We’re #1!!!!

Since 2010, our ACC class rankings (excluding ‘23)

2010 - 2nd
2011 - 6th
2012 - 2nd
2013 - 2nd
2014 - 2nd
2015 - 3rd
2016 - 3rd
2017 - 2nd
2018 - 2nd
2019 - 4th
2020 - 3rd
2021 - 2nd
2022 - 3rd

Avg. ACC class rank (rounding up): 3rd

Compared to the rest of the Coastal:
-UNC: 4th
-VT: 6th
-Pitt: 8th
-UVA: T-9th
-GT: T-9th
-Duke: 11th

Results since 2010:
VT: 98-70 (.583) - 1 ACC/ 3 divisional/ 4 bowl victories
U: 95-68 (.582) - 1 divisional /1 bowl victory
Pitt: 75-54 (.581) - 1 ACC / 2 divisional/ 3 bowl victories
UNC: 90-76 (.542) - 2 divisional /3 bowl victories
GT: 77-85 (.475) - 2 divisional / 3 bowl victories
Duke: 77-87 (.469) - 1 divisional/ 4 bowl victories

The fact is, even the bottom feeders of this conference have accomplished more than us since 2010, despite us being continuously the top recruiting team on paper in our division.

The silver lining is this is the first #1 class, on paper, in the ACC since 2008; just hoping this go ‘round is much better than that previous #1 class.

@cway313 @AtrainCane

Advertisement

2010 - 2nd
2011 - 6th
2012 - 2nd
2013 - 2nd
2014 - 2nd
2015 - 3rd
2016 - 3rd
2017 - 2nd
2018 - 2nd
2019 - 4th
2020 - 3rd
2021 - 2nd
2022 - 3rd

Results since 2010:

The fact is, even the bottom feeders of this conference have accomplished more than us since 2010, despite us being continuously the top recruiting team on paper in our division.

The silver lining is this is the first #1 class, on paper, in the ACC since 2008; just hoping this go ‘round is much better than that previous #1 class.

@cway313 @AtrainCane
That can't be right, I was told the facts proved I was wrong.

That can't be right, I was told the facts proved I was wrong.

You said we ranked no lower than second the previous 4 years, you were proven wrong.

If your point is, that we don’t play up to our talent level, you’re absolutely correct. Nobody would argue that. But you got to get the facts right when talking about numerical values.

You said we ranked no lower than second the previous 4 years, you were proven wrong.

If your point is, that we don’t play up to our talent level, you’re absolutely correct. Nobody would argue that. But you got to get the facts right when talking about numerical values.
I clarified that I was talking about over the span of 4 years. Not at any singular point over a 4 year stretch. I'm well aware of the year to year ranking but overall we aren't and haven't been lower than 2nd.

2010 - 2nd
2011 - 6th
2012 - 2nd
2013 - 2nd
2014 - 2nd
2015 - 3rd
2016 - 3rd
2017 - 2nd
2018 - 2nd
2019 - 4th
2020 - 3rd
2021 - 2nd
2022 - 3rd

Results since 2010:

@cway313 @AtrainCane
You’re right. I totally agree. I only took the last 4 years because that was the time period mentioned initially. Coaching and development is the real reason we havent won in 20 years it’s pretty easy to see. We haven’t had a real coach in those 20 years until Mario. And I don’t count MR because he was burned out and actually had Parkinson’s while he was here.

Advertisement
If our evals were on point the NFL draft scouting department would find steals in our kids. They would be drafted higher I mean that's basically common sense. And just because a kid has a bama offer and was considered blue chip doesn't mean bama put everything into landing that prospect. Was the coaching bad yea that's why we bringing in more talent real talent
No matter how much talent you bring in it won’t matter if they regress because they are not pushed physically and mentally here. I’m not saying Bama put everything into recruiting these guys.. obviously not, they can only recruit so many kids. They can’t be everywhere at once smh. But these kids were offered by Bama and other top schools and chose Miami, so they were considered MIAMI CALIBER before stepping on campus. Evals don’t mean a thing if everything else sucks afterwards. If you give Bama our roster last 4 years they would have had a better record.. why? Because they have the best coaching, great facilities, great s&c that pushes guys to their limits physically and mentally & a culture of business mindset. ****, give Wake Forest, Oklahoma State, or even Utah our roster and they win more games 🤦🏾‍♂️

No matter how much talent you bring in it won’t matter if they regress because they are not pushed physically and mentally here. I’m not saying Bama put everything into recruiting these guys.. obviously not, they can only recruit so many kids. They can’t be everywhere at once smh. But these kids were offered by Bama and other top schools and chose Miami, so they were considered MIAMI CALIBER before stepping on campus. Evals don’t mean a thing if everything else sucks afterwards. If you give Bama our roster last 4 years they would have had a better record.. why? Because they have the best coaching, great facilities, great s&c that pushes guys to their limits physically and mentally & a culture of business mindset. ****, give Wake Forest, Oklahoma State, or even Utah our roster and they win more games 🤦🏾‍♂️
Bruh not one like on this post. Bama offers a ton of kids they aren't going to push for. How long u been following this? An offer from bama doesn't mean they want u they send out a lot of offers bruh.

Bruh not one like on this post. Bama offers a ton of kids they aren't going to push for. How long u been following this? An offer from bama doesn't mean they want u they send out a lot of offers bruh.
Lol Bama is no longer the standard. Get with the times.

I know this. But I’m not talking about just Bama. You brought up bama. I said the top school offered most of our guys. I don’t care who likes my posts BTW. You keep saying we have no talent but people keep showing graphics that show we absolutely have had enough talent to beat everyone but Clemson in the ACC. We don’t have Bama and UGA or OSU talent but those three are light years ahead of everyone else right now but we do not need that to win in our conference and make the playoffs and show kids we can develop them and win games. Let me ask you this.. does TCU have more talent than us or did they develop better than us?

Advertisement
I know this. But I’m not talking about just Bama. You brought up bama. I said the top school offered most of our guys. I don’t care who likes my posts BTW. You keep saying we have no talent but people keep showing graphics that show we absolutely have had enough talent to beat everyone but Clemson in the ACC. We don’t have Bama and UGA or OSU talent but those three are light years ahead of everyone else right now but we do not need that to win in our conference and make the playoffs and show kids we can develop them and win games. Let me ask you this.. does TCU have more talent than us or did they develop better than us?
This our first real class that we really moved the needle a bit. If u think a class with James Williams and LT is an elite class nope it's not.

No insinuation. We've recruited better than +80% of conference statistically and played in 1 conf. champ game. If you have objection feel free to add relevance to conversation.
I know we have. I also know that’s not the problem. The problem as I stated in another thread, is we haven’t had a person that was actually qualified or physically able to be our head coach for 20 years. We found out after the fact CMR had Parkinson’s while he was here. coaching and development has been the problem. We had a lot of things go our way that year, but it’s not a coincidence that the best coach we had over the last 20 years, led us to that 1 conference championship game.

Advertisement
This our first real class that we really moved the needle a bit. If u think a class with James Williams and LT is an elite class nope it's not.

I agree with you. It would’ve been an elite class, had we landed a bunch of other studs, but that class those are the top two, and there was a pretty big drop off after that.

I agree with you. It would’ve been an elite class, had we landed a bunch of other studs, but that class those are the top two, and there was a pretty big drop off after that.
It's good to have a top heavy class but u need to recruit stars everywhere. When the drop off from two guys is a huge drop off your in trouble down the road. The drop off was all jags and lower tier kids who didn't deserve to wear that cane jersey but they got to wear it. When kids are transferring and their best offers are lower tier schools it tells you all u need to know.

Advertisement
Back