We beat the refs

Advertisement
And not just A&M. They were giving them every chance possible to stay in the game. I had an actual A&M fan and a neutral Michigan fan both tell me that calling was redic, so it’s far from just orange and green shades. So many obviously missed calls, some terrible calls, and at least one crucial PI that we almost didn’t get.

Mentioned this in the game thread but one of you guys with vid chops should absolutely make a vid compiling every single one of these missed or terrible calls. We can spam it on social media, and start putting consistent pressure on officiating. Video should end by thanking and crediting all the refs by name and face.

It’s 2023, we have high definition replays available instantly from every angle, AI that can process video, etc. There’s no reason officiating should be this subject to obvious bias and human error. Fans need to start demanding more accountability.
I can't wait until AI refs are a thing

And not just A&M. They were giving them every chance possible to stay in the game. I had an actual A&M fan and a neutral Michigan fan both tell me that calling was redic, so it’s far from just orange and green shades. So many obviously missed calls, some terrible calls, and at least one crucial PI that we almost didn’t get.

Mentioned this in the game thread but one of you guys with vid chops should absolutely make a vid compiling every single one of these missed or terrible calls. We can spam it on social media, and start putting consistent pressure on officiating. Video should end by thanking and crediting all the refs by name and face.

It’s 2023, we have high definition replays available instantly from every angle, AI that can process video, etc. There’s no reason officiating should be this subject to obvious bias and human error. Fans need to start demanding more accountability.
There will always be missed calls on both sides. They were SEC refs playing 8&4 so I knew before the 1st kick the calls would be 1 sided. Biggest difference yesterday was that the team didn’t let that control the outcome. It’s a positive. **** those refs, take the W, and enjoy this week brotha.

Advertisement
There was MASSIVE HOLD (aka tackle to the ground) by UM almost at the beginning of the kick return for TD ... so let's not complain too much!
That was the only bad call in our favor I saw, and that was canceled out by a bad false start in their TD. Holding on kickoffs is pretty easy to miss/ common. Even equaling those out, still the fouls tip in their favor

Was at the game so I missed the hold on Smith’s return. Who was it? And did it impact the play?

And regarding stadium experience - not awful but the replay only being on about 1/3rd of the plays is strange. Why? Just run it back every time at least once.

They missed a pretty big call on us, too, so I'll call it even :ROFLMAO:

no man GIF

Advertisement
A little bias on my end probably but feel A&M got the majority of the calls

They had a pick/screen in the end zone on one of their TDs. They had the false start on the TD. The PI was bonkers as our guys were clearly going for the ball. James Williams going at the QB when it was blown dead had zero intent - could’ve easily been forgiven.

Maybe the Sh*tmar horse collar on TVD? Certainly could’ve been called. Some holds missed in the first half on Mesidor.

I’ll have to check the KO return hold. I do agree that Cam’s play should’ve been offensive PI, we got lucky there. He went out of his way to basically tackle the guy while TVD still had the ball in his hands.

The SEC home cooking calls came early in the game. Those calls sort of took the fans out of it a little.

The refs let a lot of stuff go Including some positives for Miami. George pushed off On his late Td and we held on the kickoff return. They missed a lot.
Where was the hold? On who? Just curious. It's funny you post this because during the game when Brashard broke into the open I was expecting a flag. When he crossed the goal line I was still expecting a late flag but nothing. It's so common to see a flag on a kick return that it's just expected now and when we didn't get flagged on the return I said to myself how strange that was to have a clean kick return TD. Now I'm reading your post and I'm thinking that the fact that we did indeed hold and the refs missed it is very ironic but I'll take it all day every day.

Advertisement
Stadium experience is horrible. This has to change if they want to ever fill that place up. It absolutely sucks.
It's not close to horrible but there are a few tweaks they can make to make the experience better.

The lack of replays is at the top of my list.

Go to the Swamp or Doak and you'll come back to HRS with a renewed appreciation.

That was the only bad call in our favor I saw, and that was canceled out by a bad false start in their TD. Holding on kickoffs is pretty easy to miss/ common. Even equaling those out, still the fouls tip in their favor
Oh I agree .... I just happened to see that hold / tackle to the ground after it was posted on Twitter by a ****ed off A&M fan ... if the refs had seen it they would have called it. Glad they missed it as that return was a thing of beauty at the right time!!

Advertisement
PS: Stadium better start showing some god **** replays or going to games is going to become as extinct.
Agreed. They showed maybe a total of 3 replays. They must’ve also had a drunk intern operating down and distance.

It would go from 2nd & 8 to 4th & 6 on a 6 yard play and wouldn’t change until the ball was snapped.

Advertisement
Back