WR: Coley | Waters
Slot: Berrios | Lewis

TE: Dobard | Herndon

LT: McDermott | St. Louis
LG: Darling | Wells
C: Linder | Gall
RG: Isidora | Milo
RT: Gadbois | Odogwu or Jones

W/o the Al golden factor I say 9 wins but with him we win 7.... I need to see it no more crazy predictions

Advertisement
Honestly, VERY underwhelming.

I'm known as a kool-aid drinker in the offseason, but I can't help but agree here. We are seriously devoid of superstars/difference makers on that offense. Difference makers aren't just at the skill positions on offense either, that OL depth chart is scary bad for a UM level team.

At RB we are going to be relying on a player who wouldn't even make the RB depth on a championship level team in Gus Edwards. Yearby is a nice player, but he's not a difference maker in my mind due to size concerns and the fact he went down with a cough last year.

Look at that QB depth chart. Gray Crow was actually an H-back last year. Malik Rosier is more gadget player. If he has to start, do we really think he can sustain an offense? I have visions of Kirby Freeman all over again.Kaaya needs to stay healthy all season and we are protecting him with that group of OL?

On the OL, where is there an AA type talent at his position that we can rely getting a tough yard on 4th-and-1? Joe Brown is actually in our two-deep! Odogwu, oh boy. That guy was not ready last year, he needs to have made huge strides to be in the two-deep there. McDermott, Gall, Darling, Gadbois all coming off surgery of some sort. I don't have every OL in our history memorized, but I can't think of one with less talent/injury concerns/experience concerns than this one. Art Kehoe, we are going to learn a ton about you this year.

The WR corps is solid, I'll grant you that, but where is there a true difference maker who will actually play? Rashawn Scott has produced when he's been out there, but has struggled with discipline, injury, assignment concerns since he got here. Relying on him is dicey. Herb Waters has a ton of RAC ability, but will he be where he needs to be on every play to be reliable play-in-and-play-out? Stacy Coley is a toolshed of talent, but last year left a lot more questions about toughness, hands, consistency, than cleared up questions. Berrios really went small after that drop against FSU. He's strong, tough, and smart. I think he leads us in catches. Question marks behind him.

At TE we have a guy who has never really developed consistency in Dobard. Can we rely on him to make the routine plays consistently? Can he keep the ball off the ground? Then you've got a guy I'm not sold on at all in Washington- who needs a shirt- and then a guy who needs to prove he's Miami caliber in O'Donnell. This is the weakest position group we have in my mind.

The way I see it, we have one well above average starter heading into the season, and that's Kaaya. The problem there is he is not even the clear cut 1st team All-ACC QB with Deshaun Watson my preseason #1 , and then Golson slightly behind Kaaya.

That is a 7-5/8-4 type of offensive talent in my view. It is up to the defense, and to a lesser degree, the special teams to make the record turn out better than that.

Advertisement
Back