Was Ken Dorsey ever assigned #12?

Brock_Berlin

Recruit
Hi, was looking for a question on Ken Dorsey's Freshman season I believe.

Does anyone know if he wore or was assigned #12 that year before it was given to Zachary Hart, I believe it was?

Recently saw a jersey that was officially team issued in 1999 and has Dorsey's last name on the back but he is wearing #12 not 11.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and Go Canes!

Advertisement
Not sure about Dorsey, but Marc Guillon who played at Miramonte High School, same as Dorsey and followed him to Miami before transferring to Bama wore #12 at UM. More of a factoid than the answer you're looking for...I love bourbon.

Go Canes!

I don't recall Dorsey EVER having #12 . Back then the equipment room would put any name you wanted on a jersey. They often had, for example, several extra #44 jerseys that wouldn't have had the name Morgan on back. If you wanted to, when you bought the jersey from them, they would add the name to it. They were cool to deal with back in the day.

I don't want to make a new thread but how's this for trivia? What # did Santana Moss wear his true freshman year? No cheating!

OP to answer your question the answer is that Dorsey was #11 from beggining to end. I'm sure of it.

Sounds similar to a Brock Berlin jersey in my possession. I think the question is did he redshirt? He started games as a freshman (I believe) and I know I've seen the old school (pre Nike revolution) on him. My BB jersey is actually #8 , though he wore #7 during games he played. He sat out one season (2002?) and I've even found pictures of him wearing #8 on the sidelines. I personally don't recall seeing him wear anything but 11.

Advertisement
How about this one for trivia... Name all 4 Ethenic Sands jersey numbers..... I can't remember them all, I just remember he changed 4 times.

Dorsey got playing time as a freshman in 99 and wore 11. Don't think he ever changed numbers.

I remember Sands being #7 and #15 but I had no idea he changed numbers four times.

Advertisement
Ok, he wore #2 his freshman year, and I BELIEVE 29 his redshirt freshman year... Followed by 15 and 7, I believe...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back