We aren't going to get the best out of LT..

Zanecane

7th Floor Crew
Without a big bodied athletic space eater lined up beside him. I love what the coaches have done to acquire talent but for me it's by far the most glaring hole we still have and it's going to impact LT the most. Having a guy like D.Jackson beside him makes the path towards an All American season -- that I believe he's capable of having -- much more likely.

Just my two cents and wanted to share it.

Advertisement
Without a big bodied athletic space eater lined up beside him. I love what the coaches have done to acquire talent but for me it's by far the most glaring hole we still have and it's going to impact LT the most. Having a guy like D.Jackson beside him makes the path towards an All American season -- that I believe he's capable of having -- much more likely.

I just threw those two pennies down the sewer.

19o5v1.jpg

Advertisement
I‘m picking up what you’re putting down OP but it takes all 11 in the run game and pass game.

Regardless of whose playing the 1 tech next to him LT can take his game up a notch. Demand double teams and open it up for the others.
No doubt. I think he’s going to carry the load up front and if he can cause havoc in the middle those outside guys should eat

Doesn’t matter in Guidry’s system. Don’t need the traditional behemoth in the middle. LT going in the first two rounds is all up to LT - consistency and effort. Guidry is going to put him in advantageous situations and our edge rushers will be attracting A LOT of attention…

Advertisement
Doesn’t matter in Guidry’s system. Don’t need the traditional behemoth in the middle. LT going in the first two rounds is all up to LT - consistency and effort. Guidry is going to put him in advantageous situations and our edge rushers will be attracting A LOT of attention…
This. Guidry doesn't really use a traditional NT. He prefers him DL get upfield. His philosophy, maybe I'm paraphrasing, is something like "Let's stop the run, on the way to the QB"

The problem with your thinking is your going off the last two D coordinators systems. Guidry is a whole different ballgame and we will have to wait and see if it pans out.

Advertisement
Calijah Kancey was arguably most disruptive DT in America last year, and he was very undersized, and he had a 6'1 280 DT that started majority of the games beside him.

Taylor and Deen can be a very disruptive interior combo, maybe the best interior pass rushing DT combo in America if you follow PFF pass rush stats.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back