Waxing Philosophically

Say my dog ran into the street and got clipped. I have choices. I can have sympathy and take the dog to the vet or say it will cost to much so a bullet in the brain is pennies, but I love my dog and no expense is too much to get her back to health. Worse, your wife discovers she has MS and she will operate in a diminished capacity. You have several choices, divorce or stand by her and care for her. I for one enjoyed every minute I had with my wife with MS until she passed, I've met MS victims who had their family desert them, the family had a choice.
Loyalty, care, love bind us to our loved ones and it is because they have brought us joy. Why am I being so morbid? 58 straight wins at home, 5 National Championships, getting to watch future Hall of Fame players, etc has given me great joy. There were some games we played where I hated leaving the stadium savoring the victories. It was painful when we lost to Ohio State and Penn State or saw players like Rusty Meaderis go down with a career ending injury or Bratton on his final Hurricane play have a crippling injury that diminished his future.. Did we fly banners when we lost that Penn State game which if we played them 9 more times we would beat them all 9.
We fans take our teams seriously to a fault and let emotion override our senses when they stumble and that is when they need us the most. Not those fans who say cancel your season tickets, stay home from games and yes, fly banners. Sorry but I have had much more pleasure watching the Miami Hurricanes then grief. I look forward to the next game like the last ND game where we embarrassed one of our biggest rivals, or cherish the wide FG games or any victory over the noles or gator.
Now is the time to support our team, to recognize that these are young men who hate losing and will strive until they can represent the Hurricane standards. Every team has ups and downs, it is how we fans support them that matters most when they are down. We are Miami Hurricane fans, imagine being a Red Sox or Cubs fan during their demise. We WILL be back better and stronger from the struggles. Will you be supporting the effort or booing when they struggle. As for me and my house, we wear our Hurricane apparel with pride, win, lose or draw. IT'S GREAT TO BE A MIAMI HURRICANE.

I expect criticism and could care less..I'll be there through the trials and await the successes that are sure to come. It's all about that :neonu:

Ghey. Fire Blake and stop treating the football program, it's fans, and the players like a little hobby that the University is just supposed to keep going.

Until then, fvck anyone who lends support to these frauds who are abusing a once-proud legacy for their personal gain.

Advertisement
The only waxing I saw was Butch waxing Manny's *** on the site where the Canes won five national titles.
J4EIJFNQDFCSROJXV72BYWFBGA.jpg

So the car is fiu n Miami is your dog. The driver of the car gets out n tells you, no one booed for your dog. I don't know where the f@ck I'm going with this story so f you op. Fire Manuela, BJs and strawberries.

Advertisement
Say my dog ran into the street and got clipped. I have choices. I can have sympathy and take the dog to the vet or say it will cost to much so a bullet in the brain is pennies, but I love my dog and no expense is too much to get her back to health. Worse, your wife discovers she has MS and she will operate in a diminished capacity. You have several choices, divorce or stand by her and care for her. I for one enjoyed every minute I had with my wife with MS until she passed, I've met MS victims who had their family desert them, the family had a choice.
Loyalty, care, love bind us to our loved ones and it is because they have brought us joy. Why am I being so morbid? 58 straight wins at home, 5 National Championships, getting to watch future Hall of Fame players, etc has given me great joy. There were some games we played where I hated leaving the stadium savoring the victories. It was painful when we lost to Ohio State and Penn State or saw players like Rusty Meaderis go down with a career ending injury or Bratton on his final Hurricane play have a crippling injury that diminished his future.. Did we fly banners when we lost that Penn State game which if we played them 9 more times we would beat them all 9.
We fans take our teams seriously to a fault and let emotion override our senses when they stumble and that is when they need us the most. Not those fans who say cancel your season tickets, stay home from games and yes, fly banners. Sorry but I have had much more pleasure watching the Miami Hurricanes then grief. I look forward to the next game like the last ND game where we embarrassed one of our biggest rivals, or cherish the wide FG games or any victory over the noles or gator.
Now is the time to support our team, to recognize that these are young men who hate losing and will strive until they can represent the Hurricane standards. Every team has ups and downs, it is how we fans support them that matters most when they are down. We are Miami Hurricane fans, imagine being a Red Sox or Cubs fan during their demise. We WILL be back better and stronger from the struggles. Will you be supporting the effort or booing when they struggle. As for me and my house, we wear our Hurricane apparel with pride, win, lose or draw. IT'S GREAT TO BE A MIAMI HURRICANE.

I expect criticism and could care less..I'll be there through the trials and await the successes that are sure to come. It's all about that :neonu:
Sorry, but you miss the issue entirely. Support the admin is not the same as support the brand or support the players. This is all difficult because there is tension between them. Manny sucks. Support him, or root for better?

If the analogy about your wife is a true story, than I’m sorry to hear that hope this following analogy isn’t ****ed up....

You’re confusing the players in your scenario. The team is your wife, the coaches and admin are the doctors treating your wife.

If those doctors proved incapable or incompetent would you just continue on enjoying what time you had with your wife, hoping those doctors somehow got their **** together? No.

No. You’d fire those doctors, find the best possible replacements, while also enjoying the time with your wife.

As fans were not able to fire anybody. As paying customers, however, it is incumbent upon us to voice our opinions when obvious changes are needed.

We’ve had this same conversation with the last 5 staffs, and each time the fans we right. I’d argue that pressure from the fan base had a hand in the last 3 changes.

Advertisement
If the analogy about your wife is a true story, than I’m sorry to hear that hope this following analogy isn’t ****ed up....

You’re confusing the players in your scenario. The team is your wife, the coaches and admin are the doctors treating your wife.

If those doctors proved incapable or incompetent would you just continue on enjoying what time you had with your wife, hoping those doctors somehow got their **** together? No.

No. You’d fire those doctors, find the best possible replacements, while also enjoying the time with your wife.

As fans were not able to fire anybody. As paying customers, however, it is incumbent upon us to voice our opinions when obvious changes are needed.

We’ve had this same conversation with the last 5 staffs, and each time the fans we right. I’d argue that pressure from the fan base had a hand in the last 3 changes.
It is true about my wife and after 50 plus years of marriage things like football games are not quite as important but are to be appreciated. The weird thing about this season is every loss could of easily been a victory with one or two plays per game. I know the floor is covered with manure but there must be a pony somewhere, I'm still looking for the pony...starting with beating Duke.
Call me an optimist but I think Diaz will make changes until they get it right. I did complain that we did not run enough against FIU and I was not surprised by the interceptions since they are ranked 13th in pass defense. Not running more was inexcusable, will Enos learn by that mistake or are our RB's that bad? Time will tell. There has to be a reason Richt gave up on this team and Diaz inherited the mess. Attitude and effort cannot be coached but can be influenced starting with stopping celebrations when we are losing. I personally do not like the chain or the rings especially in losing efforts.
With Greg triple teamed how could we not get any sacks from the rest of the DL? I haven't seen that discussed but the DL should be embarrassed. So, yes there are obvious things that need correcting but I see the things Manny has corrected and expect that to continue. Lets see how recruiting goes, games are won in February (and now December)....

Advertisement
Back