Was just at the HECHT

Advertisement
Time to roll up the sleeves and contribute because we did it in 1983 and will do it again in 2014!
0 replies 19 retweets 22 favorites
Alonzo Highsmith @alonzohighsmith · 56m 56 minutes ago

Can't sit idle any longer watching the deterioration of support and it's going to take major dollars...
0 replies 19 retweets 29 favorites
Alonzo Highsmith @alonzohighsmith · 1h 1 hour ago

Former Miami athletes will be on the board of directors and already several have volunteered :)
0 replies 33 retweets 37 favorites
Alonzo Highsmith @alonzohighsmith · 1h 1 hour ago

Just had a guy message me and willing to donate 5,000 bucks when we set up the Build the U private fund!
0 replies 20 retweets 27 favorites
Alonzo Highsmith @alonzohighsmith · 2h 2 hours ago

You wanna win it's going to take major dollars but every dollar & dime counts ! If you can only donate 5 bucks it counts...
0 replies 29 retweets 28 favorites

"BUILDING THE U"
0 replies 27 retweets 38 favorites

I will take all ideas and will need some attorneys to set up a trust fund , 501c etc...
0 replies 12 retweets 13 favorites

Hopefully there's someone in Miami that can help set up the trust fund and we do it the right way! A board of directors etc...
0 replies 17 retweets 21 favorites

We built the school into a national brand and received basically nothing in return so we will build it ourselves !
0 replies 39 retweets 45 favorites

Doesn't look like the school is going to do anything of significance for the sports program so we will do it ourselves !
0 replies 27 retweets 35 favorites

1st ever grassroots football fundraiser for the univ Miami sports program by the athletes. I think we can raise 25 million :)
0 replies 44 retweets 55 favorites

I am in as long as the school has nothing to do or say about the money. Other schools have huge funds like this.

How amazing would it be if former players, alumni, fans, etc. funded a buyout to fire fat Al...think of the message that would send to recruits about the family that is UM.

Advertisement
the interesting angle to Alonzo's tweets is to create the fund outside of the University and to be able to use it as leverage. not sure that will happen though.

How amazing would it be if former players, alumni, fans, etc. funded a buyout to fire fat Al...think of the message that would send to recruits about the family that is UM.

Feels like a kickstarter idea!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back