We filled holes in this recruiting class

Advertisement
Upvote realistically if we close with that class only loss was McFarland down the stretch and nothing we could've done kid had a change of heart. Pair this class with last year and we got playmakers stop looking at who doesn't come instead of the ballers we're getting. Next year we'll sign an elite class and Miami will be where it needs to be soon watch.

Exactly. Ppl have let that McFarland situation affect them too much. I would have loved to get him but the Herbert commitment evens it out. Love this class either way.

Advertisement
When did Thomas become a consensus top five WR in the nation?

I mean the composite has him #40 overall in the nation #6 nationally at his position. 5 spots away from a 5 star rating. If 247 didn't drop him 12 spots after his all star game performance he would have ended up a 5 star

I mean the composite has him #40 overall in the nation #6 nationally at his position. 5 spots away from a 5 star rating. If 247 didn't drop him 12 spots after his all star game performance he would have ended up a 5 star
How do u put on a performance like that in an all star game and drop 12 spots? Crazy.

Imo Miami will sign a very good class on nsd. Despite all the naysayers this is a great class to have right after the 2016 class. We took care of our qb situation very well. Perry looks like an absolute stud and looks like he has put on 10-15 pounds since the season ended. Wheldon is an underrated get as well. We are good at this spot for years to come with talented arms on the roster with Allison, sheriffs, perry and Weldon. A starter will come out of that group

Rb
Walton
Homer
Gray
Burns

Transfer
Probably tyshone dye from clemson

All in all I'm definitely not worried about this group. We have a talented group. Losing mcfarland hurts but we will definitely be fine
If you forgot what Robert burns can do.... take a look at this... https://youtu.be/rITHJGpvPXo
most complete running back (size and speed) we have signed since Lamar miller. Walton is an absolute stud and the best returning back in the acc. Homer is extremely talented as well. Gray will provide something too. He's a big fast back but has to refine his skill. He can help us for sure this year.

We signed 2 of our top 3 targets on offensive line in Donaldson and Herbert. Also found what appears to be a diamond in the ruff with gaynor. Solid pickup with hillery as well. We will see what dykstra brings. George brown another quality player that is added to the mix with a group that only loses 2starters in isidora and gall. The oline will be better next year based on experience of darling, gautheir, McDermott,st Louis, linder, odogwu and then you add the young talent in as well as brown.

Receiver
With how bleak this receiving recruiting class looked at the end of December. If we finish with Thomas, Harley, njoku and deejay dallas( playing Slot receiver in spring) then you have to give credit where it's due. That's a great finish

Thomas is a consensus top 5 receiver in the country and would be a top 5 db if that's where he wanted to play. He's that good. Back in the summer he was one of bamas top 3 overall receiver targets. Would be a great get
Harley has had an impressive senior campaign and was beating everyone he lined up against at the army game. He brings another level of speed into a receiver corps.
Njoku is a tall receiver who will be used much like his brother at Miami except he's a bit faster. Will be flexed our a lot and create mis matches up the seem. On his official visit there was a pic where he looked to be 3 inches taller than David and not that much smaller. Imo I'm not entirely sold that he won't grow into a tight end. I can definitely see it happening. Deejay Dallas will still probably play both sides of the ball. He's very talented and is electric with the ball in his hands.
You add those 4 to a group that has ahmmon richards, Lawrence cager, dionte Mullins, berrios and Harris. That's a talented group plain and simple:

On defense
Dj Johnson is one of the top defensive ends in the country. 6'4.5 245 pounds or so and is very athletic. Finished with 60 plus tackles 30 tackles for loss and 15 sacks. We got to Continue to stacks chips in our great front 7.
https://twitter.com/king_dj01/status/825770398931226625

Jon garvin is one of the best talents that will be in this class. He's extremely disruptive in the backfield. I mean he had 58 tfl 90 plus tackles and 25 sacks in 9 games... that's astronomical numbers tbh. Legit 6'5 235--240 he's a big kid.

Jon ford
Very underrated kid in this class. Should be very productive and will be primed to start after next year imo.

Linebacker
Brought in a bunch of good linebackers that can hit and run. Steed looks to be in the mold of Sean spence with how he can run and makes plays in the backfield. Deandre wilder will be a jermaine grace type of player and will fit perfectly in this defense. Jennings brings another physical presence and packs a punch when he hits. Pretty good haul and will immediately add depth to that spot

Cb
Bandy is a Miami savage and plays with more heart than most players on the field. Brings speed and toughness at corner. Should see the field often and early

Henderson if he comes is still raw at the postion but is EXTREMELY talented. Has all the skills you want from a corner. Great size and speed combo, can cover and if you watch Columbus plays he's pretty physical and will tackle. Would be a big time addition.

Jhavontae dean

Same type of player as Henderson just a little more polished than him in coverage because he has played longer. Great size,speed and coverage ability. I know people worry about his Production but in some games they just didn't throw his way according to ivins and other reporters.

Edwards

Physical corner and can play right away plain and simple. Would be a big time pickup on the trail.
All in all if we land them to a group that has young and redwine. That's a pretty talented group..

Safety
Derrick smith is a big physical safety who happens to have the ability to cover and is pretty quick for a guy his size. I like his playmaking ability at safety.

Amari carter

Brings a big physical presence. Will be one of the hardest hitters on the team. Need to see more in coverage but he will play early next year as well as Romeo Finley.

All in all if the class adds those additions we will have filled the holes on the roster with a lot of talent and will have strengthened most if not all positions on the roster.
https://youtu.be/rITHJGpvPXo

downvote

Advertisement

How do u put on a performance like that in an all star game and drop 12 spots? Crazy.

Openly become a Miami lean.. For real

Take no other visits besides Miami. Mention Miami in your interview, be linked to Miami.

Imo Miami will sign a very good class on nsd. Despite all the naysayers this is a great class to have right after the 2016 class. We took care of our qb situation very well. Perry looks like an absolute stud and looks like he has put on 10-15 pounds since the season ended. Wheldon is an underrated get as well. We are good at this spot for years to come with talented arms on the roster with Allison, sheriffs, perry and Weldon. A starter will come out of that group

Rb
Walton
Homer
Gray
Burns

Transfer

All in all I'm definitely not worried about this group. We have a talented group. Losing mcfarland hurts but we will definitely be fine
If you forgot what Robert burns can do.... take a look at this... https://youtu.be/rITHJGpvPXo
most complete running back (size and speed) we have signed since Lamar miller. Walton is an absolute stud and the best returning back in the acc. Homer is extremely talented as well. Gray will provide something too. He's a big fast back but has to refine his skill. He can help us for sure this year.

We signed 2 of our top 3 targets on offensive line in Donaldson and Herbert. Also found what appears to be a diamond in the ruff with gaynor. Solid pickup with hillery as well. We will see what dykstra brings. George brown another quality player that is added to the mix with a group that only loses 2starters in isidora and gall. The oline will be better next year based on experience of darling, gautheir, McDermott,st Louis, linder, odogwu and then you add the young talent in as well as brown.

Receiver
With how bleak this receiving recruiting class looked at the end of December. If we finish with Thomas, Harley, njoku and deejay dallas( playing Slot receiver in spring) then you have to give credit where it's due. That's a great finish

Thomas is a consensus top 5 receiver in the country and would be a top 5 db if that's where he wanted to play. He's that good. Back in the summer he was one of bamas top 3 overall receiver targets. Would be a great get
Harley has had an impressive senior campaign and was beating everyone he lined up against at the army game. He brings another level of speed into a receiver corps.
Njoku is a tall receiver who will be used much like his brother at Miami except he's a bit faster. Will be flexed our a lot and create mis matches up the seem. On his official visit there was a pic where he looked to be 3 inches taller than David and not that much smaller. Imo I'm not entirely sold that he won't grow into a tight end. I can definitely see it happening. Deejay Dallas will still probably play both sides of the ball. He's very talented and is electric with the ball in his hands.
You add those 4 to a group that has ahmmon richards, Lawrence cager, dionte Mullins, berrios and Harris. That's a talented group plain and simple:

On defense
Dj Johnson is one of the top defensive ends in the country. 6'4.5 245 pounds or so and is very athletic. Finished with 60 plus tackles 30 tackles for loss and 15 sacks. We got to Continue to stacks chips in our great front 7.

Jon garvin is one of the best talents that will be in this class. He's extremely disruptive in the backfield. I mean he had 58 tfl 90 plus tackles and 25 sacks in 9 games... that's astronomical numbers tbh. Legit 6'5 235--240 he's a big kid.

Jon ford
Very underrated kid in this class. Should be very productive and will be primed to start after next year imo.

Linebacker
Brought in a bunch of good linebackers that can hit and run. Steed looks to be in the mold of Sean spence with how he can run and makes plays in the backfield. Deandre wilder will be a jermaine grace type of player and will fit perfectly in this defense. Jennings brings another physical presence and packs a punch when he hits. Pretty good haul and will immediately add depth to that spot

Cb
Bandy is a Miami savage and plays with more heart than most players on the field. Brings speed and toughness at corner. Should see the field often and early

Henderson if he comes is still raw at the postion but is EXTREMELY talented. Has all the skills you want from a corner. Great size and speed combo, can cover and if you watch Columbus plays he's pretty physical and will tackle. Would be a big time addition.

Jhavontae dean

Same type of player as Henderson just a little more polished than him in coverage because he has played longer. Great size,speed and coverage ability. I know people worry about his Production but in some games they just didn't throw his way according to ivins and other reporters.

Edwards

Physical corner and can play right away plain and simple. Would be a big time pickup on the trail.
All in all if we land them to a group that has young and redwine. That's a pretty talented group..

Safety
Derrick smith is a big physical safety who happens to have the ability to cover and is pretty quick for a guy his size. I like his playmaking ability at safety.

Amari carter

Brings a big physical presence. Will be one of the hardest hitters on the team. Need to see more in coverage but he will play early next year as well as Romeo Finley.

All in all if the class adds those additions we will have filled the holes on the roster with a lot of talent and will have strengthened most if not all positions on the roster.

downvote

This is better than all the crank pics u PM me. Well.. almost better.

Advertisement
I get what you're saying......however at this point.... it's still a assumption....."If" we get this or "if" we get that....this thread would be spot on "if" it was made after signing day....to your point....I do believe there's still time after signing day to address our needs with a couple of JUCO or grad transfers to solidify our depth.

Rb
Walton
Homer
Gray
Burns

Transfer

Receiver

On defense

Jon ford

Linebacker

Cb

Jhavontae dean

Edwards

Safety

Amari carter

downvote
😂
Good right up, but this dude is killing me

Advertisement
McFarland would have cemented us into the top 10. I think we're looking at an 11th-12th ranked finish. If you calculate who we're projected to land(Thomas, CJ, Edwards, Dean, and Harley) using their class calculator, we're at 253.53 which is good for 9th. Could see A&M and Auburn hitting on a few of their targets, pushing us down.

McFarland would have cemented us into the top 10. I think we're looking at an 11th-12th ranked finish. If you calculate who we're projected to land(Thomas, CJ, Edwards, Dean, and Harley) using their class calculator, we're at 253.53 which is good for 9th. Could see A&M and Auburn hitting on a few of their targets, pushing us down.
I hate to dump water all over you recruiting and ratings,but when has where you ranked ever mattered
in winning a game?Second,of the supposedly incoming recruits name one who will beat out a current starter
now?Ok.I'll give you Donaldson and Dean but the rest too weak,too slow,too underweight to start D1 ball.Third,
you cannot get the various ratings services to agree as to what is a 5 or a 4 star recruit.
And a 5 star QB should have a far greater impact than 5 star RG.

i dissagree with b+ class. imo its an A could have been a + but we missing blue chip DTsother than that if we get the rest of our targets its a top ten team remember thomas is a 5* if he signs with us and we already at 13 10 and 15 without these guys so lets wait and see. good thread.

why would you drop one of the best performances and a decade? oh i forgot not alabamy or sec / espn.

Advertisement
Back