Was there a follow up article to this Diaz one?

Advertisement
I don't know about 90%, but that just means that the 10% of us that are fans must be really awesome people to be around. So every time you see a mope post, let it boost your ego a little.

I will say it's noticeable to see the difference between alumni and fans. It's pretty obvious that the ones who want to sell half the campus to drop bags aren't alumni.

And 90% of the fanbase are not alumni. Hence my point there.

They also want to completely disregard the University for any modicum of football success.

DCEE7D91-5ADE-407F-AEC6-35AE4513F1DB.jpeg

Advertisement
You think it happens?

Beating Mack I can see, winning the ACCCG is can not

I don't see anything in extremes with this team. I believe we are a more talented team than UNC so we should beat them. But Mack knows Diaz' defense as much as anyone save Mullen. And he is in his head. It's up to Manny to overcome his demons.

Regarding the ACCCG, I believe we are the lesser talented team vs Clemson. That doesn't mean we don't win though. Both teams could be radically different, for better or worse, by the end of the season.

Of course they're homers, that's their bread and butter.

We'll have to see what impact having Shoop around will have. I can't imagine him not being prepared for UNC. Even if Manny is the DC, you know if there's a weakness, Shoop will point it out.

Not being an a-hole, but I keep hearing Shoop’s name as a fixer. Can u or anyone else explain the fascination?

I’ll put it like this; once he left under Franklin, Shoop’s defense has ranked 70th, 83rd, 2nd, and 73rd as a DC over the last four years. If I’m not mistaken, he was in an off field role helping w/ the S @ Michigan, and Michigan’s pass defense was 96th.

So over the last 5 yrs, w/o being w/ Franklin, Shoop has been pretty ***. Again, not trying to be combative; just wondering r we placing undue pressure or hope on him.

Not being an a-hole, but I keep hearing Shoop’s name as a fixer. Can u or anyone else explain the fascination?

I’ll put it like this; once he left under Franklin, Shoop’s defense has ranked 70th, 83rd, 2nd, and 73rd as a DC over the last four years. If I’m not mistaken, he was in an off field role helping w/ the S @ Michigan, and Michigan’s pass defense was 96th.

So over the last 5 yrs, w/o being w/ Franklin, Shoop has been pretty ***. Again, not trying to be combative; just wondering r we placing undue pressure or hope on him.
Shoop has been in contention for winning the Broyles Award twice, so I think there is some magic to his name. Besides, he has been coaching some really good units. MSU had a defense under him that was pretty **** good whilst playing in the SEC.

It also helps that he has coached in the SEC and has a lot of experience there. He also had some really good units against the pass (https://eu.freep.com/story/sports/c...01/17/bob-shoop-michigan-football/4493295002/), his defenses just **** the bed against the run (which isnt neccessarily on the DC, it could be, but I am lacking the film to prove or deny that).

Our defenses could look more exotic in the future, we have so many athletic players that can play multiple positions, and he has shown in the past that his defenses bring the heat from everywhere.

Sure. It's an extra pair of eyes looking at film and spotting weaknesses and patterns. It's an experienced advisor that can point out problem that Manny might not see being too close to the work.

I know the value of peer review. I've seen a developer go down the wrong path and just having a discussion about their project plan would correct or prevent problems.

For me, it's not Shoop himself as it is having better planning.

Advertisement

First and foremost my man, you’re no a-hole.

Secondly, I think it’s a fair to question his recent performance. Hopefully, taking a step back into an analyst role will provide him some perspective on his previous successes and failures. Whatever the case may be, having another experienced set of eyes in the D room surely helps with the overall game planning.

I

Because thats what happens here. With players and coaches.

Of course they're homers, that's their bread and butter.

We'll have to see what impact having Shoop around will have. I can't imagine him not being prepared for UNC. Even if Manny is the DC, you know if there's a weakness, Shoop will point it out.
Why can’t we just get the truth? Why does everything have to be sugar coated with some positive Miami spin. I think at this point we can handle the truth.

Why can’t we just get the truth? Why does everything have to be sugar coated with some positive Miami spin. I think at this point we can handle the truth.
That's what this place is for.

No site that relies on fans to pay their bills is going to be overly critical of their team. @pacusmc once wrote, "Everyone is looking for affirmation and not information." That is especially true with sports fans.

Advertisement
When u watch Shoops defenses in the last 5 years u can see why he’d be a fit here. That 2018 Mississippi State defense looks identical to a Manny Diaz defense. Abrams at Striker was a savage.

Honest question, after reading that last paragraph surely a follow up was warranted. No?
The followup is still in the making.
Good God man, you don’t like Diaz, we get it.
We know you don’t like Diaz. There. Now relax.

The followup is still in the making.
Good God man, you don’t like Diaz, we get it.
We know you don’t like Diaz. There. Now relax.
Is it? I swear they played Mack and UNC twice since the article didn't they? Or is your head in the sand Alice??

Advertisement
First and foremost my man, you’re no a-hole.

Secondly, I think it’s a fair to question his recent performance. Hopefully, taking a step back into an analyst role will provide him some perspective on his previous successes and failures. Whatever the case may be, having another experienced set of eyes in the D room surely helps with the overall game planning.

Honestly bro, when I heard the name, I was puzzled w/ the hype. But I don’t follow other programs like I do us, so I thought I took the fam’s excitement and rolled w/ it. I didn’t really look into him, until now. So I was just curious. But hopefully more eyes, along w/ experience will help us. I will say at least Manny has surrounded himself w/ guys who’ve coached at other P5 programs on his side of the ball.

Sure. It's an extra pair of eyes looking at film and spotting weaknesses and patterns. It's an experienced advisor that can point out problem that Manny might not see being too close to the work.

I know the value of peer review. I've seen a developer go down the wrong path and just having a discussion about their project plan would correct or prevent problems.

For me, it's not Shoop himself as it is having better planning.

Ty; appreciate the response.

Is it? I swear they played Mack and UNC twice since the article didn't they? Or is your head in the sand Alice??
So why do you need help to draw your own conclusions. Or are you bent on being a duck?
We get, Gooner don’t like Diaz!

Advertisement
Back