WDE Update. | UM offers Grant Harris

TexCane

Sophomore
4/20/13: Miami today offered WDE prospect Grant Harris from Clinton, Mississippi. Grant is rated 86 and ranks as the #26 WDE in the nation by the 247Sports Composite.

Check out this young man's size (6'-4.5" / 255). It appears Miss. State is the leader at this point. More to come...

Tex

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid is rated as a 2* by rivals which is a joke, considering he earned 2nd team 6A all state in miss. I like the offer by UM, but I agree kids from Miss have traditionally had suspect grades but harris reports a 3.2gpa. I think if he has a killer sir year it will be tough to pull him out if Miss, with Ole Mi$$ running around.

Go Canes

Grant Harris
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2170812/grant-harris

Kid is rated as a 2* by rivals which is a joke, considering he earned 2nd team 6A all state in miss. I like the offer by UM, but I agree kids from Miss have traditionally had suspect grades but harris reports a 3.2gpa. I think if he has a killer sir year it will be tough to pull him out if Miss, with Ole Mi$$ running around.

Go Canes

Grant Harris
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2170812/grant-harris

Paramos... Thanks for the update. Interesting information. I've also heard that UM absolutely loves this kid and has him high on their WDE board. Also heard he will be a tough pull for our Canes. He has an established relationship with the coaching staff at Mississippi State. That supports what you are saying. But I wonder why our staff likes him so much.

Maybe he's this year Chris Jones. A Mississippi State commit who i think was a 2 or 3* commit but through camps, his season and all star games became a 5* who everybody wanted

Advertisement
I was thinking the very same thing about being this years chris jones. My question is if you have the grades then why not leave Miss and go to a better academic school.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Maybe he's this year Chris Jones. A Mississippi State commit who i think was a 2 or 3* commit but through camps, his season and all star games became a 5* who everybody wanted

Great prediction because he is turning out to be this years Chris Jones. He was selected to Mississippi's Dandy Dozen top 12 players in the state. He was also selected to the Miss vs Ala all star game.

And now has UM as his 1st scheduled visit per the latest rivals article.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back