We are not close to elite

Its on just players, it scheme. Yesterday you saw 4 of the best teams in CFB right now and their offense all looked the same. Pre-snap movement in-order to create mismatches and get players in space. Misdirection to take advantage of skills players abilities. These are things we really didnt see this year. My hope is the team was too young and RICHT didnt want to throw too much at them..... REALITY is our OC's arent creative enough! JT4 is a player we NEED to get the ball to. And not only on deep routes. DeeJay has the physical tools to be special for us. And those skills can be displayed in a variety of way, not just lined up behind or at the side of the QB. Watching those games today makes me believe we really need someone outside of the UGA family to have some say on Offense. Its nice that RICHT plans on travelling around so he can keep up with everyone else but thats never been the MIAMI way. We invent! then REINVENT!

The lack of pre snap motion in our offense is so frustrating. Jeff Thomas needs to be a threat on reverses and jet sweeps. Give defenses something to make them question where the ball is going. I'm not saying we need a gadget offense but something other than lining up and running one of eight plays. In the OU-UGA game, I think on Sony's first TD, pre snap motion had the defense moving in one direction and created a huge cut back lane that led to a long TD. It was basically the same shotgun formation we use but with motion.

The other aspect that has been troubling to me is Rosier's tendency to look at one read then tuck and run. I know that is probably what he has been coached to do and the O line has to protect better but receivers are open, the QB has to get them the ball. The only time all year I've seen Rosier pass the ball when scrambling was the Cager TD in the OB.

The offense Richt runs can be much more effective with motion. Especially against better teams we have to find creative plays in the running game can improve our rushing offense. Nothing against Rosier, but Perry and William's are better athletes and should be taught to keep their eyes downfield while scrambling.

Advertisement
Richt has been alluding to this all season long...we have holes in places and this roster isn't close.

2 seasons and so far steps in the right direction but this wasn't a overnight fix

As I said in another thread...watching both of those games is like I'm an poor black inner city kid going to the all white school to see how they do things...instead of it motivating me, it just discourages me.

We aren't even close to that level of football.

Whether its personnel or its schematics or the quality of staff we have, we just aren't there. We can win the Coastal...we might even win the ACC on occasion, but we aren't competing with that level of football and the result would be comical if we tried.

When I see our first two classes under Richt filled with a low-end 4-star DT and a 3-star DT along with three 3-star LBs, I know its still dark and the dawn is far away. Meanwhile, Alabama has three 4*+ DT in this class alone, another three last year.

This is an arms race and we are clearly behind.

I’m glad someone else gets it. But but but but others will say our 3 stars are the best in the county cause they are from Florida, or stars don’t matter! Yes their are cases where that is true but the reality is, more often then not that the high star players end up being better. Look at the NFL drafts top 2 rds. It’s packed for of 4 & 5 stars even though those kids each make a very small percentage of the total amount of kids who play college football.

The problem isn't any of those South Florida 3-stars individually. They are good, some even great players that will go on to play in the NFL no matter where they go. You just can't have 12 of them in a 25 player class and expect to compete with Alabama.

Its on just players, it scheme. Yesterday you saw 4 of the best teams in CFB right now and their offense all looked the same. Pre-snap movement in-order to create mismatches and get players in space. Misdirection to take advantage of skills players abilities. These are things we really didnt see this year. My hope is the team was too young and RICHT didnt want to throw too much at them..... REALITY is our OC's arent creative enough! JT4 is a player we NEED to get the ball to. And not only on deep routes. DeeJay has the physical tools to be special for us. And those skills can be displayed in a variety of way, not just lined up behind or at the side of the QB. Watching those games today makes me believe we really need someone outside of the UGA family to have some say on Offense. Its nice that RICHT plans on travelling around so he can keep up with everyone else but thats never been the MIAMI way. We invent! then REINVENT!

The lack of pre snap motion in our offense is so frustrating. Jeff Thomas needs to be a threat on reverses and jet sweeps. Give defenses something to make them question where the ball is going. I'm not saying we need a gadget offense but something other than lining up and running one of eight plays. In the OU-UGA game, I think on Sony's first TD, pre snap motion had the defense moving in one direction and created a huge cut back lane that led to a long TD. It was basically the same shotgun formation we use but with motion.

The other aspect that has been troubling to me is Rosier's tendency to look at one read then tuck and run. I know that is probably what he has been coached to do and the O line has to protect better but receivers are open, the QB has to get them the ball. The only time all year I've seen Rosier pass the ball when scrambling was the Cager TD in the OB.

The offense Richt runs can be much more effective with motion. Especially against better teams we have to find creative plays in the running game can improve our rushing offense. Nothing against Rosier, but Perry and William's are better athletes and should be taught to keep their eyes downfield while scrambling.

With all of that you think we could line up and beat any of the teams in the playoffs???

We would get outcoached on the field with the high school level coaches and assts we have

Agreed, although we made improvements, we are a few classes away. Size, speed, toughness and awareness needs to improve. Appreciate anyone that wears the U on their helmet, but there are a few that just are not up to the level we need. If they are the best we have, and we do not have replacements, or enough replacements in the class, that should be the sobering thought as to where we currently are in the football hierarchy.

I am not worried about getting the right players ... it is the lack of quality coaches that is appalling... Special teams???? beyond horrible

Look at the size, speed and strength of the Bama team and tell me who could coach this group in a game where we beat them. Heck, where we do not get blown out. We have a few great players, they are stacked with them, and have more on the bench. Satan, Mayas, and Shart and their well paid staffs would not win it all with team, period!

Advertisement
Anyone who truly understands football already knew that Miami is a to 15 team. We are not elite and it’s obvious when you watch/compare to other teams. We are heading in the right direction coming off two terrible coaching hires and probation. Anyone who thought we were elite, were lying to themselves. We have glaring weaknesses in some areas, especially depth. Richt is two more classes away from competing with the big boys, so temper yourselves and just enjoy the ride.

The people who think we are elite are the ones that only watch our team play and so overate every player on our team.

Anyone who truly understands football already knew that Miami is a to 15 team. We are not elite and it’s obvious when you watch/compare to other teams. We are heading in the right direction coming off two terrible coaching hires and probation. Anyone who thought we were elite, were lying to themselves. We have glaring weaknesses in some areas, especially depth. Richt is two more classes away from competing with the big boys, so temper yourselves and just enjoy the ride.

The people who think we are elite are the ones that only watch our team play and so overate every player on our team.

We have more talent than Wisconsin and Pitt. Being "elite" is not the problem it's too many periods of inconsistency

I wonder if some of you read the stuff you post. All these posters I'd never seen post before telling us how bad our players and coaches are. This board is like an AA meeting for trolls and pussified females.

Advertisement
After watching those games yesterday it is obvious we are not close. We need OL and DL talent and depth along with a QB. The QB we may have on our roster and we have recruited several OL players that may still pan out but we are thin at DL and only have one committed this year.

Until we can fix these lines we will get man handled. The skill positions we have players which makes us think hey we may be closer.

just a QB and we are fine and some depth

UCFs oline is small and weak, yet they work at a team to put the Qb in a position to make plays... oh and coaching

We’re not elite but we’re not hopelessly behind.
Saturday night we came pretty close to beating the No. 6 team in the country. If Badgely makes that field goal, it’s a one score game and who knows?
Don’t sweat it.

Advertisement
This board kills me. Half the people posting in this thread are the same ones posting that UCF is great. So UCF is now elite?
None of the teams in the playoffs are elite, Bama looks to be the best, but Clemson lost to a crap Syracuse, UGA barely beat a mediocre ND and got manhandled by Auburn, Oklahoma was a sieve on defense all year and lost to Iowa State.

You watch these broadcasts and they make all the teams look larger than life.

Advertisement
As I said in another thread...watching both of those games is like I'm an poor black inner city kid going to the all white school to see how they do things...instead of it motivating me, it just discourages me.

We aren't even close to that level of football.

Whether its personnel or its schematics or the quality of staff we have, we just aren't there. We can win the Coastal...we might even win the ACC on occasion, but we aren't competing with that level of football and the result would be comical if we tried.

When I see our first two classes under Richt filled with a low-end 4-star DT and a 3-star DT along with three 3-star LBs, I know its still dark and the dawn is far away. Meanwhile, Alabama has three 4*+ DT in this class alone, another three last year.

This is an arms race and we are clearly behind.

I’m glad someone else gets it. But but but but others will say our 3 stars are the best in the county cause they are from Florida, or stars don’t matter! Yes their are cases where that is true but the reality is, more often then not that the high star players end up being better. Look at the NFL drafts top 2 rds. It’s packed for of 4 & 5 stars even though those kids each make a very small percentage of the total amount of kids who play college football.

The problem isn't any of those South Florida 3-stars individually. They are good, some even great players that will go on to play in the NFL no matter where they go. You just can't have 12 of them in a 25 player class and expect to compete with Alabama.

How many South Florida guys are among Bama's 22 starters? Just wondering.

[]_[]nique;3182295 said:
If we had a a competent qb this last season at Miami at worst we only lose to Clemson

problem is that we got manhandled by Clemson ... who got destroyed by Bama

Transient property of college football right. We must be worse than UCF then because they beat Auburn.....who manhandled Bama.

ucf would boat race us worse than clemson did

We have more talent than Wisconsin and Pitt. Being "elite" is not the problem it's too many periods of inconsistency

We do have more talent than Wisconsin and Pitt......the problem was, those two teams had better offensive lines, which led to very average QBs being able to play easy pitch and catch. Of course, those average QBs were likely better than our QB, too, but that's beside the point. Being stronger up front is an equalizer for teams like that. Our speed isn't going to help us if we can't get to the QB, or stuff the run.

I also agree that we don't have anywhere near enough talent compared to the top teams. We are doing better than we have in many previous years, but it's not there yet. Also, it was obviously a massive problem that we lost our top 3 best, most talented players on offense. Maybe Alabama and Clemson can afford to have that happen to them, but at this point in time, we can't. Speaking of which, it is time for me to eat some crow, because back when Walton got injured, I said that Homer is just as good and that there will be no dropoff. I was clearly wrong on that.

Last edited:
If we had a a competent qb this last season at Miami at worst we only lose to Clemson

problem is that we got manhandled by Clemson ... who got destroyed by Bama

How much PT would Norton, McIntosh, Harris, et al get if they were on this Bama squad? On their two deep? Maybe one of their packages? ST? I won't even pose that same question about our OL because I think I already know the answer there.

Advertisement
Back