Watching SMU and Memphis last night

Our coaching and schemes don’t fit our talent. Enos is the great failure of the staff. We’d be a one loss team with even a decent offensive coordinator In my opinion.

Advertisement
Where were these QB’s and WR when we were recruiting these kids we got?

Those two QB’s threw the ball all over the place to WR’s that never seemed to drop the ball.All those WR’s seemed to run like 4.4’s.

I can’t imagine any of these kids choosing SMU or Memphis over Miami if we had offered.Id take either of those QB’s and pretty much all of those receivers over the guys we are running out there.

Are our recruiters that bad at evaluations or does this “ never leave S.Fla. For skill positions “ mantra we’ve had for 30-40 years need to be re-visited?

Just curious as to how all these middle tier schools seem to find great QB’s and sure handed speedsters that catch everything while we struggle to find QB’s that are marginal at best and WR’s that seem to be running in mud and can only catch a pass ( sometimes) when it hits them square in the numbers.
It's called bad defense.

Ok after reading all these responses I understand what most of you are saying about the defenses in that league.

First thing is the defenses in the ACC aren’t the ‘85 Bears either.

And what I was talking about was just the catching and throwing part and the speed of those receivers.

We have maybe one WR JT ,that has the speed of those guys.The other guy that was supposed to be a blazer,Harley doesn’t look that fast and he can’t catch a cold.Both teams WRs seem to be lightning quick everywhere.The ma thing though is you don’t see guys dropping passes.These guys
Caught everything something we have a BIG problem with except for the kid from Buffalo,the one kid that recruited us.

And as to the QBs I was just talking about reading a defense and making accurate throws to the WR.No one on our team could hold either of those QBs jockstraps when it comes to playing the position and that would be the case whether they were in the SEC or playing 7 on 7.

I know everyone gets all up in arms when someone even hints at the fact that there just may actually be talent at the skill position outside of the 305.Id love to have the time to actually sit down and pull the rosters of the top 10 teams to see how many S. Fla players are actually on these teams.

All I’m pointing out is maybe we should expand our recruiting base cause if these two teams are able to get this type of talent which to me is waaaaay better man for man than ours is then there’s zero reason we shouldn’t be able too...

Advertisement
Back