Waymon Steed

If we were running a conventional 4-3, I'd say our 3 starters need to be Steed, Brooks & Huff.
I dot think we run base 4-3 at all.. Even when UAB went with double TE we still had a striker out there.. If it was me, I come out double tight and run at Frierson, lol

Advertisement
Many of y'all forgot about this dude but right now just from a few plays at the UAB game he looks more instinctive then #44 or #53.Not sure if he is all the way recovered from his 2nd knee injury or how physical he remains, but he looked good in limited action. After watching 44 and 53, and seeing the team speed of Louisville 17 & 6 need to be on the field.
<sarcasm>We all know that college coaches play the best players available and can see talent better than any of us, plus their jobs depend on it. They don't make mistakes like that.<sarcasm/>

Many of y'all forgot about this dude but right now just from a few plays at the UAB game he looks more instinctive then #44 or #53.Not sure if he is all the way recovered from his 2nd knee injury or how physical he remains, but he looked good in limited action. After watching 44 and 53, and seeing the team speed of Louisville 17 & 6 need to be on the field.

I thought he flashed a few times, seemed to move well, and yes, instincts, something that McCloud sorely lacks. I'd like to see 17 in the rotation more moving forward

Advertisement

As the leader of the Steed fan brigade I can tell you he’s fully recovered. I believe he played thirteen plays and was constantly around the ball or making the tackle. There’s no way he should be a backup much longer with mccloud looking like a special needs kid in the open field. Jennings , steed , brooks and huff need to be on the field more.

Steed looked the best of the bunch and stood out when he was out there.

If 8 and 53 continue to play like this the next few games there’ll definitely be enough proof in the pudding that the d staff plays favorites to the vets.

Advertisement
As the leader of the Steed fan brigade I can tell you he’s fully recovered. I believe he played thirteen plays and was constantly around the ball or making the tackle. There’s no way he should be a backup much longer with mccloud looking like a special needs kid in the open field. Jennings , steed , brooks and huff need to be on the field more.

If 8 and 53 continue to play like this the next few games there’ll definitely be enough proof in the pudding that the d staff plays favorites to the vets.
Big Steed fan here also going back to Central days. McCloud has the speed he just has no IQ, He plays slower then what he is, looks like he is still thinking out there. As a 5th year senior he should be studying film and diagnosing plays before they happen. It was only a 1 game sample size, but he better show tremendous improvement this weekend.

I hardly noticed the lbs for good reasons. Every **** year we talk about folks needing to play more. Then they finally start and we want they backup to play more. That being said, both Couch and Miller need waaayyy more snaps.

Big Steed fan here also going back to Central days. McCloud has the speed he just has no IQ, He plays slower then what he is, looks like he is still thinking out there. As a 5th year senior he should be studying film and diagnosing plays before they happen. It was only a 1 game sample size, but he better show tremendous improvement this weekend.

Does McCloud have the speed even? I was looking for that post on our players last year that looked at their athletic stats and compared them to all ACC and average P5 players. Couldn’t find it. Was that a Lance thread? Anyway, I’m almost sure McCloud was ranked as the worst of the 3 out of Pickney, Shaq and him, and average to below average vs other P5 LBs.

Maybe I imagined it. Either way. McCloud has limited field awareness and is alway ls in the wrong place or being blocked out of plays. We need Brooks and Steed out there against UL for the majority of the snaps or we’ll get torched.

Advertisement
53 looks lost and late. This is poor coaching and poor "get after it"

Advertisement
Does McCloud have the speed even? I was looking for that post on our players last year that looked at their athletic stats and compared them to all ACC and average P5 players. Couldn’t find it. Was that a Lance thread? Anyway, I’m almost sure McCloud was ranked as the worst of the 3 out of Pickney, Shaq and him, and average to below average vs other P5 LBs.

Maybe I imagined it. Either way. McCloud has limited field awareness and is alway ls in the wrong place or being blocked out of plays. We need Brooks and Steed out there against UL for the majority of the snaps or we’ll get torched.
I think he was actually the best numbers wise testing but on the field he's not that fast and, as you said, he negates any speed he does have by hid lack of awareness.

I’ve said it before... I like what Manny did with the offensive staff changes. I think he’s recruited way above our season performance and I recognize those successes - BUT - he has not done what he needs to on the defensive side and those are the hard decisions for him... and on that end I think he’s failing.

Rumph, Patke and Baker should not be here. This will be his Achilles heel - the D’No to Golden, the Jorn to Mork. If he wants to make it, he can’t just whack the offensive staff that he has no connection to while he leaves his defensive staff be. I’m concerned about that and I’ve said it before.

And if he was trying to can Rumph while leaving Patke alone then that’s a fail too and I blame Manny 110% for that. Yes... if some BOT folks said you can’t can Rumph if Patke stays then Manny chose to retain Rumph. Bullshît, he wasn’t forced to. He chose to because it was either can both or can none and he chose keeping the status quo.

This defensive staff, it’s recruiting, it’s coaching - it’s been here 4-5 years under him. It’s all his. I hope he figures it out. As a detached fan, to me, I see the weak links clearly, but it’s always harder on the inside.

And I’m sorry... Baker sucks. If Manny wants to keep him, Manny better do Baker’s job.

And now I think I better put down the bottle.

That outside zone with track runners at RB for UL remind me of San fran Mostert.. Them Dudes legit FAST.. 10.3 speed out the back field.. Then you got Tutu on jet sweeps and such.. With a mobile qb.. Alot for defense to deal with..
Javian is my cousin he camped at Miami but of course Golden didn’t offer him, if he would’ve he’s a Cane, instead of a Cardinal. Thanks again Al

I think he was actually the best numbers wise testing but on the field he's not that fast and, as you said, he negates any speed he does have by hid lack of awareness.

Hoping Steed can get back to this type of athleticism.

Attachments

• CC06EBAE-EA0E-47F2-9926-3369C68C918C.jpeg
    CC06EBAE-EA0E-47F2-9926-3369C68C918C.jpeg
    390.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 3AEA3C80-12C4-4F69-B1E0-68437B09D985.jpeg
    3AEA3C80-12C4-4F69-B1E0-68437B09D985.jpeg
    348 KB · Views: 43
Advertisement
Back