We Could Use Some of This

wherrera8

Senior
Banned
I will say, of the four candidates we seem to have narrowed it down to, I'm ok with Richt or Butch. Both would be great. I give the slight edge to Butch because I feel he is what we need, but would love either one.

Now, I was reading up on Richt, and remembered this incident:

Florida celebration incident

On October 27, 2007, during the Bulldogs' heated rivalry game against the Florida Gators, the entire Georgia football team rushed into the end zone to celebrate after Knowshon Moreno's one-yard touchdown run gave Georgia an early 7–0 lead. The celebration drew two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties that eventually forced the Bulldogs to kick off from their own eight-yard line; during halftime, Richt told CBS sideline reporter Tracy Wolfson that he had told his offense to celebrate the first touchdown until they received a penalty. The entire team planned to rush the field themselves. Georgia went on to win 42–30. The victory gave Georgia their 47th win in the series with Florida, which Georgia leads 48–40–2 even though Richt is 5–8 against the Gators.

Richt later apologized in writing to Southeastern Conference commissioner Mike Slive: "I apologize that I put everyone in that situation and specifically apologize to you, the Southeastern Conference, and the University of Florida. You can be assured I will not ask our team to do this type of thing again." The Southeastern Conference took no disciplinary action against Richt and the NCAA also did not impose sanctions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Richt#Florida_celebration_incident

Our team needs an infusion of this attitude. Smack them early, and set the tone all day long.

Advertisement
Man I'd rather have Richt than Butch. At the end of the day I'm gonna be ecstatic if we get either, but it's definitely gonna be bittersweet because both are amazing.

Advertisement
Back