Was Brad kaaya holding us back?

Kaaya was immobile. Decent arm, not great. Accurate but not quick release. And not great at moving through progressions. Or dealing with pressure in the pocket. Tbh his coaches probably got what they could out of him. He put up good stats. Not sure he could have done much better. Those teams werent very good for multiple reasons. Richt has changed the culture. And Rosier's mix of strengths and flaws at least allow him to vary the game plan a bit. There is only so much you can do with Kaaya. If he had a bit stronger arm, a bit quicker release, a bit better feel ffor the pocket, a bit more ability to get to his third read without signaling his intent, he'd be on an NFL roster not a practice squad.

Advertisement
Brad Kaaya was non-mobile and he made a lot of bad reads on throws that was picked off!! SO my answer would have to be YES..

Advertisement
Lulz @ this thread we just can't leave Brad in the past.. he did a good job based on the external factors he had to deal with throughout his career.. leave him be while we embrace the something new

Brad Kaaya was non-mobile and he made a lot of bad reads on throws that was picked off!! SO my answer would have to be YES..

Rosier made bad reads on 2 of the 3 picks He threw last night.

The last 3 weeks this team has won in spite of Rosier, not because of Him.

This defense is one bad game away from this team getting blown out, hopefully it doesn't come to that...Rosier's gonna have to tighten up.

Kaaya holds many UM passing records.
Rosier will get us a Coastal championship.
Take your choice..

Advertisement
Kaaya holds many UM passing records.
Rosier will get us a Coastal championship.
Take your choice..

Wow, if the choice was that simple and there weren't so many other contributing factors, such as coaching, talent levels on the rest of the team, etc.

I guess the Golden and Richt staffs were so stupid to pick Kaaya over Rosier 3 years in a row. It was so obvious that Rosier was a slam dunk. :eek:

For all you slurpers to put on your night table:

Kaaya.jpg

Rosier’s running was very critical to that game. I’ll live with his inaccuracies at times because he can do a lot with his legs. Rosier looked pretty fast on that first run too.

Advertisement
Yes he held us back which is what I've always said for the entire 3 years he was our starter... ppl like to bring up his lack of mobility ONLY when making these remarks but that's not the case. He was a terrible qb when it mattered. Killed too many drives with his lack of accuracy

Just compare last year's VT game to this year's VT game and you'll have your answer

Yeah because Brad Kaaya was the one who scheduled the Thursday night roadie in Blacksburg on 5 days rest.

No.... but Brad Kaaya was far less mobile. Our oline was getting abused and his lack of mobility didn't help, which is part of the reason we gave up 8 sacks. Malik's ability to use his legs really took a lot of pressure off our oline and opened things up overall.

Advertisement
Just compare last year's VT game to this year's VT game and you'll have your answer

Not really fair to Kaaya, the entire offensive line was basically injured that game.

I'm sure Brad's career would have been much different had a decent head coach and stayed this year.

Forgot the most important thing, he needed to extend plays with his feet and couldn't. We wouldn't be 8-0 with Kaaya as our QB this year, no way!

The old coaching staff held us back not Kaaya. Kaaya wasn't great but he sure wasn't the problem.

No.... but Brad Kaaya was far less mobile. Our oline was getting abused and his lack of mobility didn't help, which is part of the reason we gave up 8 sacks. Malik's ability to use his legs really took a lot of pressure off our oline and opened things up overall.

Rosier is a better runner than he is a scrambler.

You know what takes pressure off the offensive line? Only throwing it 21 times and giving up 10 points on defense.

Advertisement
Back