomas and finish as a mid rounder. Pinckney and Shaq will also explode into certain draft picks.

its an absolute tragedy that we have such a loaded squad that is going to have its potential handcuffed by such incompetent QB play. I really do not understand why Richt has not pursued a grad transfer for this season. The truth of the matter is having Rosier as the QB this season hurts everyone else on the team EVERYONE! He is going to hold back every single position group on offense and defense in one way or another.
Nonsense

Advertisement
Homer isn't returning unless he gets injured. RBs who are JRs aren't staying their SRs years anymore. Plus he will see that Walton was gone 75% of the season and still got drafted 4th round. And Homer will test better then Walton did too.

Richards I think stays if he feels that there is a QB that will get him right his SR year. If there isn't whats the point? You will end up like Marquise Lee and hurt your stock if you have a bad QB.

Shaq and Pinckney are toss ups. If they leave then we know they had All American type years.

The only SRs not getting drafted IMO will be St Louis (would love to be wrong here. If he does get drafted that means we had a helluva season. Win-Win) , Tito, and Dean. Maybe some snatches Dean in the 7th round like Colbert was but doubt it. Everyone else will be drafted which is **** good.

I agree with most of this. But I don't think Dean even sniffs the draft.

Homer I'm 50/50 on. Kid's talented and will likely leave. But not all RBs leave after their JR years.

If that were the case, there's be a **** ton of undrafted RBs this class right now.

LOL please explain to me how this is nonsense.

Anyone who knows anything would tell you Rosier is the single biggest liability of any starter on the team. Anyone who has any shred of confidence that Rosier is going to come out next season and deliver strikes against good comp @ me right now! Rosier almost singlehandedly lost both the Wisconsin and the Pittsburgh game due to his limitations as a QB! Insert a good but not great college QB into the offense I'm talking someone like Woodside from Toledo a guy who isn't even really an NFL caliber prospect but a good college QB and this is a completely different team! I'm so tired of people trying to justify a QB who literally goes through stretches in games where he can't hit water from a boat! It short circuits the entire offense which in turn hurts the defense tremendously. There has got to be some grad transfer QB avalible that is better than Rosier I'm sorry but that isn't asking for much!

LOL please explain to me how this is nonsense.

Anyone who knows anything would tell you Rosier is the single biggest liability of any starter on the team. Anyone who has any shred of confidence that Rosier is going to come out next season and deliver strikes against good comp @ me right now! Rosier almost singlehandedly lost both the Wisconsin and the Pittsburgh game due to his limitations as a QB! Insert a good but not great college QB into the offense I'm talking someone like Woodside from Toledo a guy who isn't even really an NFL caliber prospect but a good college QB and this is a completely different team! I'm so tired of people trying to justify a QB who literally goes through stretches in games where he can't hit water from a boat! It short circuits the entire offense which in turn hurts the defense tremendously. There has got to be some grad transfer QB avalible that is better than Rosier I'm sorry but that isn't asking for much!
****. Who’d you blow to get to be a moderator? Do you even know what moderate means? Obviously not. Here’s a few hints.
Holding the middle ground and keeping debate focused on topic = OK

Calling out other members and losing your cool to the point that basic punctuation eludes you = Not Okay

Advertisement
Back