Warren Sapp on the Pivot

If I was UM I would take any memory of him and throw it in the garbage. He is a pos and a terrible human. He does not need to be influential with any young player at UM.

Everyone has their story on why he is a pos mine is: I was flying out of a private airport in NYC once with a friend. There were 6 of us waiting inside and asap walks in with a group of 4 people. I was probably 15-18 at the time.

I stand up, wearing a UM hat and I said “Warren” to get his attention. No response, so I said it again thinking he didn’t hear me even though he was 5 feet in front of me.

He looks right over my head and says “who here thinks they have the right to call me by my first name”

Then he and his crew got out and walk to their limo.
So throw all his accomplishments (most decorated cane ever btw), because he wasn’t friendly with u? Lol thats ***ed up but relax you’ll be alright

Advertisement
Met him once, that was enough. Told him I was a big fan of his and was a lifelong Hurricanes football fan.
He was a total 8===D to me.

So throw all his accomplishments (most decorated cane ever btw), because he wasn’t friendly with u? Lol thats ***ed up but relax you’ll be alright
None of us deny that he was a legendary player, the issue is that he CONSISTENTLY treats people like trash. It doesn't cost you anything to be civil to people that approach you with respect.

I've been fortunate enough to meet a lot of Miami letterwinners over the years, Sapp is BY FAR the worst I've ever met. He's your typical douchebag, being a legend doesn't excuse the things he's done over the years.

It’s amazing how many so-called fans come up with these Sapp stories. Sapp acts like most of the real Florida dudes from back in the day, everything is just so pussyfied now. You never hear this type thing from his peers though because they were alphas too.

If you think Sapp was out of line you should have checked him, like any of his boys would do. Otherwise you really shouldn’t put these blanket statements out there if you don’t really know him. Sapp is loved and respected in the football community Period.

I mean, you just saw him hanging out at Legends Camp - did he look like he was being an ******* out there? I think not.
Being an ******* isn't being "real", it's being a douchebag. It's the jocksniffers that enable these athletes, you can be great at something and actually be decent to people at the same time. Sapp, like Michael Jordan and countless others use their fame to bully people. I will never respect that. I've been fortunate enough to meet guys that understand that being civil to fans, especially ones that are respecting boundaries is part of the job.

Advertisement
None of us deny that he was a legendary player, the issue is that he CONSISTENTLY treats people like trash. It doesn't cost you anything to be civil to people that approach you with respect.

I've been fortunate enough to meet a lot of Miami letterwinners over the years, Sapp is BY FAR the worst I've ever met. He's your typical douchebag, being a legend doesn't excuse the things he's done over the years.
I agree but he said the university should throw every memory of him away lol thats a bit too far for someone who u felt was rude to u lol

Dude please trust me! Sapp is rude, vain, attention ***** and has a nasty disposition to even kids. Seen it many times when he was here in Tampa. Trust me he is nobody's friend but his own. Respect his play for Canes and Bucs, but wouldn't have anything to do with him professionally or socially. Dude is a Pig.
SO ACCORDING TO YOU SAPP IS A RUDE, VAIN, ATTENTION ***** WHO HAS A NASTY DISPOSITION? YOU JUST IDENTIFIED THE CULTURE OF THE ENTIRE CANE TEAM DURING THAT ERA…WHICH IS WHY I SAID THE ENTIRE CFB WORLD HATED US…EMBRACE IT OR FIND ANOTHER TRAIN TO RIDE THROUGH YOUR FIELD OF FLOWERS, PEACE AND HARMONY….

SO ACCORDING TO YOU SAPP IS A RUDE, VAIN, ATTENTION ***** WHO HAS A NASTY DISPOSITION? YOU JUST IDENTIFIED THE CULTURE OF THE ENTIRE CANE TEAM DURING THAT ERA…WHICH IS WHY I SAID THE ENTIRE CFB WORLD HATED US…EMBRACE IT OR FIND ANOTHER TRAIN TO RIDE THROUGH YOUR FIELD OF FLOWERS, PEACE AND HARMONY….
I know 10 times the OLD Canes personally than you probably ever will and I can tell you that off the field none were as rude and vain as Sapp. Stop it because you know nothing about the man outside of the field.

Advertisement
I found this entertaining and informative. I met Warren at an ESPN awards show at Disney, when we shook hands I found his hands are huge. This pivot show is lengthy but worth watching. I do question at the 34:19 mark he mentions a coach that doesn't want him to share his knowledge or coach. I think he says Rod Woodson which doesn't make sense. I hope the Canes are not involved. Perhaps someone can explain who he means...thank You...enjoy:

Warren Sapp on the Pivot.

He’s not even close to most decorated. Dan Morgan and Gino are the two most decorated.

I have no horse in this race, but the mere fact that he shows up at camp and interacts well with the attendees isn't evidence of much. That's great that he does that, but there's also a purpose there-to sell kids to the U. It seems that in more private scenarios he's a jerk for no reason.

Advertisement
Amazing that you don't hear these stories about other guys from that era. Maybe, not just maybe, Sapp is a **** of a person.

Met him a couple of times. Never got any bad vibes from him just the same vibes you get from any athletes who have performed at highest the levels.

They all think highly of themselves...so what? Why is anyone comparing themselves to a star athlete anyway? My skill sets is totally different so there's no envy on my part. People want to see him or be him that's ok by me.

Also, I can truthfully say that I haven't stood close enough to ANYONE to to smell their breath..nor would I want to

He had multiple arrests before that too with dropped charges. In this case there was video evidence so...

I’m not a guy who holds past transgressions against ppl, except for those who commit child, animal, &/or elder abuse.

Sometimes, these athletes feel invincible and think they can do & say anything w/ no consequence. It’s when they r forced to confront humility they change. My only hope for Warren is for all the karma he received for being an a-hole, he’s learned from it, & trying to help youngins not to go down the same course/path. Hoping he’s learned & sincerely changed.

Advertisement
You got zero issues with a known ******* who is a convicted woman beater?

Cool story, man. At least he played football at a high level.

What does he beating slags have to do with him as a player on the field?

F*cking people today man, they try to moralize and judge everyone from 100 different directions.

i know this is America 2022 but you do know a few things can be simultaneously true right?

he’s a cane legend that built this place and his accomplishments can be revered

he has multiple moments of being a total ******* to people

at times he’s not a ****

overall verdict- a likely legendary *******

Seems like we got a whole lot of fans OK with going 7-5 ... 😏

warren-sapp-of-the-miami-hurricanes-file-photo-DARBJJ.jpg
0a65c0caf23cc3a821cfb39612789de2.jpg

(... looks like Brett caught a load of that breff y'all talkin' 'bout)

Advertisement
Back