Washington starting LG Nate Kalepo commits to ole miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Stupid question who else is visiting this weekend ? I don’t see a thread on visitors this weekend unless it’s the 2025 one

If we using an OV on this cat, then the expectation for me is that we land him, we don’t have any OVs to waste.

Oh ya my Thoughts...THIS DUDE IS A DEFINATE TAKE... Im not sure why some are even questioning.

1.) GROWN MAN IN THE TRENCHES
2.) STARTING EXPERIENCE IN BIG GAMES AND A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
3.) PLAYED IN A GOOD diverse OFFENSE.
4.) KEEPS us with a low key PNW Pipeline ( I want to continue to target atleast 1 guy from that area a cycle) we have 3 PNW guys on roster now
5.) SAMOAN Pipeline
6.) Hes Huge ( PAUSE)

Offerthis dude a nice nil. Continue to give Mccoy or whomever the extra reps in jumbo sets and bring them along development wise. Injuries happen and they can be slotted in

Last edited:
Advertisement
Beyond spots idk why you wouldn’t take this guy. Samson likely misses spring or is limited.. stop factoring him in as a starter. Bell is a dude but juco is always a gamble. He needs development. The other guys are still a year away as well.

Anything that assures me that Lou Cristobal stays off the field is a great idea to me. Even if that means McCoy transfers after the spring. A sacrifice I’m willing to make and a good problem to have that we’ve never had… too much talent on the OL.

Hmm. With visits low you'd think wr/cb would be getting them. But having a drop in replacement for Cohen would be huge.

Fair.
I wouldn’t expect us to just give him the spot, but I’d be surprised at us bringing in a starter from the runner up champion and not at least have the expectation that he will be the guy and/or give him every opportunity to take that spot, especially with how tight we supposedly are for spots. I’m all for competition though, and like several have said, this will help our depth worst case. I never want to see Cristobal/Rodriguez taking snaps here again.
I agree with you, but I think at some point there has to be a negative effect on the group. You're a player Mario recruited out of high school and you've been under his development for a year or 2. Your coach brings in a transfer at your position. He's basically telling you he doesn't think you're good enough to be a starter. That has to be frustrating and make guys think about transferring out.

You want some of the guys at the bottom to transfer out, but you may wind up losing the future talent you wanted to keep because they were expecting meaningful game snaps next year. If Kalepo transfers in, everyone at that position gets pushed down.

Beyond spots idk why you wouldn’t take this guy. Samson likely misses spring or is limited.. stop factoring him in as a starter. Bell is a dude but juco is always a gamble. He needs development. The other guys are still a year away as well.

Anything that assures me that Lou Cristobal stays off the field is a great idea to me. Even if that means McCoy transfers after the spring. A sacrifice I’m willing to make and a good problem to have that we’ve never had… too much talent on the OL.
I was about to say if one of the youngings transfers out that means reps werent there.

Also guys are forgetting young developments hit campus..Plazz is already there and we can also stock back in next cycles portal if need be.

You take thi sguy as a one n done like Cohen last year.

Im not counting on Belll or Samson at the bookends to tough..i want them to get spot duty and acclimated similar to Mccoy this year.

Can this guy be Mongo?. Jon Feliciano? If so that is great in my eyes.

Advertisement
Oh ya my Thoughts...THIS DUDE IS A DEFINATE TAKE... Im not sure why some are even questioning.

1.) GROWN MAN IN THE TRENCHES
2.) STARTING EXPERIENCE IN BIG GAMES AND A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
3.) PLAYED IN A GOOD diverse OFFENSE.
4.) KEEPS us with a low key PNW Pipeline ( I want to continue to target atleast 1 guy from that area a cycle) we have 3 PNW guys on roster now
5.) SAMOAN Pipeline
6.) Hes Huge

Offerthis dude a nice nil. Continue to give Mccoy or whomever the extra reps in jumbo sets and bring them along development wise. Injuries happen and they can be slotted in
#6……

Hold On Reaction GIF by Desus & Mero

For me personally, I don't like this take.

But Mario/Mirabel are pretty trustworthy/reliable/proven track record on the OL so I trust them.
I have mixed feelings. Mario is making a run a winning the ACC and getting to the CFP in 2024. It puts future talent at risk of leaving and then you're back in the same boat next year looking for guys in the portal because the young talent isn't getting snaps and/or transferred out. It's a vicious cycle. At some point you have to get young players experience and let them become your starters.

Advertisement
There is a good chance I'm the high man on Mount Markel. idk.
He has 3 years left to play 2 correct? Even being high on him I think he can benefit from having time to adjust to this level as well as working on his body

Take all day. Throw him in the room and let them compete. Keep the pacific island pipe line open for the future.

Exactly. McCoy was lost against Rutgers and probably a reason Big Lou started.

Hopefully getting this guy or someone else at LG gives Kinsler and McCoy move time to develop.
People always say that, but development also requires meaningful playing time. I'm not saying don't take Kalepo, but it does risk losing guys to the portal. Mario better have a plan for McCoy and Kinsler that the young mean are aligned with or they could bounce.

Advertisement
Just want to point out that bringing in a transfer doesn't mean that you're not giving your home grown players a "chance" to compete.

We've brought in plenty of transfers that don't start. Let your players step up and beat them out if they're that good. Mario doesn't seem to hand out Starting jobs.

Devante Brown is a great example. We all thought he would be a starter here. Other like Gore, Lichtenstein, etc.

Stack chips and compete.
I disagree. in this case it sends a clear message to the young OGs that you are not good enough to start. We're not talking about a guy like Poff at the QB position who will have to compete with Jaccuri. You're bringing in a guy with national championship experience that will expect to start and the NIL dollars will support it.

I have mixed feelings. Mario is making a run a winning the ACC and getting to the CFP in 2024. It puts future talent at risk of leaving and then you're back in the same boat next year looking for guys in the portal because the young talent isn't getting snaps and/or transferred out. It's a vicious cycle. At some point you have to get young players experience and let them become your starters.
I get that being a concern down the road but right now the only guy who should even remotely being having those thoughts is McCoy. Aside from Francis, every other OL we brought in last year redshirted. Samson is coming off an injury/RS that he could benefit from the extra time to get acclimated. Finally every kid we signed this class needs a RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back