WDE Update: Canes offer Harold Landry

TexCane

Sophomore
Name: Harold Landry

Hometown/School: Fayetteville, NC (Pine Forest)
HT: 6’-3” | WT: 228 | 40:
Season Stats:
247Sports Composite: Rating: 84 Rank: #45 WDE
Scouting Report (s): na
Schools of Interest: (11) BC*, Clem, GT, Miami, Duke, ECU, NCS, So. Car. App State, Citadel
Leader(s): BC
Chance: Fair

UPDATES:

4/18/13: Miami offers WDE prospect Harold Landry from Fayetteville, North Carolina. Harold is rated 84 and ranked the #45 WDE in the nation by the 247Sports Composite.

Harold, a BC verbal, is the young man rumored to be part of a package deal with DT Lamont Gaillard from the same HS. Hmmm… :cigar:

Advertisement
Good Miami doesnt have the leverage (depth) on defense to not play the recruiting game this year.

Advertisement
FSU offered Landry yesterday. This kid is blowing up so we need to stay on him hard if we want to stay in the game. I believe Harold's coach said that our staff is looking at him at both OLB and WSDE and that he is open to this and very capable of playing either. Really want this kid, regardless of whether or not him signing with us has any impact on his buddy DT Lamont Gaillard's decision....

http://247sports.com/Player/Harold-Landry-29250

[video=youtube;IcGIkTYMB3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcGIkTYMB3Y[/video]

Advertisement
He Is the type of DE that would cause read-option offenses a lot of headaches. Very disciplined! Love his film and hope we snag him.

He Is the type of DE that would cause read-option offenses a lot of headaches. Very disciplined! Love his film and hope we snag him.

I like his tape even better than Gaillard's. I want both.

A Front 7 class of the following is, I think, realistic and devastating:

DT: Stuckey, Gaillard, Clark, Cerenord

DE- Thomas, Landry, J. Clarke

Edge- M. Smith

LB - Juwon Young, T.J. Harrell

That is not including Vincent JAckson or Valentine, who I think are trolls and should not be counted on, or T. Holley, who I cannot get any sort of read on.

They both grew up loving UM and so does the coach, if we can get them its a game changer as far as bringing the D up to speed with the O. Oh and and new D coach possibly.

I thought we offered this kid at the same time we offered Gaillard.

Either way, I want both. Not part of the "recruiting game" either; he's earned his offer.

EDIT: Adurf. Saw this was posted last month, with the FSU update most recently.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I like his tape even better than Gaillard's. I want both.

A Front 7 class of the following is, I think, realistic and devastating:

DT: Stuckey, Gaillard, Clark, Cerenord

DE- Thomas, Landry, J. Clarke

Edge- M. Smith

LB - Juwon Young, T.J. Harrell

That is not including Vincent JAckson or Valentine, who I think are trolls and should not be counted on, or T. Holley, who I cannot get any sort of read on.

I think Landry would be a great get at DE but I can't get the vision of him and this guy wreaking havoc at OLB with their speed, length and athleticism out of my mind (yes, we are looking at both as possible OLBs):

[video=youtube;-VZP70ie3IM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VZP70ie3IM[/video]

Landry seems like a McCord / AQM type to me. Would love Cook but West Coast guys are always skeptical to me.

Advertisement
Landry seems like a McCord / AQM type to me. Would love Cook but West Coast guys are always skeptical to me.

Agree about the Landry/McCord/AQM comparison but it just seems like Golden and co. really want to get bigger and more physical at OLB. I'm sure the nightmarish way we got gashed and manhandled around the edges (everywhere really) by K. State and ND are never far from their minds. These two seem like they have the size, speed and athleticism to make the transition if that's where our staff wants to use them...

Also, Cook is currently very high on us according to an interview of his that I read (says that we are the only school assured of an official visit) and he claims to have a good relationship with our staff. We'll see how this plays out over the next 9 months though....

Agree about the Landry/McCord/AQM comparison but it just seems like Golden and co. really want to get bigger and more physical at OLB. I'm sure the nightmarish way we got gashed and manhandled around the edges (everywhere really) by K. State and ND are never far from their minds. These two seem like they have the size, speed and athleticism to make the transition if that's where our staff wants to use them...

Also, Cook is currently very high on us according to an interview of his that I read (says that we are the only school assured of an official visit) and he claims to have a good relationship with our staff. We'll see how this plays out over the next 9 months though....

Would be more than happy to see Landry come in as a backer and add another end in there. Honestly we just need about 10-12 spots in this class to be dedicated to the Front 7, the players will sort themselves out once they're here.

We played the recruiting game three times that I remember taking a kid we are lukewarm on in order to hopefully get the kid we want. Both times we failed but two turned out well. In the 80,s we recruited Hurly Brown with an eye toward the big tight end also named Brown who was ordained a future all pro before he even graduated from high school. He went to ND. Hurly turned out well but was a questionable character kid believe it or not. Good to see that some kids do get their act together. Another was the overweight DT named Abdulla or something like that we took hoping to get the Rhodes scholar DB that ended up at FSU. Finally in the mid fifties we took a kid from Arch Bishop Curley in Miami that we were lukewarm on named Fran Curci a smallish QB in order to get his DE teammate Jon Mirilovich. Mirilovich was average and of course Curci went on to become an all American. Hopefully we will get a success story here.

We played the recruiting game three times that I remember taking a kid we are lukewarm on in order to hopefully get the kid we want. Both times we failed but two turned out well. In the 80,s we recruited Hurly Brown with an eye toward the big tight end also named Brown who was ordained a future all pro before he even graduated from high school. He went to ND. Hurly turned out well but was a questionable character kid believe it or not. Good to see that some kids do get their act together. Another was the overweight DT named Abdulla or something like that we took hoping to get the Rhodes scholar DB that ended up at FSU. Finally in the mid fifties we took a kid from Arch Bishop Curley in Miami that we were lukewarm on named Fran Curci a smallish QB in order to get his DE teammate Jon Mirilovich. Mirilovich was average and of course Curci went on to become an all American. Hopefully we will get a success story here.

I think this staff has proven beyond a doubt that they do not offer kids, especially this early, unless they actually want them. Thus, your premise of us being "lukewarm" on Landry is presumably flawed.

Advertisement
Back