we are missing that Headhunter at Safety

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't ever expect another Sean Taylor to just come along. He was a once in a generation type of player.

I'm giddy at the thought of a beefed-up Bush playing beside a healthy Jamal Carter (assuming his athleticism actually translates to playing safety.... ready for some highlights this year).

Bush and Jenkins are our only hope right now because VT and Kacy just don't seem to possess any ball-hawking instincts at this point.

Advertisement
VT. Does he have many highlight plays ? Like enough for a film? Maybe it's just because I'm so tired of seeing him out of place or burned but I don't remember the good plays.

Telemaque is probably going to sit over the top of this defense. He'll have the opportunity to make plays but he's really the safety valve. Bush is going to be more variable in his positioning if we take game 1 as an indicator. I expect Rodgers to get phased out. It's already happening and he just doesn't have the look of a football player. I don't know but personally safety wasn't highest on my list of concerns coming out of that game. VT is just an easy target because he's old and everybody hates old guys. The safeties weren't great but if you're talking about where improvement is needed we have other problems (DL and abysmal play at SLB being prominent). What we need at safety is reliability more than a killer.

Advertisement
So we are already crowning a senior in HS over the people we have here? You have got to be kidding me. I guess you are the same people that fall for politicians' pitches about changing Washington.

Worry about today. Only way to fix it this year is by hoping that Bush and Jenkins grow up a lot and Rodgers and Telemaque bend but not break.

We need a ballhawk at safety more than a headhunter. Tired of watching Telemaque running around lost.

Can you people who keep bashing Telemaque tell me about specific plays where he failed? I'm asking seriously because I don't recall them. I remember one play where BC almost scored where he failed to get over the top of the TE but in truth this was Gaines' error primarily and the route gave him two threats. I'm not trying to argue the guy as some difference maker but what did he do that was so horrific? I see people crowning Eddie Johnson yet he was completely baffled versus play action nearly every time.

Don't ever expect another Sean Taylor to just come along. He was a once in a generation type of player.

this. but it isn't too much to ask for a solid playmaker out of the safety position. and me thinks we have it in Bush. just needs to get bigger and some time to grasp the D.

Advertisement
Back