We definitely have a shot

CTCANE

Junior
To get a win on Wednesday night vs Notre Dame. Will need to get something out of Amp and DJ this game.

Advertisement
The womans basketball team plays #5 Notre Dame at home thursday night. Men should beat ND at home and woman can get biggest win in many years with it also meaning something.

Agreed. At the Virginia Tech game I scanned the remaining schedule for win opportunities and the only one that really jumped out at me was hosting Notre Dame

Izundu has a sore back and may not play. Because why not?

Not lifting Miller's redshirt continues to prove to be a horrible decision. Coach put miller ahead of every player on the team. He could have been helpful to the team this season. Does anyone believe that the extra year will lead UM to the final 4 in 21/22?

Advertisement
Not lifting Miller's redshirt continues to prove to be a horrible decision. Coach put miller ahead of every player on the team. He could have been helpful to the team this season. Does anyone believe that the extra year will lead UM to the final 4 in 21/22?
You really believe that? I'd bet Miller would be averaging maybe 2 pts and 2 boards a game if he played 20 minutes a night. In other words, zero help.
As for next year, I have no faith he will do better then. What he shoulda done was come to a mutual agreement to take his "skills" to a lower level program/league. Maybe like a Wagner, St. Francis (NY), or Iona since he's a NYC native.

I'm not sure Miller playing wins us even 1 more game this season..

Canes favored by 3 on the overnight line

Quick check of the schedule, we also should be small favorites at home vs. Georgia Tech and Pittsburgh. That might be it. Difficult to believe we could be road favorites in the conference but possible at Wake Forest. If so, it would be a light number.

Advertisement

He isn't going to be useful, with him being out of shape at the beginning of the season. Miami is losing because of a lack of significant depth. Miller isn't going to help this season, burning his shirt this year is pointless, especially with Dewan not coming back. Miami was out of it BEFORE conference play.

After my above post Lykes went 2 for 2 to cut lead to 5, but then 3 turnovers so still awful. Luckily ND is pretty awful also right now 10 minutes in.

What is extremely interesting to me, is I thought Dewan not only announced he's "done with college basketball" but supposedly reporting said he left school. But he's on the bench in a Canes gear. Nice, but, I don't understand it. New asst coach maybe? (sarcasm)

Edit: and as I posted this Canes got hot and tied it.... Lykes mostly.

5 minutes in the half, Canes were up by 1, then Mack came in, 2 quick turnover mishaps (both by him), and ND up by 3. smh.

Advertisement
well, we have a lead at the half first time in a month, 28-23.

Sorrowful game though, National TV ESPN 2. Canes 1 for 9 on 3's and Zach Lawrence DJ combined are 3 for 17 shooting.

Advertisement
That's what we needed, a passive opponent that couldn't shoot after the first few minutes.

Total got bet up from 141 last night to 146 midday today, then dropped to 143.5 in the final minutes before game time. During the decades I lived in Las Vegas, that late counter move normally would cash. I always felt sick when I thought I had a bargain then the late wise guys stormed in the other way.

D.J. may be a limited player but given current realities he does need to play more. Nice game tonight with 10 boards.

First conference game where we easily penetrated and finished at the rim. Think that says more about Notre Dame than us, but I'll take it.

Advertisement
Back