Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Who is saying they don't want us to take good players from the portal? I don't see a whole "fanbase dismissing it".

My preference is to build through HS recruiting and compliment with portal but thats far from dismissing it. I havn't seen a single person say they want us to be more like Clemson and not take portal guys. I guess when there isn't enough naturally going on, some people need to invent things to ***** about
K

Well, I strongly disagree. That is a farce created by CIS. In the year 2024 it takes a combination of both to be successful. I won't start celebrating fsu for you.

Nobody is saying you don't need "a combination of both", genius. People are saying that "HS recruiting" and "Portal recruiting" are different skillsets.

Reading comprehension. Not your strong suit.

K.

Advertisement
Nobody is saying you don't need "a combination of both", genius. People are saying that "HS recruiting" and "Portal recruiting" are different skillsets.

Reading comprehension. Not your strong suit.

K.
Idc what people are saying, both are forms of recruiting. If you're judging success based off roster spots remaining or rankings, you are dumber than I thought. Take care.

fans dismiss it but we live in it...im confused.
I think the issue is Manny was into it and i guess they equate portal work to Manny so are automatically against being GOOD in the portal
THIS. People remember Manny focusing on Deandre Johnson instead of Jermaine Johnson and say "portal bad." It's the entire basis for the "iTs nOt SUstAinaBle" crowd, all because Manny wasn't capable of sustaining it. Meanwhile, they memory wipe Roche, King, Rambo, Stevenson, etc...

Advertisement
Again, you've got nothing.

If, one day before the enrollment deadline, a P5 coach with 10 wins has 3 OVs left and 3 scholarships left...he might not be a good recruiter...

That concept is not complicated. Sorry that not everyone is on the Lane Train with you.
Not translating 10 win seasons into Top 15 recruiting classes is indicative that the HC doesn't care about HS recruiting, is not skilled at it, or a combination of both.

Not here to jump in the comprehensive argument, but certainly agree with TOC on this.

PS: I also dislike Lame...a lot. Biased, yes, but seeing him win 10 games twice at Ole Miss and not translating it to HS recruiting dominance is an undeniable issue. Ole Miss won 10 games in 2021 and finished 27th in HS rankings. 11 games this year and finished 17th. If that happened at Miami, we'd question Mario big-time. It's something that would happen to Manny Diaz. Win 10 games and still lose out on big-time kids.

PSS: If Mario/Miami wins 10 this year, we will be gunning for the #1 class and have a legit chance at it.

From what i know, Yes we are. Miami is very much still in it. Decision most likely coming tonight or really early tomorrow. But as of now, from what I am hearing, he has not decided either way. Still taking all the time permitted to make the best decision for him, his future & family.
Bang. Excellent info. Thank you!

Idc what people are saying, both are forms of recruiting. If you're judging success based off roster spots remaining or rankings, you are dumber than I thought. Take care.

Both are "forms" of recruiting. But "portal recruiting" has not been a thing until the last couple of years. So, for decades, the concept of "oh, he's a great recruiter" has been a description used for HIGH SCHOOL recruiting. And in THAT regard, both Prison Mike and Lane Train are sub-standard recruiters.

Again, I did not "judge success" based off of recruiting rankings. I made the comment on "roster spots remaining" as it relates to ONE coach and ONE particular situation.

Any intelligent poster realizes that "Portal recruiting" is very different. Short time frames, fewer visits, quicker decisions, and heavily driven by playing time opportunities, "starter guarantees", and/or short-term NIL opportunities. Some coaches are MUCH better in the Portal (especially Prison Mike) because "personality" matters less.

But, sure, tell us how a corch who went 12-16 in his first 28 games at F$U suddenly became a "great recruiter" simply because he won 19 straight games over 14 months.

Both are "forms" of recruiting. But "portal recruiting" has not been a thing until the last couple of years. So, for decades, the concept of "oh, he's a great recruiter" has been a description used for HIGH SCHOOL recruiting. And in THAT regard, both Prison Mike and Lane Train are sub-standard recruiters.

Again, I did not "judge success" based off of recruiting rankings. I made the comment on "roster spots remaining" as it relates to ONE coach and ONE particular situation.

Any intelligent poster realizes that "Portal recruiting" is very different. Short time frames, fewer visits, quicker decisions, and heavily driven by playing time opportunities, "starter guarantees", and/or short-term NIL opportunities. Some coaches are MUCH better in the Portal (especially Prison Mike) because "personality" matters less.

But, sure, tell us how a corch who went 12-16 in his first 28 games at F$U suddenly became a "great recruiter" simply because he won 19 straight games over 14 months.
Bob Ross Art GIF by NETFLIX

Advertisement
Advertisement
Portal recruiting and hs recruiting are 2 different things..you’re also selling 2 different things…guaranteed starter, probably more NIL, maybe last year and player is wanting to increase draft stock…also I hate the fact that some of yall act like we have to win every single recruiting battle..we are a 7 win average org and don’t have many draft picks the past 10 years…

lastly this kid doesn’t take away or add any wins this coming year im sorry its just another guard..play one of the mammoths weve been recruiting…go find some Dbs and WR

Look, don't take this the wrong way. You're just a terrible poster. You're really really bad at it.

And, hey, don't let that stop you from being the first guy to post a stupid "Holiday Inn Express" joke when a guy has a serious question on an age discrimination lawsuit. For some reason, you feel compelled to post, ESPECIALLY when you have nothing of substance to add.

But you're particularly bad at the football stuff. Like, terrible. You don't know anything, and then you make things worse with a bizarre and baseless sense of confidence in the bull**** that you spew.

Hey, you'll always have the meme game. I guess every board needs someone whose only contributions are memes.

Look, don't take this the wrong way. You're just a terrible poster. You're really really bad at it.

And, hey, don't let that stop you from being the first guy to post a stupid "Holiday Inn Express" joke when a guy has a serious question on an age discrimination lawsuit. For some reason, you feel compelled to post, ESPECIALLY when you have nothing of substance to add.

But you're particularly bad at the football stuff. Like, terrible. You don't know anything, and then you make things worse with a bizarre and baseless sense of confidence in the bull**** that you spew.

Hey, you'll always have the meme game. I guess every board needs someone whose only contributions are memes.
Take this the wrong way. You are smart and I agree with everything you say.

Edit: Wish you the best!

Yes it is.

The current CB group has very little experience, average speed as a collective & not a single one of them has any aspect of coverage that they excel in.

Plus whoever is responsible for teaching them the fundamentals of the position has done a poor job with getting them to understand how to defend against the Deep ball & opening up too early against in-breaking routes.

CB last year was below average against teams with a legitimate passing attack, the only time they looked decent was against teams that had sh*tty QB's who couldn't hit the Ocean standing at the edge of a Beach.

The CB group at Miami is not up to par on a championship level. There isn't a single playoff contending team that would trade their group for ours.
Have you looked at our schedule for the first half of the year? They inspire fear in you with those potent passing attacks. We play in the acc & our out of conference next season is a joke. Is what it is brother. We simply got different opinions. No pressure in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back