We are statistically out of the Costal race right?

AllAboutTheU615

Recruit
Kind of confused, I know we would be out any other year, since even if UNC and VT ended with 3 conf losses, we lost to both of them.

But the new 3 team tie breaker the ACC Hired for the Atlantic division 3 team tie between FSU, UoL, and Clemson, does that play affect in Coastal too? If it does do we still have a chance, and even if Pitt ended with 3 losses, it'd be a 4 team tie.

I guess my question is does the new Atlantic 3 team tie breaker play affect in Coastal?

Advertisement
Pretty sure that the first tie breaker is head-to-head between the 3 tied teams:

VT 2-0
NC 1-1
UM 0-2

Advertisement
All we had to do was either beat UNC or Va Tech & we would still have a great shot at the Coastal...

But, losing to both eliminated us completely.

Ya'll do this to yourselves every year. If you can't compete in the costal, then you suck.

Advertisement
Done. We just need to win our remaining games, recruit well and build depth. You can see we getting better from an execution and competitive standpoint. We used to be doomed in the 4th qtr. now we finishing better. I'll give it 2018 before we can seriously consider winning our division.

Done. We just need to win our remaining games, recruit well and build depth. You can see we getting better from an execution and competitive standpoint. We used to be doomed in the 4th qtr. now we finishing better. I'll give it 2018 before we can seriously consider winning our division.

True...I can also see a **** load still left out on the field, which ****es me off, but is encouraging as to what this could be...

Yesterday, the play calling improved a bit as far as I'm concerned too, with Brad missing wide open receivers high and long.

It just is what it is...too many positions thin and too many lacking in high level consistent play. Keep adding S&C, solid recruiting...some continuing education for Mark Richt - "Play calling for the college coach in 2015 and beyond" (or more preferable for me...hire a top notch OC).

I'm sick and tired of being patient, but up until now, it always felt like band aid to a knife wound. Some decent light at the end of the tunnel..

UM

you Beat FSU, UNC and ND which we should of were in playoff conversation right now.

Advertisement
B. Three (or More) Team Tie
(Once tie has been reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format is used)

1. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.
2. Records of the tied teams within the division.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional or conference) record, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last.
4. Overall record for non-divisional teams.
5. Combined record versus all common non-divisional teams.
6. Record versus common non-divisional with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional record) and proceeding through the other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within the division.
7. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the conclusion of regular season games shall be the divisional representative in the ACC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the ACC Championship Game.
8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw.

1. Head to head. We are eliminated. VT in the driver's seat.
Get better. Build depth. And, hopefully soon enough we won't have to know all the tie-breaker rules.

We're playing for a good bowl game right now. VT has ND and UVA left; NC has the citadel and NC state left...its mathematically impossible to still be alive

If there's a 3 way tie then conference protocol is to ask Coach K what would make him most happy.

Advertisement
Basically, all I want for Christmas one day is a lousy Coastal Title in the Almost Competent Conference.

Advertisement
Back