Watching the young LBers

I’m just baffled how you can watch the closing speed of TAC, Smith, and even Ragone’s instincts and somehow think playing BJ and others as much as they do is a good idea. Seriously, you can’t tell that they don’t see the clear drop off in talent between them especially when it comes to closing on the play and their play speed in general.

Just get this guy out of here already. This D obviously has the talent to be a decent unit but his stubbornness has destroyed it.
Agreed! And as you said…. the most baffling thing is We got enough talent on the roster to field a decent unit, but for whatever reason, he decided to keep putting those stiffs out there. Game after freaking game. Drive after drive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
TAC took down that RB in the flat with a quickness and a vengeance. Have not seen any other backer make that play.
When I saw that, my heart sunk. This kid really is a stud, and Manny just kept him sidelined all year. Unfathomable.

Also, Chase Smith, whoa! We could not have taught him to play LB this year? That dude ... is a dude.

Advertisement
I’m just baffled how you can watch the closing speed of TAC, Smith, and even Ragone’s instincts and somehow think playing BJ and others as much as they do is a good idea. Seriously, you can’t tell that they don’t see the clear drop off in talent between them especially when it comes to closing on the play and their play speed in general.

Just get this guy out of here already. This D obviously has the talent to be a decent unit but his stubbornness has destroyed it.
Or if you think the young guys weren't ready not getting help in the portal. There were a lot of baffling decisions this year but the defensive personnel ones to start the season are or near the top for me.

HC can't evaluate his breakfast
It was probably the most obvious non UM caliber player I have ever seen on film. TNM yes he's perfect....but the TOM nah. For a linebacker I thought it was the worst eval I have ever seen. I seen bad evals or even seen guys that were borderline and may have a chance but this guy.....**** nah. That's why I went crazy when we took him over Hyppolyte.

It was probably the most obvious non UM caliber player I have ever seen on film. TNM yes he's perfect....but the TOM nah. For a linebacker I thought it was the worst eval I have ever seen. I seen bad evals or even seen guys that were borderline and may have a chance but this guy.....**** nah. That's why I went crazy when we took him over Hyppolyte.
Hyppolyte is just as bad for Maryland. He’s only starting because of injuries.

Advertisement
LOL. MOAR mouth breathers bringing this up.

Rousseau was coming off a back injury from Fall camp and had to be eased into a larger number of snaps.

Can't fix stupid around here that dummies keep regurgitating the same tired talking points.
No doubt Rousseau is a special talent, but Patchan is starting to get a lot of NFL interest (projects to 3rd round or higher with good combine). He was All MWC 1st team last year and will repeat for 2021. He's having a great year with 10 sacks and 60 tackles.

It bothers me even more that the assistants allowed him to play those bums over the youngsters. Like WTF are they doing?? Get off your knees and say something.

Advertisement

Totally agree. Chase Smith should have been starting game one. Same could be said at othernpositions, but BJ and Steed just far too slow.

No doubt Rousseau is a special talent, but Patchan is starting to get a lot of NFL interest (projects to 3rd round or higher with good combine). He was All MWC 1st team last year and will repeat for 2021. He's having a great year with 10 sacks and 60 tackles.
He’s like 30 playing against 18 19 and 20 year olds . He should be balling

Lost track of him. Glad Patchen is doing well after everything he dealt with.

Advertisement
Back