Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand the narrative that Mario is a bad portal recruiter. Seems pretty stupid too me. Now if you were to say he’s brought in a mixed bag of portal guys I’d 100% agree with you. Which is why I only want difference makers going forward since we have enough serviceable depth now, but we need more ballers.

Advertisement
I don’t understand the narrative that Mario is a bad portal recruiter. Seems pretty stupid too me. Now if you were to say he’s brought in a mixed bag of portal guys I’d 100% agree with you. Which is why I only want difference makers going forward since we have enough serviceable depth now, but we need more ballers.
He's not bad at all.

He's mid.

He isnt as aggressive as others in it and is questionable in certain takes and priorities.

There isnt much rhyme to reason in our portal recruiting. We all in on some and then lukewarm n bargain bin shopping at other positions. Im cool on being fully all in on the portal. I like that approach.

Us fans know our team there is no reason for us to be over 85 and STILL have some glaring holes that absolutely need to be grabbed in the portal.

There is no reason me a random poster could state last year hey maybe we should be in the portal looking for a qb b4 spring....because tvd was waffled. **** im just happy we bought out cam ward but we sweated that. Look what we did at qb this portal year....I literally stated to do the EXACT thing last year (fcs guy to develop) and i dont get paid to do this lol

He's not bad at all.

He's mid.

He isnt as aggressive as others in it and is questionable in certain takes and priorities.

There isnt much rhyme to reason in our portal recruiting. We all in on some and then lukewarm n bargain bin shopping at other positions. Im cool on being fully all in on the portal. I like that approach.

Us fans know our team there is no reason for us to be over 85 and STILL have some glaring holes that absolutely need to be grabbed in the portal.

There is no reason me a random poster could state last year hey maybe we should be in the portal looking for a qb b4 spring....because tvd was waffled. **** im just happy we bought out cam ward but we sweated that. Look what we did at qb this portal year....I literally stated to do the EXACT thing last year (fcs guy to develop) and i dont get paid to do this lol
I also think Mario sells a lot of the HS recruits on early playing time....we haven’t went crazy in the portal and we also haven’t lost anything major in the portal either

Advertisement
He's not bad at all.

He's mid.

Facts

He's not bad at all.

He's mid.

Easier said than done bringing in a guy to be portal QB2 imo. Of course we all want quality backup QB.

He's not bad at all.

He's mid.

I think this year he needs to bring in a OC analyst like a Kenny Dorsey in case Dawson falters. I'm not sold on him

I think this year he needs to bring in a OC analyst like a Kenny Dorsey in case Dawson falters. I'm not sold on him
It’d be nice if we get him on staff to coach the QBs. Just not a plausible way to make that work. Unless you kick Joe to off field.

Advertisement
ummm no.

UGA won by buying up al the talent and THEN winning (also being in a weak division in the sec). They are also in a sustainable FOOTBALL state and located next to multiple FOOTBALL STATES like ours that will always supplement them.

Ohio State has NO competition in state...and only 1 competition maybe in the entire midwest for their recruits in Michigan.

This is why i say....VARIABLES.

I rather just WIN.... all that sustainable talk is just bs so you guys can deflect and state give MC more time he is building something because he didnt come out the gate firing win wise. Yall have no clue if its sustainable or not and the two guys yall are questioning sustainability have won 10+ twice in the last 3 soooo.....help me figure out.

Ole Miss will have the top portal class but rank in 20’s in high school. They are top heavy with little foundation. That approach may get you wins quicker (see FSU) but the bottom can fall out just as quickly (see FSU).

I’d rather build from the bottom up as an organization. Mario may not be a great coach, but his approach from an organizational standpoint is better.

Whoever takes over for him down the road will be better off for it.

Have you looked at our schedule for the first half of the year? They inspire fear in you with those potent passing attacks. We play in the acc & our out of conference next season is a joke. Is what it is brother. We simply got different opinions. No pressure in that.
The ACC that we have never won and have 4 times the amount of losing seasons then we do 10+ win seasons? Unless we're playing a Bethune cookman or awful FCS school then we can be beat or it will be a hard fought game down to the wire.

The ACC that we have never won and have 4 times the amount of losing seasons then we do 10+ win seasons? Unless we're playing a Bethune cookman or awful FCS school then we can be beat or it will be a hard fought game down to the wire.
Why do you people continuously talk about the past instead of now? I guess you need to hear over and over yup the same acc we've never won and the same previous seasons etc. Now that it's been clarified I said what I said. The acc is in a rut RIGHT NOW when it relates to qb play. The only class in the league was maye and Travis & for yall flag toters you can feel free to say Tyler too. Well all 3 are gone. Cam and klubnick will get all the notoriety this season. Dj whatshisface is a game manager and not much else. So yeah like I said I'm not too scared of qb play in this league RIGHT NOW. I'm sure someone will step up but right now going into the season I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Why do you people continuously talk about the past instead of now? I guess you need to hear over and over yup the same acc we've never won and the same previous seasons etc. Now that it's been clarified I said what I said. The acc is in a rut RIGHT NOW when it relates to qb play. The only class in the league was maye and Travis & for yall flag toters you can feel free to say Tyler too. Well all 3 are gone. Cam and klubnick will get all the notoriety this season. Dj whatshisface is a game manager and not much else. So yeah like I said I'm not too scared of qb play in this league RIGHT NOW. I'm sure someone will step up but right now going into the season I can't think of any off the top of my head.
We're coming off a 7-6 season. Until we prove we can consistently win we can't underestimate any of these teams and their QBs.

Advertisement
-Castellanos at BC is a talented young QB.
-Drones at VT is talented also threw for over 2,000 and 17 TDs, and ran for over 800 yards.
-DJU will be good enough where FSU will
Be competitive
-Murphy at Duke has lots of talent. Would imagine him having a good season in ACC
-Syracuse has McCord threw for over 3,000 with 24 TDS as a RS freshman
-Colandrea at UVA showed lots of promise as a true freshman got hurt though. I like his upside
-GT has King back who is a talented dual threat QB. Threw for almost 3000 yards with 27 TDs, and over 700 yards rushing with 10 rushing TDs.

While the ACC doesn't have name recognition at QB, I actually think their are a lot of talented QBs in the league, many with dual threat ability that can give defenses fits.

Hard to find many lemons at QB in the league for 2024.

Miami has the best though in Ward!

Let's hope and wish he picks up offense we stay healthy on OL and at skills positions.

-Drones at VT is talented also threw for over 2,000 and 17 TDs, and ran for over 800 yards.
Be competitive
-Murphy at Duke has lots of talent. Would imagine him having a good season in ACC
-Colandrea at UVA showed lots of promise as a true freshman got hurt though. I like his upside
-GT has King back who is a talented dual threat QB. Threw for almost 3000 yards with 27 TDs, and over 700 yards rushing with 10 rushing TDs.

While the ACC doesn't have name recognition at QB, I actually think their are a lot of talented QBs in the league, many with dual threat ability that can give defenses fits.

Let's hope and wish he picks up offense we stay healthy on OL and at skills positions.
I do think people are overlooking the ACC a little bit right now. I know our schedule may seem weak, but I kind of disagree. Might not be a bunch of powerhouses, but there are certainly several pest teams that can easily catch us if we're having an off game. Duke, Wake, Syracuse, VT all do not seem like layups to me. Going to have to be focused and intentional every week. Cannot go in thinking any of those teams are just going to roll over.

I don't know if Ward is the best of the bunch but we shall see. I did get the Pac 12 TV this year and saw about every game of Wash St except 2. He is an athlete and make things happen but has the tendency to turn the ball over. I hope that doesn't happen this year and he learns to protect the ball better.

Advertisement
I don't know if Ward is the best of the bunch but we shall see. I did get the Pac 12 TV this year and saw about every game of Wash St except 2. He is an athlete and make things happen but has the tendency to turn the ball over. I hope that doesn't happen this year and he learns to protect the ball better.
What'd you think of his receivers? From the bits I watched I thought they made some fantastic catches. Were they consistent?

Be competitive

Thanks for putting this together.

I guess years of losing brings me, perhaps others, to this point. I’m an oldie and these dudes are jags. Old Miami would wipe the surface with them and the only QB with NFL talent is our very own, Cam Ward. He is clearly the Top Dog. This team should win lots, and I mean lots!

Mario better get to the ACCCG. He has the money, staff, trainers, etc, etc. The only question is his meddling on gameday. Just get out of the way and let others cook!

Be competitive

Out of all those you mentioned, when we're talking about their ability as passers(because this whole thing is about the desire for a lockdown corner)I'm not overly impressed by any of those. However I will say I forgot about McCord and Murphy coming in. At the very least I do respect their arm talent. Just need to see what they bring in at this point cause neither is a really proven commodity. If anything to me what you just said illustrates more about the playmakers in the league than it does passers and I prioritize safety play for that.

Everyone has a tendency to turn the ball over when they are running for their life 2 seconds after the snap. He may still have those issues, although I doubt it as he will have more time to process what the defense is giving him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back