We are going to be top 25 come Tuesday

Just sent this to a buddy:

We might slip into the AP poll this week.

Were currently #28.

#25 Oregon St and #27 VT both lost. #26 MSU, who only leads us by 10 points in the poll was less than impressive in a 26-13 win over Western Michigan.

I would personally move Baylor or Miami into the poll to replace Oregon St. Need one more spot to open up. #20 TCU lost but to highly ranked LSU. #19 BSU is getting hammered at Wash.

#22 NW could lose to Cal (close game right now) too.

Advertisement

Were currently #28.

#25 Oregon St and #27 VT both lost. #26 MSU, who only leads us by 10 points in the poll was less than impressive in a 26-13 win over Western Michigan.

I would personally move Baylor or Miami into the poll to replace Oregon St. Need one more spot to open up. #20 TCU lost but to highly ranked LSU. #19 BSU is getting hammered at Wash.

Why shouldn't UW move ahead of us? They're the ones that beat a ranked team and would deserve a top 25 ranking more than us.
Ditto Cal if they end up beating NW.

So I'm not sure why everyone is getting all excited but some top 25 teams losing.

Were currently #28.

Why shouldn't UW move ahead of us? They're the ones that beat a ranked team and would deserve a top 25 ranking more than us.

So I'm not sure why everyone is getting all excited but some top 25 teams losing.

Its hard to move up unless someone in front of you loses. I'm being analytical, not "getting excited."

Both scenarios you mentioned are possible. Wash is currently #33 so they are in range. We could certainly both get in. Baylor too.

Cal winning a close game at home over a #22 NW team... meh, not sure that's enough. They currently have zero votes, aren't in the top 43. That's a big jump. Lets see how that game finishes out.

well thats not how it works....

Cal didnt receive any votes before tonight so they wont get enough votes to jump 18 teams outside the top 25 before even talking about the guys inside the top 25 that lost and are going to drop.

Washington is way down the coaches poll w/ only 3 votes but they could get a big jump in the AP, but it's an overrated Boise State team who they played so i dont expect them to get that much credit for the win.

Advertisement
USC only won 30-13 and didnt look good so they can slip too

Polls always seem to give @Hawaii a travel mulligan for some reason. Smh. Possible, but I would be surprised if they dropped. But not surprised if they didn't move up and got jumped by a few teams.

Advertisement
Boise st is getting manhandled by Washington 31-6, no way they are ranked after this. They currently are 19th. Probably the worst performance by boise state in several years

Yeah, worst performance in memory. Boise State is never shoved around like that. The bettors got it right. That line really jumped from the opener. It was a double situational boost for Washington -- quick revenge after last season's bowl loss to Boise State, and the long awaited debut of heavily and expensively renovated Husky Stadium.

Boise st is getting manhandled by Washington 31-6, no way they are ranked after this. They currently are 19th. Probably the worst performance by boise state in several years

Yeah, worst performance in memory. Boise State is never shoved around like that. The bettors got it right. That line really jumped from the opener. It was a double situational boost for Washington -- quick revenge after last season's bowl loss to Boise State, and the long awaited debut of heavily and expensively renovated Husky Stadium.

Washington, Cal, Maryland, are being slept on this season.

Advertisement

Washington, yes. Cal looked like **** last night. Not a complete team, QB who can't take them anywhere. Sloppy, unclutch team. Maryland has a LOT to prove before we put them anywhere near consideration.

Washington, yes. Cal looked like **** last night. Not a complete team, QB who can't take them anywhere. Sloppy, unclutch team. Maryland has a LOT to prove before we put them anywhere near consideration.

You're right about Cal. I liked their two sophomore receivers. With a legit QB in Dykes system they could surprise. As a whole I change my opinion on Cal I just looked at their schedule and if they don't have the toughest schedule in the world I don't know who does.

Some teams they play:
#23 Northwestern
#2 Ohio State
#3 Oregon
#21 UCLA
#25 Oregon State
Washington
Arizona
USC
Stanford

You can count on 9 loses right there. Bless whoever takes the Cal job. SMH

Maryland was young like Miami last season. I think the experience coming back for them may help them become a better team. They have been recruiting a little better in recent years. I could see 7 or 8 wins for MD this year. Washington was a team that had a lot of experience coming back. They just have to get it done against the Pac-12 powers.

You're right about Cal. I liked their two sophomore receivers. With a legit QB in Dykes system they could surprise. As a whole I change my opinion on Cal I just looked at their schedule and if they don't have the toughest schedule in the world I don't know who does.

Some teams they play:
#23 Northwestern
#2 Ohio State
#3 Oregon
#21 UCLA
#25 Oregon State
Washington
Arizona
USC
Stanford

You can count on 9 loses right there. Bless whoever takes the Cal job. SMH

Maryland was young like Miami last season. I think the experience coming back for them may help them become a better team. They have been recruiting a little better in recent years. I could see 7 or 8 wins for MD this year. Washington was a team that had a lot of experience coming back. They just have to get it done against the Pac-12 powers.

Jesus, that is brutal. Just to further illustrate your point, I filled in the current rankings:

Some teams they play:
#23 Northwestern
#2 Ohio State
#3 Oregon
#21 UCLA
#25 Oregon State (will drop out of rankings this week)
Washington (will probably be ranked this week)
Arizona
USC #24
Stanford #4

7 ranked teams including #2, #3, and #4. :eekeyes:

Advertisement
Miami will crack top 25 based on two things. 1 its Miami and the national media want us to be good again. 2 we play UF and it brings more to the table to have two ranked teams playing, plus it helps UF if they where to some crazy *** chance in **** beat us it adds another ranked team to their win record (helping keep an $ec team near the top if things get crazy)

I prefer to be unranked playing a high ranked Florida.. if we win, it will hurt them that much more

MARYLAND? Last place in the Atlantic. Second to last AT BEST

Advertisement
Back