Waymon Steed

Testing results for McCloud, Brooks and Steed when they were recruits per ESPN:

Jennings doesn't have a full stat profile but has a few key metrics:

Advertisement
Testing results for McCloud, Brooks and Steed when they were recruits per ESPN:

Jennings doesn't have a full stat profile but has a few key metrics:
Saw Jaelan name under Jennings tab and dude is a beast at that size.. yeesh

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/212426/jaelan-phillips

As the leader of the Steed fan brigade I can tell you he’s fully recovered. I believe he played thirteen plays and was constantly around the ball or making the tackle. There’s no way he should be a backup much longer with mccloud looking like a special needs kid in the open field. Jennings , steed , brooks and huff need to be on the field more.

Steed looked the best of the bunch and stood out when he was out there.

If 8 and 53 continue to play like this the next few games there’ll definitely be enough proof in the pudding that the d staff plays favorites to the vets.
Spoke to his Dad last night....

Advertisement
Love this dude. Reminded me of Spence when we signed him. And you're right about him. He was always in the right spot. If he can regain confidence in those knees, he's going to be eating other guys' reps as the season progresses. As a LB, he eats McClouds lunch.
Great comparison.

I was really excited we got him after seeing him play several times at Central. Kid plays downhill, has great instincts, and does not hesitate. Also hes tough as nails, I believe he played his senior year with torn ligaments in his knee.

Advertisement
Brooks had the only great individual performance vs La Tech and I can't recall hearing anything negative about him over the offseason or in camp, insane he isn't starting over McCloud.
And he was around the ball making plays when he was in last thursday. Brooks needs to start, it's really that simple.

Many of y'all forgot about this dude but right now just from a few plays at the UAB game he looks more instinctive then #44 or #53.Not sure if he is all the way recovered from his 2nd knee injury or how physical he remains, but he looked good in limited action. After watching 44 and 53, and seeing the team speed of Louisville 17 & 6 need to be on the field.
I got blasted in another thread when I dusted I liked the combo of Steed/Brooks more than 53/Jennings. Steed May nit hit as hard as BJ but I think he can get sideline to sideline better and miss less tackles.

Advertisement
Back