Was talking to a QB who played against both Carter and Burns

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
He told me that he thinks Burns is overrated at Safety, but that you can't teach his speed. Likes him at corner a lot more. Says his instincts aren't the greatest, but again said that his athleticism causes problems because he can break on a ball so quickly once he recognizes it.

With Carter, it was a simple response "He's the real deal"

Advertisement
Advertisement
so we got deon, rayshawn, and carter. for safety

burns, howard, crawford, davis, dortch for cb, whos gonna start ?

so we got deon, rayshawn, and carter. for safety

burns, howard, crawford, davis, dortch for cb, whos gonna start ?

Everyone. After what we've been put through watching our DBs, I'd play them all at the same time just to eliminate the nightmares.

I remember last season I'd get anxious as **** when I saw some of the DB combinations out there.

id really like to see them all play to finally some talent out there

artie burns.jpgartie burns 2.jpg

Advertisement
Saw them both play against CCHS. Burns looks like a kid who just started playing football, but he has a **** ton of athleticism. He's also not afraid to make contact. I prefer that he play corner, and depending on how we use him, I think that he could be a terror at nickel. He's quick enough to stay with slot wr's, in a zone he would just have to get underneath number#1 and collide any routes that cross his face, and he would bring crazy speed if he blitzes.

I like this combo as a secondary:

CB- Tracy Howard
CB- Deon Bush
NB- Artie Burns
S- Jamal Carter
S- Rayshawn Jenkins

everyone keeps forgetting gunter. i about bet he will be starting or getting alot of PT at one of the corner spots.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];674995 said:
everyone keeps forgetting gunter. i about bet he will be starting or getting alot of PT at one of the corner spots.

What about Gunter at S, kid has the size?

Saw them both play against CCHS. Burns looks like a kid who just started playing football, but he has a **** ton of athleticism. He's also not afraid to make contact. I prefer that he play corner, and depending on how we use him, I think that he could be a terror at nickel. He's quick enough to stay with slot wr's, in a zone he would just have to get underneath number#1 and collide any routes that cross his face, and he would bring crazy speed if he blitzes.

I like this combo as a secondary:

CB- Tracy Howard
CB- Deon Bush
NB- Artie Burns
S- Jamal Carter
S- Rayshawn Jenkins

Sick line up in the backfield, but dam, no love for my boy Crawford? Im telling you, this kid is going under the radar big time. He is arguably the fastest DB in this year's class and not to mention that he is a game changer with the ball in his hands.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back