Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not bad at all.

He's mid.

He isnt as aggressive as others in it and is questionable in certain takes and priorities.

There isnt much rhyme to reason in our portal recruiting. We all in on some and then lukewarm n bargain bin shopping at other positions. Im cool on being fully all in on the portal. I like that approach.

Us fans know our team there is no reason for us to be over 85 and STILL have some glaring holes that absolutely need to be grabbed in the portal.

There is no reason me a random poster could state last year hey maybe we should be in the portal looking for a qb b4 spring....because tvd was waffled. **** im just happy we bought out cam ward but we sweated that. Look what we did at qb this portal year....I literally stated to do the EXACT thing last year (fcs guy to develop) and i dont get paid to do this lol
I think he was far more successful this go round.

I think we all wanted a stud WR and CB but every team with the exception of OLE P*SS didn’t get everything they wanted to in the portal.

He addressed all positions of need with significant upgrades except those two positions.

I’d say he did an above average job in the portal and still will be in play with a better understanding of what he has from the young bucks in those positions.

Advertisement
I do think people are overlooking the ACC a little bit right now. I know our schedule may seem weak, but I kind of disagree. Might not be a bunch of powerhouses, but there are certainly several pest teams that can easily catch us if we're having an off game. Duke, Wake, Syracuse, VT all do not seem like layups to me. Going to have to be focused and intentional every week. Cannot go in thinking any of those teams are just going to roll over.
IDGAF. We need to win and win in dominate fashion.

Every single one of those teams you listed are not in the same league as us when it comes to recruiting.

Switch Cam Ward for TVD and we win 10 games this year.

Tired of the excuses.

IDGAF. We need to win and win in dominate fashion.

Every single one of those teams you listed are not in the same league as us when it comes to recruiting.

Switch Cam Ward for TVD and we win 10 games this year.

Tired of the excuses.
I don't disagree. Expectations should be to beat them. I'm just saying I don't see them as a cakewalk.

I've known thats what its been the whole time which is why i keep going at those that nit pick portal guys and have some sort of holier than though thought proces son yea...WERE doing it the RIGHT WAY type of vibe..IT IS NO RIGHT WAY...its variables based on YOUR TEAM, recruiting base, conference, rivals etc.

They attack Deion for it..Double their wins...attack Lane for it. just keeps winning)...Prison Mike sucks..10+ wins 2 years in a row...at some point they are going to realize Hey......just mayyyybeee... lol

After stacking classes we are likely like the UGA'S, OSU's where u may fill 2-3 holes or beter talent at certain spots...but the catch 22 is...YOU HAVE TO WIN ...to stack classes on top of classes.

Dude, you know I love you, but you are conflating two things.

Nobody is saying "Lane Train sucks". Nobody is "attacking Deion".

Lane Train and Prison Mike are not great recruiters. Deion treats people like trash. That is not to say that they don't do OTHER things well.

Don't go down that dark cway pathway and boil everything down to "but they win games". That doesn't mean that they all get a pass from fair criticism.

Yeah, Deion went from 2 wins to 4 wins. On that basis, he should be immune from "attacks"? Don't act like he took Colorado from 5 wins to 10 wins.

Lane Train has NOT been a good HS recruiter. May be a helluva mind on offense. May be good in the Portal. Same EXACT thing with Prison Mike.

Again, the intelligent people on the board can comprehend SEPARATE criticisms of all of these coaches, without always turning it into a "but are you giving Mario a hard time too" contest.

I've made myself clear, while cway keeps trying to **** on everyone and act like we are saying things that we aren't saying. Lane Train and Prison Mike may be fine gameday coaches, but they are NOT great recruiters, even if they have a lot of playing time to offer Portal guys.

It's not that complicated.

Lane Train and Prison Mike are not great recruiters. Deion treats people like trash. That is not to say that they don't do OTHER things well.

Don't go down that dark cway pathway and boil everything down to "but they win games". That doesn't mean that they all get a pass from fair criticism.

Yeah, Deion went from 2 wins to 4 wins. On that basis, he should be immune from "attacks"? Don't act like he took Colorado from 5 wins to 10 wins.

Lane Train has NOT been a good HS recruiter. May be a helluva mind on offense. May be good in the Portal. Same EXACT thing with Prison Mike.

Again, the intelligent people on the board can comprehend SEPARATE criticisms of all of these coaches, without always turning it into a "but are you giving Mario a hard time too" contest.

I've made myself clear, while cway keeps trying to **** on everyone and act like we are saying things that we aren't saying. Lane Train and Prison Mike may be fine gameday coaches, but they are NOT great recruiters, even if they have a lot of playing time to offer Portal guys.

Maybe if TheOriginalIdiot didnt conflate TheOriginalQuestiont he wouldn't be down a rabbit hole. Hard to keep track when reading all that bull**** you write lmao.

Then again you'd just post a long *** diatribe about whatever other stupid ******* point you wanted to gobble up instead of addressing how leaving 3 spots open means you are a bad recruiter. But lets argue Norvell and transfer portal instead you ****** muse.

-Love ya

Advertisement
From what i know, Yes we are. Miami is very much still in it. Decision most likely coming tonight or really early tomorrow. But as of now, from what I am hearing, he has not decided either way. Still taking all the time permitted to make the best decision for him, his future & family.
Longer this goes the better for us or no correlation?

Advertisement
Ole Miss will have the top portal class but rank in 20’s in high school. They are top heavy with little foundation. That approach may get you wins quicker (see FSU) but the bottom can fall out just as quickly (see FSU).

I’d rather build from the bottom up as an organization. Mario may not be a great coach, but his approach from an organizational standpoint is better.

Whoever takes over for him down the road will be better off for it.
why are you using fsu and not ole miss?.
Is it because the bottom aint fall out there?. Didnt they win their bowl game?. Also ole miss is int he best division in football

Id rather build a winning organization no matter how its done. Which is why i stated there isnt 1 way to win or build its variables involved.

Our particular school is primed to be good in BOTH easily the portal and high school recruiting no sense in not going all in on both.

Why do you people continuously talk about the past instead of now? I guess you need to hear over and over yup the same acc we've never won and the same previous seasons etc. Now that it's been clarified I said what I said. The acc is in a rut RIGHT NOW when it relates to qb play. The only class in the league was maye and Travis & for yall flag toters you can feel free to say Tyler too. Well all 3 are gone. Cam and klubnick will get all the notoriety this season. Dj whatshisface is a game manager and not much else. So yeah like I said I'm not too scared of qb play in this league RIGHT NOW. I'm sure someone will step up but right now going into the season I can't think of any off the top of my head.
we lost to ga tech with whomeever they had...and Louisville is primed to win the acc.

Clemson wont take a step back this go. I havent checked on Nc much and Norvell is 10+ back to back at fsu but i expect a step back a lil.

We mich could make a move this year man.

I do think people are overlooking the ACC a little bit right now. I know our schedule may seem weak, but I kind of disagree. Might not be a bunch of powerhouses, but there are certainly several pest teams that can easily catch us if we're having an off game. Duke, Wake, Syracuse, VT all do not seem like layups to me. Going to have to be focused and intentional every week. Cannot go in thinking any of those teams are just going to roll over.
Facts

Advertisement
Have you looked at our schedule for the first half of the year? They inspire fear in you with those potent passing attacks. We play in the acc & our out of conference next season is a joke. Is what it is brother. We simply got different opinions. No pressure in that.
We don’t play one passing attack that should be us this year anyone saying otherwise is soft

we lost to ga tech with whomeever they had...and Louisville is primed to win the acc.

Clemson wont take a step back this go. I havent checked on Nc much and Norvell is 10+ back to back at fsu but i expect a step back a lil.

We mich could make a move this year man.
Primed to win the acc with what quarterback ? And they lost their best skill position players

Massive guy with good movement.
giphy.gif

Advertisement

I dont think Prison Mike is a good recruiter.

Lane Kiffin in my opinion is though. Hes a tier below guys like Mario but he aint down bad id say he is a good recruiter.

if he was here we wouldnt be out of the top 10 in recruiting in my opinion. He is specifically CHOSEN to use a prerequisite amount of spots in the transfer this is something he stated when we were running the portal b4 everyone had a grasp. HE HAS TO DO THIS BECAUSE HE IS IN THE SEC WEST and his school if not str8 on buying players will never collect the same amount of talent as others in their division.

You my guy...i wasnt saying you attack personally but others have shot down the others as not doing it the right way or whatever.

Abso

Absolutely! The longer and closer to the date and time that the decision needs to be made by, the more I like Miami to get him. They made a huge impact on him and have really made him think about his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back