Was Enos really stolen...

miamicanephins

Paid in Full
from under sabag, or was he "let" go?

What I can't under stand is when you have a right handed qb, the left tackle spot is the most important position on the line. If the freshman is the best available, fine, that points to a recruiting problem. But when he is constantly getting beat and no adjustments are made to get him some help, What is Enos thinking?!?

Change up the snap count, throw a te over there to help, attack the de with screens, quick passes, sweeps,....

No adjustments were made at halftime, to one of the most basic, but important elements of football, blocking. The failure to help the kid out is unbelievable.

I don't blame Nelson one bit, he battled the best he could all game. This is on the coaches.

Where was Butch Barry in all this? He should have been in Enos' face fightening for his 'guys'.

This needs to be Enos on Monday.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
I wasn't in Orlando; i watched the game on tv. It's hard to really get the whole picture from the tv coverage. I did notice a few times #44 on the field but standing by himself when the play ended I couldn't figure out who it was so I finally looked up the team roster. Realus George. I have to believe his job was to help block. He most definitely didn't do that from what I could see.

I also saw Cam Harris completely miss helping out Nelson during one of the plays Jarren got sacked.

I imagine today's film review will be lengthy and ugly.......

Apparently we'll have to worry about him leaving for Michigan State. lmao.

Practice non-stop until next game in 2 weeks the o-line was just as bad as last year 14 sacks is inexcusable and the line needs punished for their crappy blocking and Jeff Thomas miffed punt costs us also we could of and should of won twice in the red zone coming away with no points is horrible and so many penalties

Advertisement
I wanted to win that game so bad - but reading the posts is making me laugh out loud!

Let me tell some of you younger ones something - there are going to be days - when everything that can go wrong - will. It's a fact, and if you haven't had some yourself - well, you're in for some real surprises.

This was one of those nights. Big game. Great expectations. On everyone.

Thirty people can watch that game, give their opinion on what went wrong - and you'd have thirty different reasons given!

This one's in the books. We have another game in two weeks - and we'll be working to correct some of the more glaring mistakes - I'm pretty sure.

I went through this with Howard! Many games! I went thorough this with Jimmy Johnson! I went though this with Erickson! And I really went through this with Butch - as he too, was like starting from scratch!

Watch though, we'll get better as the season goes on - better each week - and that would include players and coaches.

It's a team. It's just that last night - the gears never got into synch.

from under sabag, or was he "let" go?

What I can't under stand is when you have a right handed qb, the left tackle spot is the most important position on the line. If the freshman is the best available, fine, that points to a recruiting problem. But when he is constantly getting beat and no adjustments are made to get him some help, What is Enos thinking?!?

Change up the snap count, throw a te over there to help, attack the de with screens, quick passes, sweeps,....

No adjustments were made at halftime, to one of the most basic, but important elements of football, blocking. The failure to help the kid out is unbelievable.

I don't blame Nelson one bit, he battled the best he could all game. This is on the coaches.

Where was Butch Barry in all this? He should have been in Enos' face fightening for his 'guys'.

This needs to be Enos on Monday.

View attachment 95239
His offense was better than anything richt put on the field last year. I didn't see one series where our rb ran into the back of the line 3 straight times for no gain. As bad as the line played the offense was entertaining when he wasn't getting sacked.

I wanted to win that game so bad - but reading the posts is making me laugh out loud!

Let me tell some of you younger ones something - there are going to be days - when everything that can go wrong - will. It's a fact, and if you haven't had some yourself - well, you're in for some real surprises.

This was one of those nights. Big game. Great expectations. On everyone.

Thirty people can watch that game, give their opinion on what went wrong - and you'd have thirty different reasons given!

This one's in the books. We have another game in two weeks - and we'll be working to correct some of the more glaring mistakes - I'm pretty sure.

I went through this with Howard! Many games! I went thorough this with Jimmy Johnson! I went though this with Erickson! And I really went through this with Butch - as he too, was like starting from scratch!

Watch though, we'll get better as the season goes on - better each week - and that would include players and coaches.

It's a team. It's just that last night - the gears never got into synch.
Yea. It's just exacerbated by the fact that in college football almost every game is do or die (assuming you think the playoff is a reasonable goal, which, up to you but I think it's more fun to be a little crazy and believe). You're right though. Maddening that the game was there for the taking.

Advertisement
Someone posted his teams rankings when he was an OC at other schools. They got worse every year. Why is that? I was underwhelmed with the hire, but I eventually drank the Kool Aid. Now I have a pain in my stomach, and I think Jim Jones is somewhere laughing at me.

Apparently we'll have to worry about him leaving for Michigan State. lmao.

Yes please. Then bring in Bedenbaugh from Oklahoma. OL recruiting and play should improve (established track record) and Miami will finally have a 21st century offense. Really though, what was Enos's brilliance? Playaction and motion concepts? He didn't bring anything new to the table (I was skeptical of the hire in the first place- yet another pro style guy). Diaz made it known that Enos was the only OC he was interested in. Even Major Applewhite would have been preferable.

bama has dogs, its abig shocker when not everyones a 5 star. U can run the wishbone at Bama and they would win, for christs sake Shannon ran a basic cover 2 and won and the offense Coker won with was basic af thing was we had dogs everywhere.

RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT

HOW big was the Evan Neal loss for this first game? It was catastrophic

Jesus Christ.

It's taken one game, where we lost by 4 points in a hostile environment to the #8 team after finishing 7-6 last year, for half of this board to question everything. Players, coaches, fitness coach.

It takes time to turn things around. Good lord.

Advertisement
Jesus Christ.

It's taken one game, where we lost by 4 points in a hostile environment to the #8 team after finishing 7-6 last year for half of this board to question everything. Players, coaches, fitness coach.

This surprises you on this board?

Jesus Christ.

It's taken one game, where we lost by 4 points in a hostile environment to the #8 team after finishing 7-6 last year, for half of this board to question everything. Players, coaches, fitness coach.

Been waiting for 15 years and 5 coaches.

Been waiting for 15 years and 5 coaches.
With the exception of Erickson and Coker who were gifted elite personnel, all of our coaches struggled year 1. Unfortunately you're going to need to wait to see how this thing pans out. I hope you didn't expect NC this year. We finally have a QB that looks like he actually has the means to win. Won't be this year though.

Advertisement
This board really can’t remember a single offensive game plan from last season to compare to what we saw last night. Last night was quantum physics compared to what we have been used to. Issue was our personnel didn’t live up to the expectations expected... in the trenches.

It's not a proper CIS thread until the slurppers and apologists show up...

Enos had all summer to prepare and what happened? He went and shot his load on the first series and then proceeded to roll over and go to bed for the rest of the game.

The offensive guru/quarterback whisperer made no adjustments at halftime and the Canes came out and put up a total of 34 yards for the entire 2nd half. But you guys carry on. And what happened to those plays run on the first series?

I'm sure we'll beat UNC and we'll score a lot of points against BCC, but what are the chances someone else 'steals' Enos from Miami?

Advertisement
Back