Was it Steele or Flagg who messed up on the 4th and 9.

Odin

Junior
When we were up 21-17 and had momentum Duke went on an 18 play drive and dominated from there on.On that drive they converted 2 4th downs and 1 was a 4th and 9.Flagg was the only one in the middle but he back peddled about 20 yds to where the safeties were and allowed an easy 1st down.Did Steele call that crap or did Flagg messe up and loss where he was.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When we were up 21-17 and had momentum Duke went on an 18 play drive and dominated from there on.On that drive they converted 2 4th downs and 1 was a 4th and 9.Flagg was the only one in the middle but he back peddled about 20 yds to where the safeties were and allowed an easy 1st down.Did Steele call that crap or did Flagg messe up and loss where he was.
Mutual effort on the play they both take blame.

Advertisement
Flagg dropped all the way to safety and Williams came up to play the back.

I'd say Williams is better in coverage, but why design it like that? Flagg should never be the last defender back there in the middle of the field.

Strange call for sure.

I legit thought Steele would be much better as DC this season, I was definitely wrong on that.

I wasn’t too fond on the Gattis & Ponce hires to say the least, but I’ll hold a L on the Steele hire.

And what’s up with Charlie Strong & Addae, do the 2 of them even attend Defensive meetings?

The 3 units of the Defense look like they don’t even know they play on the same team, like it’s their first time seeing each other on Saturdays lol

I legit thought Steele would be much better as DC this season, I was definitely wrong on that.

I wasn’t too fond on the Gattis & Ponce hires to say the least, but I’ll hold a L on the Steele hire.

And what’s up with Charlie Strong & Addae, do the 2 of them even attend Defensive meetings?

The 3 units of the Defense look like they don’t know they play on the same team, like it’s their first time seeing each other on Saturdays lol
I still feel we need a OC more than a DC

Advertisement
I don’t understand Steele. He was good everywhere else. I watched dude at Auburn tear **** up. It’s like he forgot how to coach.

Charlie Strong, knows defense, but wtf? Everyone here knows Flagg and 4 aren’t good together. Everyone knows Flagg isn’t a 3 down lb. **** is crazy..

Advertisement
I don’t know how Steele keeps getting a pass
Steele’s job is to call a defense that puts players in position to make plays and prevent the offense from scoring.

Duke had 5 drives that started inside our 40. Our defenders were in position to make plays all day. Our tackling is 🤮

Advertisement
Back