Washington DB Mishael Powell (Visiting UM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I feel like Leland shouldn’t get an OV, we are soo short on OVs and he isn’t a top prize. His offer list ain’t all that. Save it for really good players that we need to lock up. We should be able to get him for height w/o an OV
Seems like by the time leland visits the semester will have already started. If someone jumps in the portal in the next few weeks should just save the OV until they get closer to the summer enrollment date either way. We have seen how much commitments mean with portal players.

Length doesn't matter it's how you use it
jason sudeikis snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sandland.

Beau. Sandland.
Juco kids scare me ngl. Colbie Young was one of the few successes we've had in recent history.

My heart got ripped out of my *** when Robert Lockart and Beau Sandland (thanks Inday) didn't each win a Heisman here.

Bruh, who you telling. I thought Sandland was a mf, he aint do shiet lol.

Those 2, Kane Farquharson (sp?), several more. Hopefully Bell is a dude, although JUCO OL/DL seem to hit more often than skill positions IIRC.

Advertisement
Seems like by the time leland visits the semester will have already started. If someone jumps in the portal in the next few weeks should just save the OV until they get closer to the summer enrollment date either way. We have seen how much commitments mean with portal players.
Semester started today

Bruh, who you telling. I thought Sandland was a mf, he aint do shiet lol.

Those 2, Kane Farquharson (sp?), several more. Hopefully Bell is a dude, although JUCO OL/DL seem to hit more often than skill positions IIRC.
Kane was a good one in terms of bust. Dude was going to be a monster according to the Canesport board.

Advertisement
Juco kids scare me ngl. Colbie Young was one of the few successes we've had in recent history.

My heart got ripped out of my *** when Robert Lockart and Beau Sandland (thanks Inday) didn't each win a Heisman here.
Grew up with rob. Remember in middle school just thinking this kid will be in the league at something.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He played in the NFL for 3 years. He wasn't terrible. He just happened to be at Miami when Warlord was here and the receivers were actually really really good.
Wasn’t that the other juco TE Ford? He stuck around in the nfl a few years. I don’t think Sandland ever made it to the league

JUCO kids we’ve had (From what I recall):

Jeremy Shockey - ✅
Jerome McDougle - ✅
Bryant McKinnie - ✅
Ivan Mercer - ❌
Talib Humphrey - ❌
Alton Wright - ❌
Tyler McMeans - ❌
Patrick Hill - ❌
Delmar Taylor - ❌
Chase Ford - ❌
Darius Smith - ❌
Dalton Botts - ✅
LaDarius Gunter* - ✅
Ufomba Kamalu* - ✅
Beau Sandland - ❌
Michael Wyche - ❌
Calvin Heurtelou - ❌
Jerome Washington - ❌
Jahir Jones - ❌
Dayall Harris - ❌
Jhavante Dean - ❌
Ousman Traore - ❌
Lou Hedley - ✅
Colbie Young ✅
Shemar Kirk - TBD
Demetrius Freeney - TBD

So far, we have a 33% hit ratio on the JUCO players we’ve brought in; but if Kirk &/or Freeney become nothing more than JAGs taking up roster spots, we’ll be at a 31% hit ratio. 2 of our 8 guys were punters. This list doesn’t even include the slew of military prep guys we had come through who were absolutely ****. So we’re at about a 1:3 ratio in recruiting JUCO players, if my memory is correct and I captured all the JUCO guys from 1999-present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back