We about to find out who has the better coaching staff

Bird4um

Sophomore
Premium
My feeling is that this game comes down to coaching. Freshman coming into our house as qb. No excuses.

This game is my proof as to who has the better coach. Richt or Fuentes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Earth shattering take there. Every single game shows you who has better coaching...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matchup-wise, man for man, we have always been better than VT. So it has come down to coaching in past years. That is where they have had the edge unless just out-talented. Tonight is where you wlll see finally the convergence of competent coaching and talent + home field like back in the Johnson/Erickson days. I am looking for a solid win tonight.

Advertisement
Why do I feel as though Fuentes will steal Richts lunch money every day of the week?

Advertisement
Fuente took over for Frank Beamer and still has Bud Foster on staff. He didn't have to change the culture or the identity of the team. We'll still win this game, but you'll see the real difference between the two (if it exists) after another 1-2 years.

Advertisement
One game head to head does not determine the better head coach. Over a few years head to head Fuentes could end up being better . With the one game head to head reasoning I guess some think Babers is a better coach than a coach who has been in the last 2 N C games. Who knows what people will say about Richt vs Fuentes 5 years from now

The one real team they played with a pulse this year ( clemson ) they basically got destroyed, at night, at bome.

The one real team they played with a pulse this year ( clemson ) they basically got destroyed, at night, at bome.

They also gave up 600 yards to West Virginia, should have lost but WVU blew it on their goal line at the end of the game.

Advertisement
I would say players can change the argument. The coach recruits the players so that goes into the equation. Most would say we have better players now. So we should win tonight. I feel coaching wins this game.

5 years from now it seems we are getting even better players. Eventually a monkey can coach the best of the best. See Coker. If we get the best players years from now coaching won't matter as much. Tonight coaching is huge!

My feeling is that this game comes down to coaching. Freshman coming into our house as qb. No excuses.

This game is my proof as to who has the better coach. Richt or Fuentes.

Thank you for sharing your feelings.

Advertisement
Back