Way too early ‘22 starter

Who will be ‘22 starting qb?

• TVD

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • J. Garcia

Votes: 70 84.3%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Obviously we all like to see more than a Spring Game to determine pocket presence, but I liked what I saw from Garcia moving the ball on that TD drive and 4th and 12, specifically.

Last edited:
People need to remember that only 2 coverages were played on defense during the spring game according to Diaz. The hardest part for a young QB is reading defenses and the mental aspects of the game. Garcia has all the talent that you need and you can see that. The question is, how far along mentally is he and is he as far along as TVD, who in his own right is extremely talented with a great arm?

I feel very good about both QBs and like our future with either as the signal caller, but there is still a lot of unknowns that a spring game wont answer. Garcia is the sexier pick and seems to have a higher ceiling, but the mental aspect may be what determines who starts

People need to remember that only 2 coverages were played on defense during the spring game according to Diaz. The hardest part for a young QB is reading defenses and the mental aspects of the game. Garcia has all the talent that you need and you can see that. The question is, how far along mentally is he and is he as far along as TVD, who in his own right is extremely talented with a great arm?

I feel very good about both QBs and like our future with either as the signal caller, but there is still a lot of unknowns that a spring game wont answer. Garcia is the sexier pick, but time will tell who is the best.
Very basic coverage and there was also a bunch of sacks that should’ve been called especially on big plays. Garcia has moxy and unreal pocket presence but some of those throws he stepped into wouldve gotten him split in half in a real game lol. I forgot it was a scrimmage on the one deep ball, I saw him step into a dl and I was like “ of god” lol

Very basic coverage and there was also a bunch of sacks that should’ve been called especially on big plays. Garcia has moxy and unreal pocket presence but some of those throw he stripped into wouldn’t gotten him split in half in a real game lol. I forgot it was a scrimmage on the one deep ball, I saw him step into a dl and I was like “ of god” lol
Yep Garcia would’ve been sacked 3 times minimum.

Advertisement

I feel very good about both QBs and like our future with either as the signal caller, but there is still a lot of unknowns that a spring game wont answer. Garcia is the sexier pick and seems to have a higher ceiling, but the mental aspect may be what determines who starts
That's exactly the reason why Howard chose Kosar over Testeverde...

Im going TVD for now. I think we are letting one spring game sway us to Garcia, who looked **** good, but TVD had been balling as well. This is a good problem to have.

Advertisement
Just remember garcia is a EE and has been here a few months. A summer and a fall and he will be even better.

TVD is going to have to keep improving as well.

My vote is garcia though. The other transfers.

both guys were solid considering they’re both freshmen. Good arms, nice pocket presence, catchable balls, etc. I like Garcia’s moxy but I’m just happy that we - for once - have competent guys in that qb room

If TVD has a great arm???? then what do you call Garcia's arm.....there was a huge difference to me on throws today. TVD had a good game ..no doubt but his wind up seems a little slow especially compared to Garcia.

I really do like TVD and everything he brings as a QB, but Jake is different. Yes it’s just a controlled Spring Game, but for a True Frosh to look like that kinda caught me by surprise. Of course he has things to work on, but it’s going to be hard to keep him from being QB1 next year. Lashlee was coaching him like crazy yesterday too and knows Jake can be elite

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back