We gettin’ them all -VT DE Trevon Hill coming per 24/7

A3C13FFF-E199-4746-9ABE-C714310EA83F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
People keep saying Phillips needs to sit a year. I don't get it. He played in only 4 games last year, making him eligible for a redshirt year for 2018. 4 or fewer games in a year and you can redshirt and you're eligible to play anywhere the following year. I see no reason why he'd need to sit out if he transfers, according to the rules that went into effect last year.
He already put the redshirt on. He joined UCLA in 2017 and is entering this coming season as a redshirt sophomore. He would need to sit a year because he doesn't have enough credits for that

Advertisement
He already put the redshirt on. He joined UCLA in 2017 and is entering this coming season as a redshirt sophomore. He would need to sit a year because he doesn't have enough credits for that
This right here.

Not sure why people think you can transfer and play immediately just because you took a redshirt. There are two ways you can play right away.

1. Graduate
2. Get a waiver by the NCAA

Advertisement
NCAA knows we have had some big transfers and you can bet they know of the interest here. Wouldn't surprise me if this kid gets screwed.

There is nothing wrong with mercenaries. The vast majority of people are just that in their professional lives.

If we do well this season, and it looks like everyone's having fun in a wide open, balls to the wall program - The Portal entries will be LOOKING to come to UM and play for maximum NFL exposure.

I don't think we have to settle for lesser players as on occasion we had to do to plug holes - those days are gone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back