Was this a Fluke for Nkosi?

Mackmiller974

All ACC
I'm probably the founding member of the Nkosi Hater fan club but he looked real **** good tonight. His armed look explosive and he was putting the ball wherever tf he wanted to... If our WRs were worth a **** then Nkosi would of had 375 Yards 4TDs and led us to a win after being down 21-0 in just 3 Qtrs...

OK State has a solid secondary and Nkosi was lighting them up all night. Has he turned a corner or was this just the game of his life?

Advertisement
I'm probably the founding member of the Nkosi Hater fan club but he looked real **** good tonight. His armed look explosive and he was putting the ball wherever tf he wanted to... If our WRs were worth a **** then Nkosi would of had 375 Yards 4TDs and led us to a win after being down 21-0 in just 3 Qtrs...

OK State has a solid secondary and Nkosi was lighting them up all night. Has he turned a corner or was this just the game of his life?
OkSt does not have a solid secondary. But Nkosi definitely played well.

him standing in there and taking hits while tossing darts, only to see people dropping them got my nerves going.

especially that one he threw to brevin when he knew he was gonna get back flipped onto the ground. Stood in there, set his feet, threw it where it needed to be..

I don’t know. But at worst, he’s a good backup quarterback who has actually won games at this level. Since injuries happen as we just saw, I don’t understand anyone so eager to get rid of guys like this who at the very least can help hold down the fort after an injury. If he transfers, and King is not ready until October, well then God bless the chirren

Lost me at the first sentence
That was not his best game since getting here.. it’s just hit or miss with him. But he looked great!

Advertisement
I would not lose faith in Perry because he certainly looked real good tonight. If King is not 100% he should be given equal opportunity to compete for the starting job. As good as King was this year he laid goose eggs in the Clemson, NC, and Okla St games. All three games were the most meaningful games.

I think we have to consider that Perry, with a real coordinator, could be a real contributor. Until Rhett, he has had garbage coaching. Dude has the deep ball fo sho.

He was fantastic tonight. Much respect for that kid. Almost everyone would have completely gone in the tank or quit, given his path (some self-inflicted, but still). But he was ready to go tonight. The ball to Pope was an All-pro NFL throw. He deserved to win that game. The receivers failed him, but he deserves some props. He was really good, and MUCH improved.

Advertisement
Cautiously very impressed with his performance tonight. He did everything he could to win that game for Miami but in his career he has been known to have games like that. Seems like he kinda feeds off that ability to come in and lead the team back...see the VT game last yr when he came in and almost brought them back. But he's been known to lay an egg after as well...either way I would love to have him back next year with Kings status uncertain now

Let say we had a game next week, you just get the feeling he'd come out and Sht the bed...

It was legit. He’s serviceable and nothing more. He was overhyped because he threw nothing but deep balls in High school and his strength is getting vertical. He still probably can’t throw sideline to sideline.

Advertisement

The issue with Nkosi has always been consistency. He has had good games before but followed by stinkers.

He played well and benefited from OSU not prepared for him. He benefited by Lashlee having to throw away designed QB runs. I wouldn't trust Perry as a full-time starter, though. Not based on one game.

And, he played well. The WRs catch a few of those drops and Perry wins the game.

Advertisement
I don’t think this was a fluke. This is a system he can flourish in and he can make every throw.
But can he be consistent enough week to week? Nobody knows.

All I can say for sure is that he’s a tough kid and deserves all the credit in the world for what he did tonight. He should be putting an MVP trophy on his mantle right now.

He played a **** good game and has matured a lot since his early amateur PH career, give the man his props.

Advertisement
Back