WATCH: Kevaughn Dingle hauls in 2 TDs vs. Northwestern

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2017 Canes wide receiver commit Kevaughn Dingle had two big scores for his Carol City team last night to help push the Chiefs past Miami Northwestern in a thrilling 6A playoff game.

For weeks, CanesInSight has reported that Miami is cooling on Dingle, but you have to wonder if the coaches might reconsider as they look for receivers to fill out the 2017 class.

[video=youtube;mR6GtczdaF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR6GtczdaF0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Advertisement
I like the kid. Yeah, we need more burners, but what's wrong with a big kid who can catch the ball? I say stack the talent and worry about the rest later.

Looks like an ideal possession receiver

Need guys like him to complement speed

A year or two in Felder's weight training program and some speed training will get this kid down to a 4.5-4.6 40. More lean body weight and teach him how to run.

Should not be cooling on this kid. He's the type of SFla kid who becomes a Cane and works his *** off to proved he more than belongs. Or we could end up watching Kelvin Benjamin 2.0 play against us. I agree we need speed, but this kid wants to be a Cane and has put up numbers against SFla competition and he's gonna get faster.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
What's your opinion Pete, should he be a take for this class?

The speed is a legitimate concern and he disappeared at times this season, but yes I would take him based on how receiver recruiting is panning out.

They need WRs badly and there are no guarantees with the targets they're on.

I'm just not a huge fan. He's not big, fast, or quick.

Possession receivers aren't that difficult to find. If he sticks, great. But we need difference-makers at WR.

Advertisement
What's your opinion Pete, should he be a take for this class?

The speed is a legitimate concern and he disappeared at times this season, but yes I would take him based on how receiver recruiting is panning out.

They need WRs badly and there are no guarantees with the targets they're on.

So basically we are going to strike out on the big targets so need somebody

Advertisement
"yes I would take him based on how receiver recruiting is panning out."

That's very concerning.

Not necessarily. I think they get Harley, I really like Evidence Njoku, and I still believe they get 1 of Holloman/Smith. But why not add Dingle to the mix when it's not like they have an absolutely elite receivers group?

This guy screams Darrell Langham and Tyre Brady. Their recruiting rank, team offer lists and measurables are fairly similar (although Dingle is shorter than both). No offense, but he doesn't look like a difference maker. I know we need WRs, but I'm not sure he's going to help.

Advertisement
Personally, unless we get both Holloman and Smith, I think he is a take. I don't think he is like Langham, and I think Brady could have contributed this year. Maybe the kid will never be a star, but we need solid role players as well.

"yes I would take him based on how receiver recruiting is panning out."

That's very concerning.

Not necessarily. I think they get Harley, I really like Evidence Njoku, and I still believe they get 1 of Holloman/Smith. But why not add Dingle to the mix when it's not like they have an absolutely elite receivers group?

Hope you're right bud

Advertisement
Back