We got a good ole fashioned ACC board meltdown

I've said this to GT fans before on another message board. I basically said that they will not win with their offense in this modern day and era. The offense they run is for less talent-talented players and is usually run in the FCS. The only time you'll see it at the FBS level is with the service academies. A good to great defense will be able to shut it down over the course of a game.

Last year there were 125 football players from the state of Georgia that received a scholarship from an FBS school. (Some of those numbers may be a bit stretched since Georgia State is now in the FBS and Georgia Southern is in transition to the FBS). However, even if UGA takes 25 players, FSU 5-10, Clemson takes 5-10 and Bama takes 5 players, there is sill plenty of players from the state that GT can pull in. Because of GT inability to get top-tier talent, UGA has made out like a fat rat.

The main problem with GT outside of PJ and that O is GT's inability to recruit top-tier talent with their academic requirements. GT is worse than Miami because all of their freshman is required to take Calculus. If GT does not change some portions of their freshman requirements like coach K did with Duke, PJ and that O is not going anywhere because they will be content with a 7-5 record and trips to the Micron PC bowl.

Their administration must be content with this cause Johnson ran this offense before he got there and they knew it.

Advertisement
that offense is ugly and i cringe the entire game when they play miami just hoping that dont put one of the players out for the season with an injury the way they just dive at your knees for 60 mins straight, they should be banned from blocking that way

Georgia Tech is not a football school.... the quicker GT fans will understand that they will always be hovering around right below average at best for 95% of their schools existence the better off they will be.

lol the fact that diehard football fans exist at schools that usually suck all the time, is something that i have yet to understand.

Its beyond delusional to think that GT is one coach away from being a legitimate top tier BCS team smh

Advertisement
Back